“Cool hotel”

Ranked #20 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane
Melbourne, Australia
“Cool hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

Not the run of the mill Hilton. Reception is on the 6th floor. The corridors to the rooms look out over an atrium with plants and lots of lights. Better than the dark internal corridors that are the norm. Great view. Comfortable bed and good service. The buffet breakfast was a bit disappointing as the warming dishes failed as the food was cool. Although there was a chef preparing eggs fresh and was happy to do scrambled eggs even though there were some sitting in a pot. I'd sty here again.

Room Tip: I was in the 22nd floor which may have added to the view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Brisbane, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Dear Anne D,
Thanks for your comments. I'm pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay and that you rated the hotel highly. I am sorry however regarding the temperature of the hot food on the breakfast buffet. Thanks for passing this on, we will certainly look into why this occurred and how we can avoid it happening again.
Michael Bourne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (375)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Overall a great stay, staff were friendly and efficient. Attention to detail for items was a welcome sight. Paid attention to the customer and all staff were welcoming and helpful. Would recommend and stay at Hilton for business or leisure if I were in Brisbane again

Dear Christine C,
Thanks for your comments particularly those related to the service and helpfulness provided by our team. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel with excellent facilities, staff and location but what's the point in a hotel where you can't sleep?!! All night very noisy construction took place and after two nights of l was struggling to complete my work from exhaustion. No warning on the hotel website when booking and they are obviously aware but little hotel can do!

• Stayed July 2013
MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Brisbane, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Wannagohometosleep,
Thanks for the feedback. Night work is often scheduled in the city centre and while the hotel may be aware of it we really have no idea if it will have an impact on our guests in terms of noise. I am sincerely sorry that your sleep was interupted. I can only suggest that if you book to stay with us again you request a room on the mall side of the hotel or perhaps on a higher floor to avoid any chance of this situation being repeated.
Thanks again for your feedback.
Thargomindah, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

no happy, we lost out big time and even after we gave plenty of notice to the Hilton of the expected changes. Our group brought of 10k worth of value to the hotel and was too tight to move 2x275 room booking to another date because it was written in the contract.

Dear Geoff P,
Thanks for your comments. I believe we have contacted you directly and I hope that via this communication everyone involved can gain a better understanding of why certain decisions are taken and perhaps how the situation may have been handled a little better.Thanks again for your comments, we take them seriously and are always looking to improve how we do things.
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stayed there for 6 nights and it was an enjoyable stay. We stayed in the executive floor so that we have access to executive lounge. Canapés. Coffee tea and Internet access is provided. My family like the location where it is in the middle of mall, as they like to shop. My room is spacious and well lit. Also facing the downtown Brisbane which is very nice in the morning dawn . Restaurant also good and service also excellent ...

• Stayed May 2013
MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Brisbane, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear Jackseminyak,
Thanks for your comments. we are very pleased you had a great 6 nights with us; you can really get to know a hotel and a city when staying this long. I'm glad you and your family left with good memories regarding our hotel and our city (and I hope a few bargains as well).
noosa, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

A very comfortable room but starting to show its age. Staff provided excellent service and catered to a fear of heights. The quality of room accessories and meals was very good. the location was very handy being able to access Queen st Mall easily

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Brisbane, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Duncan L,
Thanks for your feedback and I am pleased that overall you had a most enjoyable stay. I have noted your comments and assure you that we are committed to a thorough ongoing maintenance plan and regular reinvestment.
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

We love staying at the Hilton Brisbane and stay here as often as we can. The hotel is luxurious, the staff are all gorgeous, the rooms lovely, the food amazing, the bar perfect. I feel special when I stay at this hotel. I have felt this way about the Hilton for the past few years - but during my last visit my love for this place increased...!! My husband and I decided to stay here for our 7th wedding anniversary, so booked a city stay to celebrate (we live in an outer Brisbane suburb). Upon learning it was our anniversary, the Hilton upgraded us to an Executive suite, and when I learned of this I was thrilled... I have never been upgraded!! The Executive Suite is well worth it - the Executive Lounge is awesome, and my husband and I loved celebrating our special evening in the Lounge with drinks and canapés. But not only did we enjoy an upgrade, but the Hilton team also sent us a complimentary bottle of champagne to congratulate us on our anniversary, along with a hand written note. I was blown away and so very thankful. I am not writing this review because we received something for free, I am writing this review because of the kind and thoughtful actions of the Hilton staff, and I want them to know how wonderful and special they made our anniversary. Thankyou to the Hilton team and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Scorpiongirl1973,
I am very pleased and proud to read your comments and have sent them around to the entire team; so thank you very much! We are so pleased that you had a memorable 7th anniversary while staying at Hilton Brisbane. Anniversaries are important events and it's wonderful to celebrate such meaningful milestones; thanks for letting us help you.