“Great hotel in the central business district”
Review of Hilton Brisbane

Hilton Brisbane
Ranked #21 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane
Sydney, Australia
“Great hotel in the central business district”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Hilton Hotel Brisbane is a regular place for me when in Brisbane. Brisbane hotels are high priced, so do not expect a bargain. Yet, the Hilton Brisbane offers superior service and atmosphere. The breakfast is terrific in the restaurant. The bar in the lobby, on the 6th floor, is in an open setting and has recently been refurbished. Mark Francis in the Executive Lounge is outstanding.

Room Tip: If you can, book an Executive Room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
TheoVeenboer, Director of Operations at Hilton Brisbane, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear SMEMBoston_Ma

Thank you for your loyalty to our hotel and writing to us about your recent experience at the Hilton Brisbane. It is great to hear that you've enjoyed the services now provided in our refurbished restaurant and bar and that Mark and his team were able to provide the much acknowledged levels of service in our executive lounge.

We hope to see you again soon.

With kind regards,

Theo Veenboer
Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Melbourne
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Good experience with an executive floor and club room at Hilton Brisbane. Great service, feel and style.

Nice renovation in the lobby, pleasant welcome and a valued upgrade to Club Level. The rooms are way better than the standard floors. Something I found odd sat time I stayed, was the fact that lobby areas are refurbished yet the standard rooms and corridors seemed dated. Not the case on Exec Room levels though.

Great service and friendly staff in the club room lounge; served me soup, oysters and drinks and made me feel so welcome and looked after following a big day of travel; it was like a sanctuary!

Pleasantly appointed rooms too, modern and sleek whilst being comfy and premium. Liked everything about my stay and very happy here on business visits. Recommend this place highly. Gym s good for a quick morning work out and proximity to Queen St Mall a mixed blessing.....good for shop access, but made it noisy in my 22 storey room, as a band were playing until midnight in the street; the only downside of a great stay!

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Britpop73

Thank you for taking the time to put forward such kind words about your executive floor experience at the Hilton Brisbane recently and your appreciation of our refurbished facilities.

We sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in future.

With kind regards,

Theo Veenboer
Director of Operations
Sydney
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I recently had 2 nights there and found the hotel tired and a bit soulless.

Its an old building and while they have tried to make it modern and attractive they haven't succeeded, frankly they are fighting a losing battle as there's not a lot they can do to give it character ( the ugly foyer, the rear entrance, the glass lifts, the plastics flower tubs, so many things just don't work).

I can set aside an unattractive hotel if the service is good (and it was, everyone was very friendly and responsive) and my room was ready when I arrived at around 12pm, which is always much appreciated.

Niggling complaints; I ordered room service, $20 for a sandwich and the bread was 2 days old the $10 milk shake was served in a wine glass, a large wine glass but still for $10 I would at least expect a full/ decent size glass. I was seriously unimpressed. I expect to pay over the top for room service, that's hotels everywhere but this was really unimpressive. Of note the previous days room service of burgers and soup was fine.

My other complaints were with the Concierge service. I asked for them to book me into a 8pm dinner booking and they did a 7.30pm reservation and didn't communicate it back to me. When I asked for directions to the restaurant they gave me a map but didn't actually write the address down for me. I also wanted to get a wash and blow dry and they gave me the number of one place to call (which was booked out), when I asked for more options they sent me down the road to the mall to find a salon myself. This is fine but not the service I receive in other hotels. i love the Sydney, Melbourne South Wharf and the Gold Coast Hilton and this one isn't in the same category. There is so much competition I just feel they need to lift their game.

The room was comfortable but the bathroom was tiny and there was no bath. My 2 colleagues and I also thought the breakfast was very average.

I would stay there again for work if I needed to but it won't be my first choice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
TheoVeenboer, Director of Operations at Hilton Brisbane, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear tuesdayjones

Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey on Tripadvisor about your recent stay at the Hilton Brisbane. It is with regret that I read that the hotel's original Harry Seidler design and recent improvements did not quite match your personal tastes and preferences.

Thank you for pointing out the friendliness and responsiveness of our team. your input is greatly appreciated. The comments in reference to your room service and concierge experience will most certainly contribute in activity enhancing these areas and I thank you for addressing these with us and apologise for any inconvenience caused during your stay.

We sincerely hope we will have the chance to welcome you again

Theo
Mackay, Qld
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Stayed here many years ago prior to its refurb and it didn't impress me then. This visit was different, and would definitely stay again. Great location in the CBD, large trendy bar in the foyer with an equally contemporary restaurant.

Rooms were well appointed and the bed was AMAZINGLY comfortable.

My only reservation is that the breakfast was very lacklustre and ordinary for a five star. And what's with 5 stars (eg Sofitel as well) opening their breakfast doors at 0630 ?! It is far too late for anyone who has an early flight. The doors opened at 0630, however, plates, spoons etc were still being fetched which was frustrating.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Brisbane, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear msqMackay_Qld,
Thanks for taking the time to post your review. I am very you noticed and appreciated the improvements made to the hotel over the past few years. Our beds are amazing; a great night's sleep is vital. I note also your comments regarding our breakfast offering and service. Your comments will be discussed with our key team members and I am confident improvements will result.

We look forward to welcoming you back and thanks again for your feedback!

Perth, Australia
Reviewed July 30, 2013

If you're wanting to be right in the middle of where it is happening in Brisbane, then the Hilton is the place to be. Exits of the hotel open onto two main shopping areas, the one being Queen Street arcade, which has most of the top end brands as well as little boutiques and restaurants. Its also central to the business district. The hotel itself is stylish and modern. The king rooms are spacious and comfortable and offer all the amenities one would need – toiletries, kettle, wide screen TV, bath robe, mini bar etc. The bed is comfortable – a little on the softer side – with humugous pillows. The wifi is free in the lobby and its relatively fast. However, the same can’t be said for the wifi in the room. At $25 for 24 hours it was awfully slow, struggling to open up web pages – not fun. Valet parking is pretty pricey at $55 per 24 hours, but they do retrieve your car quickly when needed. We did not eat in the hotel so I can’t comment on the quality of food. The restaurant, however, did look inviting and was pretty busy but we decided to try out some of the smaller local restaurants in the area. If you have an opportunity, treat yourself to the chilli Morton Bay bugs and prawn special at “Jimmy’s on the Mall” – its to die for. We enjoyed the fully equipped gym in the hotel. For me, the main attraction is the Hilton’s location. Brisbane is one of the most vibey of cities in Australia and the Hilton offers a great experience. I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank SagMoonTravels
MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Brisbane, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear SagMoonTravels,
Thanks for your insight! We are very pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay in the hotel and your visit to Brisbane. Hilton Brisbane is extremely well located for both leisure and business and the Queen Street Mall is one of the great open malls in Australia. Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

In contrast to some other tired hotels in the CBD like the Sofitel and Pullman King George Square, the Hilton is a delight. Very modern room and bathroom, everything well placed and luxurious, outstanding bed, good quiet a.c. and heating, great restaurant in the lobby you'd be happy to take clients to. excellent concierge and $55 parking with unlimited valet for 24 hours was cheap in a city renowned for its rip off parking charges I'll be back.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Jake A,
We are delighted you had a great stay, thanks for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Only thing outstanding for hotel was the fact it opened up onto the Queen St Mall. I found it to be very expensive for what the rooms had in them. I booked 10 months in advance & asked for joining rooms or rooms next to each other, I got rooms next to each other but felt the amount of time booked we should have received joining rooms. Definitely be booking a 2 bedroom fully equipped apartment elsewhere next time. staff where lovely though, I think you are just paying for the name.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Jodi P,
Thanks for your feedback and your kind comments regarding our team. I am sorry to hear that your room allocation did not meet your expectation. The hotel is in a great location. We try and price ourselves competitively and are very mindful of our pricing generally.
kind regards,