“Good location & friendly staff”

Brisbane Marriott Hotel
Ranked #22 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane
Sydney
“Good location & friendly staff”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at the Brisbane Marriott on business for 5 nights. The staff were extremely courteous at all times. On check in I was offerd a free upgrade to a lovely room overlooking the river & bridge. The room was very clean and spacious. The only negative I could find was the limited retaraunt menu that did not sound appealing at all. The Hotel is a nice easy walk to the Queen Street Mall or the Riverside restaraunts. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
James F, General Manager at Brisbane Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear michaelbSydney – Thankyou for taking the time to review our Hotel. It’s great to hear that we welcomed and served you so well during your stay. I also note and appreciate your feedback regarding our restaurant menu which I have duly passed on to Chef. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Kind regards
James Ferguson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
brisbane
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I saw advertising on TV and internet offering rooms at "special" rates for new years eve and exclusive views of fireworks display. The "special" rates were inflated premium prices for a river view room at $400+. I purchased one of the deals, expecting luxury and a good view of the new year fire works. The room was nothing special. Yes, you could see along the river, but not from a great height. On arrival/check-in I lashed out on valet parking to to safely secure parking of my car in the hotel car park. More on that soon. In room food was good, although very expensive. A good supply of complimentary ice was available for drinks etc. BUT! come to fireworks time it was quickly evident that you could not see the fire works from anywhere in the hotel, let alone your expensive room. Next morning, before check-out, I gave the requested advance notice (20 minutes+) for the retrieval of my car. After more than an hour waiting in reception I asked for my car. I was told that I must go downstairs, out into the back street to get my car. I replied this is not what valet service charges are for and that my car should be brought to me at front of hotel. After long discussion, it was agreed that this "against hotel practice" would be agreed to but I would have to wait further because the car had been "parked down town at an off site car park". I expressed my displeasure at the entire Marriott experience and was told a senior manager would reply to my written comments that day. After three days of chasing up, I received an inadequate "excuse" e mail which finally prompted this review.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else. This is not any value, let alone good value
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank brianswift
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were only in Brisbane one night. We used the train and a short walk to get there. Beautiful old hotel on the river. Everything is updated. Great location and view. It has a restaurant but you are surrounded by all kinds of eating establishments. We had a view of the river magnificent. We had a early flight but wished we would have had more time to explore Brisbane and enjoy the hotel. There is a pool.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the river worth it
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Smokedogaz
Aussie business traveller
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We actually live nearby but since it was my birthday and it was stinking hot we thought we would go and stay in a hotel and have a swim and enjoy a change of scene so booked Marriott through expedia, city view room with twin double beds for around $230 incl B/fast, booked a few hours before our stay.

Check-in was good, freindly, efficient and helpful. The room was a good size and the bathroom had seperate bath / shower....2 adults and 2 kids was quite comfortable. Aircon was cranked up and was working well and not too noisy. Down to the pool, a very nice area, much smaller than it looks in the pictures but very clean cool and refreshing and the fact it is in a covered area was very welcome given the weather we are having right now! You can get in the sun if you want too as it's an indoor / outdoor area. A small but nice spa pool is there and sauna's too. Loungers were in demand and on a busy day might be hard to get one! Ordered drinks, my comment there is that when I saw $9.00 for a tap beer that seemed quite reasonable until it arrived and its a small glass not a normal sized glass for a beer + they add a $4 service fee which I didn't see on the drnks list so I thought that was a little mean but the beer was cold and tasty if not a little shy on volume.

We spent quite some time at the pool, when coming back to the room they had delivered a slice of cake and a card to say happy birthday, a nice little touch. We dined at Eagle St Pier rather than the hotel and came back for another swim (Pool is open till 11 which is great) and had a very good sleep. The beds are very comfotable, the hotel was nice and quiet with no noticable road or neighbour noise. The shower was good (Important!). The staff were all very pleasant during our stay. The breakfast was very good with a nice selection and pancakes, omelets etc are cooked to order so they are nice and fresh instead of rubbery like you get out of a baine-marie. The layout of the breakfast area creates some walkway issues and its a bit squishy but no major issue. B/fast is $35 if you don't pre-book, kids half price with under 6 free. At check out they had the accommodation charge on the bill but when I pointed out that I had booked and paid through Expedia already it was sorted without fuss. So we had a very pleasant stay and would happily go back again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank thegoodthebadtheugly
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I've stayed at Marriott's around the world and this has to be one of the best I've experienced! We stayed on points and since I'm Platinum status, they upgraded us to an Executive Level room looking over the Brisbane River. The room was large and very comfortable, with a bathroom equipped with a tub and large walk-in shower. As usual, the Marriott King bed was just wonderful! The concierge was amazingly helpful - made recommendations & reservations for dinner, was very helpful with directions, as well as pre-ordering a taxi to take us to the airport for a very early flight. The Execute lounge was good and breakfast buffet was superb. Our only regret was we could not stay longer - but we'll certainly come back some day!

Room Tip: Choose a room on the back side facing the bridge
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank oldranger81
Regional NSW
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We drove up after half a days drive finding the entry full. The concierge came and met us. He efficiently helped us unload and showed me where to go to check in. We found all staff members to be polite and helpful, except reception. This was our first time at a Marriott and check in was akin to pub service i.e. hasty, no eye contact, impersonal. The concierge's genuineness more than made up for reception's going through the motions persona. Beds were great. Asked and received a high floor, coming from the country I like to watch the busyness of cities. Had to ring for a pre-requested baby cot. Breakfast buffet has an extensive variety and the leaf tea was supreme. The pool area is smaller than photos suggest. Had no issue with the room, it was clean and well presented. I can't see how some reviewers claim the hotel is tired. We really enjoyed our stay, 1 night went too quick.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Great location, short walk to the river and pubs, bars and Resturants all around. The room was small even with upgrade but the bed was so comfortable. Parking wasn't to pricey. Would recommend it for anyone wanting to stay deep in the CBD

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple