“Excellent Location”

Brisbane Marriott Hotel
Ranked #27 of 168 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Rooms were nice and updated. Big TV, nice desk and plenty of outlets for electronics. Internet was speedy and allows connecting multiple devices.

The executive lounge is great. Excellent selection of foods for breakfast.

Pool deck is nice. On the fourth floor and open air so you can get some sun. Has hot tub and sauna too.

Hotel is in a great location. Brisbane is an great city to walk. The river has a great path for running. Take it south from the hotel until you hit the botanical gardens.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
James F, General Manager at Brisbane Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear ToddMH70 – Thankyou for your review and rating. I’m so pleased our electronic facilities and high speed internet met your requirements - such an important element of any hotel stay. And thankyou also for sharing your views on our Executive Lounge, Pool Deck, location and the great tip regarding the river boardwalk running path. With spring here and summer not far away a scenic jog or run by the Brisbane River is such a great way to take in our city. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Although I only stayed one night, I was very impressed with the hotel. This started immediately on arrival with the very warm and friendly reception. The room was very well located with splendid views of the river and had all the usual amenities I would expect to find in a Marriott exeuctive room. The lounge was excellent and offered a good choice of refreshments. The in house restaurant was excellent offering fine steaks complimented with excellent wines.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Dear johnpamanchester – Fantastic to hear of your great first impressions with the warm welcome you received from our front office team and which set the tone for the remainder of your stay. I’m also delighted you enjoyed the outlook from your Executive Level room as well as the offerings in our Executive Lounge and great steaks and wines in our restaurant, Motion Bar & Grill. Thankyou for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor and we look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back this way.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

The Good: Comfy beds with good quality linens. Fairly good location within walking distance of Eagle Street Pier, CBD, shopping, river ferry service, etc. Parking under hotel, but valet only plus a charge of $45/day.

The Not So Good:
Lazy housekeeping: Our beds were pulled up, but pillows not put in place and left on chairs; hair dryer not stowed, coffee pot not emptied, etc. Room dusty in spots.
Bath amenities were cheap and not replenished. Tea and coffee not replenished either, until we called and asked for some. No shaving/makeup magnifying mirror in bathroom, and the electrical outlet was under the counter and very hard to find.
Staff: Hit and miss. Mostly friendly and trained to say the right thing, but did not necessarily follow through or help with concerns. When we checked out and were asked about our stay, we responded that it was just average. The man at the desk didn't bother to ask why.
Dinner: Okay, but nothing special. Ate there only 1 of our 3 nights.

Disappointed enough to cut short our stay by 2 nights. Have stayed in Marriotts nearly 50 nights this year. This time, not so good. Would choose another Brisbane accommodation.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear FourWinds_11 – While I appreciate your more favourable comments, I am of course very concerned to learn of the lapses in service standards you experienced during your stay and also that we didn’t meet your expectations in relation to certain aspects of our appointments. Please be assured I will be addressing your comments with the Hotel team and taking on board for future consideration your feedback regarding the placement of the bathroom’s electrical outlet and the non-availability of a magnifying mirror. My sincere apologies for any disappointment or inconvenience you experienced. I do hope we may welcome you again to allow us the opportunity to regain your confidence.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I am a regular visitor to the Brisbane Marriott and it truly does feel like a home away from home. The concierge guys and girls are always delightful and take the effort to know my name and welcome me back - even remembering small details from previous visits. Check in is seamless and I frequently am upgraded to a stunning river view room. Breakfast is a pleasant experience and the restaurant is a very easy and tasty option. My only down side is I don't really rate the room service menu. I have had better in other hotels. My daughter often comes in to stay with me when I visit the hotel and she is also made to feel special. On my last visit we treated ourselves at the Dome spa and it was just lovely. Will be back again soon!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Leigh M – It’s always very heartening to hear such praise, particularly from one of our regular guests. The hotel team delights in personalising our guests’ stays and impressing with the small details that make such a big difference, especially when you are so far from home. We are also aware of the importance of a great Room Service menu and I appreciate your feedback which I will be reviewing with our Director of Food & Beverage. I’m so pleased you and your daughter also had the chance to indulge in a visit to the Dome Spa Retreat on your last visit. Thankyou for your wonderful review and rating. We look forward to welcoming you and your daughter on many more visits to the Brisbane Marriott.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Great location on the riverside, close to CBD area and shopping area. Rooms are standard fare, relatively small. Lobby is small and cramped. Lack of car park in front of the lobby - from car parking/floor one needs to lug your baggage to lobby one level one which is not very comfortable.....
Most irritating for me the size of bathrobes in room - they were very small in size and cannot imagine how can they keep it like this - I am not a large person just standard 182 cms, 6ft male with average build but the bathrobe was a real tight fit to use...

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Tokyo_gaijin_70 – Thankyou for taking the time to post a review of our hotel and I’m so pleased you enjoyed our fantastic location. I apologise that all was not to your expectations. Our hotel is positioned so that our main vehicular entrance is via our Howard Street entrance and I am sorry that you were inconvenienced in any way. With reference to the bathrobe that was provided in your room, please let us know when you next book of your preference for a larger size and we will be very pleased to accommodate. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Hotel.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I had not been to the Marriott for about a year until last week. I was amazed to see the transformation of the restaurant breakfast area. Display fridges full of the freshest produce, many different varieties of bread for toast, proper toasters, made to order eggs, crisp hash browns, tomatoes, mushrooms, bacon etc. the only improvement I could suggest would be to get some home style sausages rather than the supermarket ones.
The staff were cheerful, helpful and trying always to do the best for the customer. I saw a number of cases around the hotel where the staff went out of their way to assist customers - so refreshing and rare.
Highly recommend a visit, and while you are there enjoy a stroll along the waterfront of the river.

Room Tip: All rooms are fine, the executive club gives access to a very nice lounge with food and drinks.
1  Thank IanJMac
James F, General Manager at Brisbane Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Dear IanJMac – It’s fantastic to hear that you were so pleasantly surprised with all the innovations in our recently renovated restaurant, Motion Bar & Grill, and fully enjoyed your buffet breakfast experience. We appreciate all feedback and your comment regarding the sausages has been passed on to Chef. Thankyou also for your observations regarding our staff service. The team takes such pride in exceeding our guests’ expectations and they will be delighted to note your comments. Thankyou for your review and recommendations and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back before another year passes.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed for one night at the Marriott in one of their standard rooms. The staff were very friendly and we received a glass of champagne on arrival. When we went to our room, the toilet was leaking and when we told them they moved us to another room straight away. In our next room the iron was not working. Apart from this, the pool was gorgeous and it was so close to everything we needed for a night out in Brisbane City. Close to Eagle Street Pier too, so no need to cab it anywhere.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jorjieporj
James F, General Manager at Brisbane Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Dear jorjieporj – Thankyou for your review of our Hotel. I’m so pleased to hear you enjoyed our service, location and your time on our pool deck. I do apologise for any inconvenience you experienced as a result of the faulty equipment you encountered, however, pleased to note that a room move was quickly actioned in the first instance. Thankyou again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Brisbane Marriott when your travels bring you this way again!