“nice hotel, average service”
Review of Hilton Brisbane

Hilton Brisbane
Ranked #21 of 168 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I came to the hotel on a group booking and can echo the sentiments of some of the other group reviews. The hotel and rooms are up to hilton standards - beds were extremely comfortable. Unfortunately the service level I recieved was not up to my expectations. I can confidently imagine that if I were a solo traveller or individual booking my service level would have been higher. When I travel for business(often on group bookings) this can be common, but I expected a bit more from a higher end chain. The entire check in process felt like something of a "get them in, get them out" experience with no focus on providing the high end service one expects when staying at a hotel such as this. The reception staff member I spoke to upon check in (and multiple times following the first encounter) seemed indifferent as soon as they realized I was with a group. Nothing terrible, just not up to my expectations (i'm sure my company's either)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
HHA3004, General Manager at Hilton Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Dear GMHD

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor.

I was pleased to read that you found the hotel comfortable. Your feedback will be discussed with our Front Office Manager however pleased be assured it is our intention to look after all our guests with the same high level of service.

Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to looking after you again in the future.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

In my opinion this is one of the better Hilton properties in Australia, staff are pleasant, rooms are largeish and with a fresh and modern refurbishment not to mention the price is very acceptable for a hilton. Unlike other hiltons in Australia the Birsbane Hilton is very generous with upgrades for hhonors gold members where I managed to get upgrades on two seperate stays without even having to enquire about the availability of the upgrade well done! Evening offering in the executive lounge was very generous although the breakfast was a bit lacluster. Aircon works very well in the rooms which was welcome in summer! The pool area was also fairly nice alebit the afternoon sun is a bit strong and a bit of shade wouldnt go astray. If in Brisbane again I would stay at this property for sure.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear avi8or_1990

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you had a couple of enjoyable stays and made good use of the Hhonor benefits that are available.

Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back at some time in the future.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Hilton for two nights over new years with 15 other family members.

We stayed in a king Hilton executive room which was really spacious, modern, well presented and most importantly very clean.

Sleeping in the king bed was like sleeping on a cloud! I have never slept in a bed so incredibly comfortable, this is honestly the best sleep I have ever had, better than my own bed!

The service at the Hilton is excellent. For new year’s eve the staff when above and beyond and arranged for all of our room service meals to be served by the outdoor pool so that we could all eat as a family and watch the fireworks.

The only negative thing about our stay is that I forgot to pack my GHD hair straightener and left it in the bathroom. When I called the hotel 3 days later they said that it could not be found. It is really disappointing that housekeeping did not hand this item in as it is quite expensive not to mention its common courtesy to return others property.

We really enjoyed our stay at the Hilton and would like to thank the staff for being so fantastic (except for housekeeping. No thank you for housekeeping)

Room Tip: The King Hilton executive rooms are incredible
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
HHA3004, General Manager at Hilton Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear Reob

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay and in particular dining out on the pool deck. Your feedback on our comfortable bed is appreciated and we recognise how important a good night sleep is for our guests. I have noted your comment about the missing item and will review with our housekeeper to ensure all our procedures were followed.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time your travels bring you to Brisbane.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We only stayed for a weekend this time and were impressed by every aspect. The location, the hospitality, the rooms, all of it. The Hilton certainly lived up to its reputation. The bar in the foyer is a great place to start the day or night. But watch out for the cocktails they are very addict-able.

Dear Disco3QLD

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in particular our enticing cocktails in Vintaged Bar. Your feedback is appreciated and I look forward to welcoming you back on another occasion.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Ive stayed at the Hilton Brisbane for years and i have seen it go from a dilapidated, boring hotel to a vibrant, beautiful establishment. What i love the most is the fact that they removed the old bath tubs from the rooms and gave the bathrooms a much needed makeover. I really love the new look and feel of the hotel. I do think their in-room Wi-fi could be better as it was probably the slowest connection i have experienced and as a suggestion i think something could go behind their funky bar on the HUGE white wall that stands behind it - just to make it look more appealing but hey its just a suggestion. Hilton - well done!! :)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
HHA3004, General Manager at Hilton Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Dear philbert09

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor.

As a long term supporter of the Hilton I was very pleased to read you positive comments about our major refurbishment that has occurred over the last two years. We note your comment about the internet connection which is currently being worked on and we hope to have it resolved very shortly.

Your feedback is appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back at some time in the future.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed here for a weekend getaway in Brisbane. The receptionist was incredibly friendly and helpful. The room was exactly as we expected, and the bed was extremely comfortable (and huge!). I really appreciated the available towel robe.

My only disappointment, in such a "fancy" hotel, is that a) the parking is not included in the room rate and is ridiculously priced, at $55/24 hours (we parked at the nearby Myer Centre for a fraction of the cost) and b) the internet is also a separate price, not included in the room rate.

However, in general, we greatly enjoyed our stay. I would highly recommend this hotel for a truly first-class experience.

Dear aniahime

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. In terms of internet I can now confirm we offer complimentary wireless internet in the public areas as well as in our Executive Lounge. Car parking in the CBD of Brisbane is in short supply and therefore can be considered expensive, our price includes a full valet service and can be used as many times as you like to take the inconvenience and hassle of parking in the centre of the city.

Your feedback is appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Spent the weekend at the Hilton Brisbane for our wedding anniversary and it was MAGICAL!!!
Checking on line, on the hotel web site, we secured an excellent rate and logically that would mean a standard room on a lower floor. Nothing wrong with that, of course, however on check in we were enchanted to find ourselves on the 17th floor in a fantastic room. (perhaps all the rooms are fantastic - I think they might be!!)
The foyer is impressive,. Large open natural light space with three glass lifts gliding soundlessly up and down, and beautifully designed red chairs and lounges in a special cafe spot, largely for drinks, tea and coffee and of course high tea!
Furnishings were excellent and I especially enjoyed the chaise lounge, where I could spread out and read the weekend papers (often one has to lie on the bed to do that)
Great bathroom, loved the "rain shower" shower head. Loved also the fact the coat hangers in the wardrobe could be removed so one could hang clothes on first and then put in the wardrobe. (don't you just hate those hangers that are attached to the railing?)
I would also like to mention the staff. Beautifully trained in every way, so helpful, so efficient.,
I see somebody else mentioned the breakfast buffet - I can only agree.
World Class!!!
Keep it up Hilton and we will be back again long before the next anniversary!
Diane S.

1  Thank aus3

Dear aus3

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you chose our hotel to spend your wedding anniversary and had a great time. Your kind comments will be enjoyed by all our team members who will be very pleased to read them.

Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back - maybe on your next anniversary?