“Familiar Hilton quality in great location on Queen Street Mall”
Review of Hilton Brisbane

Hilton Brisbane
Ranked #22 of 168 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Perfectly situated in heart of CBD on Queen Street Mall. Spacious, clean rooms and friendly, attentive staff. Nice Executive Lounge and Lobby bar. Reasonably priced. I especially liked location on Queen Street Mall for casual dining, shopping, and people watching. Brisbane is a walkable city, walked daily to meetings at Convention Center and all,along river to Southbank and Eagle Street Pier. My only complaint was slow service at the Lobby Bar one night.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
TheoVeenboer, Director of Operations at Hilton Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear JMGIII

Thank you for posting your comments about your recent stay at the Hilton Brisbane on Tripadvisor. It is great to see your comments about the level of attentiveness encountered from our team. Our location in Brisbane is indeed second to none when utilising the many facilities available around the CBD. It is a shame that your stay was slightly marred by slow service in the bar and I will redress your comment to the relevant department head to ensure this is addressed.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Brisbane

Reviewed November 14, 2013

As mentioned, the Hiltons need some light entertainment in the lounge/bar area. The rooms are clean, with good quality bedding. the Executive lounge staff are one of the best we have experienced. We would highly recommend the Brisbane Hilton Hotel with all our business associates and friends.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Leslie C

Thank you for taking the time to fill out one of our guest surveys and post your comments onto Tripadvisor. It is with pleasure that I read your remarks on our executive lounge. We have a proud team in the lounge and they will very much appreciate your sentiments.

We look forward to one day welcoming you back.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I recently stayed in Brisbane on Business and picked the Hilton for location. Great location and really appreciated being able to walk everywhere. The room was very modern and quite large. It felt very new. Love the white bedding and the amenities. You can tell this is a refurb from the large rooms and large floor fooprint. Only downside is the fact that it doesnt feature free internet! Based on that the hotel was quite good.
Waht really made it outstanding was the serviece form the front desk team. I was greeted by Mandy (hope that is correct) and she was extraordinary. She was empathetic and smiling. When I asked for dinner suggestions, she was well versed and was able to send me to the perfect place. I had also made a mistake on my reservation which they promptly organized. Akll in all a great stay and I will be back.
Restaurant was also great, with a nice selection of wines, food and overall great feel!

Room Tip: Free wifi in the lobby.

Dear Pdittay

thank you for your review about the Hilton Brisbane on Tripadvisor. It is great to read that you enjoyed your time with us during your business trip and see your appreciation for the comfortable bed and amenities. I must point out that we now do provide complimentary internet in our public areas but that internet in the guest room still indeed carries a charge for the high quality and high speed options available.

It is great to read your comments about our front desk and restaurant team members. Rest assured that your sentiments are shared among these department and very much appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

wow! ive stayed at the hilton a couple of times when i just want to relax and know that i will have a good night sleep. the place is so lovely, everything is nice and clean. although i didnt get a chance to use the pool and the facilities there i still loved the place. the prices are a bit expensive for such a small room, i would of loved free wifi in the rooms but that didnt bother me that much. overall i loved the place and i would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Bieh T

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. Your insights are very much appreciated. It is good to see that you loved the hotel and that you are planning to stay again in future should the opportunity arise. Hopefully you will be able to try the remainder of our facilities on that occasion.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Hilton Brisbane

Recently booked a WOTIF Mystery Deal and was lucky enough to score the Hilton Brisbane! You beaut as the Hilton generally sets a great standard. Upon arrival we were greeted by Jack who was just awesome. Very friendly and polite. He offered us an upgrade to an Executive Room which gave access to lounge for pre dinner drinks, canapés and brekky the next morning. We gladly took up his offer and we were allocated room 2520 on the top floor. Wow what an amazing view over to Riverside etc. The room was standard size.....very comparable to the Sofitel Brisbane. I must say the decor of the room was simple......but perfect (if that makes sense!). The Peter Thomas Roth goodies are lovely and the bed.........ah the bed was just brilliant! The crew doing the turndown service were kind enough to give me two extra bottles of shampoo conditioner when I asked! :-)

The atrium is massive. Reminds me of the Luxor in Las Vegas. I think that the sheer size of this atrium somewhat detracts from the lobby bar atmosphere.

The executive lounge is much smaller than the Sofitel.....that said the nibbles and drink service was just as good and the view was much much better from the Hilton. Staff were very friendly and it was a nice relaxing atmosphere! When I say staff were friendly......they were absolutely lovely and happy. The executive lounge also does a simple but effective brekky to kick start the day which is just great. Love the express Check out option too!

So........usually the Sofitel is my hotel of choice here in Brisbane. That said.....I was extremely impressed with the Hilton..............for convenience it is much better than the Sofitel. I guess next time I am up for a CBD stay (which is usually every two to three weeks or so) I will look at the prices and choose the better deal. As this was a personal visit we thought we would risk a mystery deal and I'm happy with the choice.

In the last couple of months I have stayed at the Pullman, Sofitel, Marriott, Watermark and now the Hilton........and I have really really enjoyed this overnight stay.

Only one nit pick......... I usually judge my stays based on the rooms service ice cream sundae. There isn't one on the menu here.....just basic ice cream in a bowl!

Here's a tip....Brisbane City Parking can be very expensive. If you book parking online at the Wintergarden next door it is super cheap. Eg we booked from 1630 Friday to 1230 Saturday and it was $10. Bargain!

Room Tip: Splurge for th executive floors. Much higher and food included!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nathaen M
TheoVeenboer, Director of Operations at Hilton Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Dear Nathaen M

Thank you for your insightful review on Tripadvisor. We proudly participate with the mystery deal and it is always pleasing to hear about the stay being such a success. Hopefully you'll have the same amount of fortune for a future stay although I must point out that besides the mystery deal, there are also great deals to be had through our regular Hilton branded websites!

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Very good hotel in the heart of the city, only steps away to the heart of the shopping district and many fine bars and restaurants. The weather was hot so I was very grateful to the excellent air conditioning in the bedrooms. The bed and pillows were heavenly so a good sleep came easily.I was in an Executive room so was able to use the lounge. This didn't really impress me as the room did not give off a great ambiance, and I found it was hard to relax in these surroundings. That said as long as I can get a reasonable price this is always my first choice when staying in Brisbane.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear alastair4

Thank you for taking the time to post insights into your recent stay at the Hilton Brisbane on Tripadvisor. It is great to see that we are your first choice hotel when staying in Brisbane. We are indeed privileged with our location in the heart of the CBD; which can be a beacon of calm and cool when out in the city during the hottest times of the day. Our Hilton White Bed is often acknowledged as being very comfortable and we are glad to see you too enjoyed the bed.

We hope to welcome you back again soon when visiting Brisbane in future

Reviewed November 6, 2013

We attended a wedding reception at the Hilton, it was perfect in everyway. We stayed 2 nights and had a great stay until we left. We had brought $200 worth of Nespresso coffee pods only to discover when we got home we had left them behind. I rang the hotel up and spoke with the housekeeping supervisor who was on that day, not only was she rude but she lied to and had no manners. I was told nothing was left behind even though I confirmed with friends first before ringing to make sure no else had picked them up, apparently they walked out themselves. After speaking with a few people since our stay, apparently this is a common occurrence at the Hilton. This just spoilt our stay and has put us off going back, even though I hold a Hilton card.

Room Tip: Don't trust house keeping!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear somerville78

Thank you for your insights about your recent stay at the Hilton Brisbane. Although you had a positive experience in relation to the overall stay and reception attended at the hotel, it is disappointing to read that our team was not able to adequately follow up your request to have items left in the room returned to you safely. Our executive housekeeper will be in contact with you direct to ensure your items are returned promptly. Please rest assured that this is not a common occurrence at our hotel. We have a very proud team and stringent lost and found procedures. Unfortunately incorrect decisions made in relation to your items lead to the items only being recovered quite late and I regret that the tardiness of corresponding with you about the outcome has caused unnecessary distress. I do hope we will be able to change your opinion about Hilton overall by resolving this one incident.