“Nice hotel....Front desk staff need to work on their customer service skills!”
Review of Hilton Brisbane

Hilton Brisbane
Ranked #20 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane
Brisbane, Australia
“Nice hotel....Front desk staff need to work on their customer service skills!”
Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

I stay at this hotel regularly for work and find the location and the recently renovated rooms to be fantastic. I also must comment that the concierge staff on the Elizabeth st entrance are always approachable and welcoming. Nothing is too much trouble for them. The only negative I have found during my numerous stays at this hotel, is that the front desk staff need to work on their customer service skills. When you approach the desk, no one smiles and anything you ask seems to be an inconvenience for them. As the main port of call for their guests, the front desk staff should go out of their way to make their guests feel welcome and their business valued. Unfortunately this is lacking. Other than this, I would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Brisbane!

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Aust_82
HHA3004, General Manager at Hilton Brisbane, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Blake_Aus

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor.

Your kind comments about our concierge department is appreciated. I was sorry to read your views on our reception staff and will discuss them with the team working there.

Your loyalty to the Hilton when in Brisbane is appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back when your business brings you back to our city.

Martin Kendall

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (379)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Brisbane
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I recently had a one night relaxation evening away from my little children. It was a treat to myself. I chose the Hilton because I expected it to be very nice and comfortable. It was a great choice. I was lucky enough to be upgraded to an executive room on the top floor. That was an unexpected surprise, and it was much appreciated as I was unable to have a lunch break at work that day, so when I checked in I was hungry. I headed up to the executive lounge and found cold drinks and snacks and a wonderful view of the city. I also made use of the lounge later in the evening and enjoyed a lovley cesar salad and canapes followed by coffee.
The room I stayed in was spaceous with a calming colour scheme. The bed was super comfortable and the pillows were so nice. I had the relaxing peaceful nights sleep that I had so needed.
Staff were friendly and curteous as you would expect. The lobby was very clean and a wonderful cool retreat from the heat wave outside. I enjoyed sitting for a while in the lobby watching the Emerates flight crew checking in and out.
There are no baths in the rooms as they have been taken out during renovations. This was a little bit disapointing as I was looking forward to a nice soak. The walk in showers were great though.
I enjoyed my breif overnight holiday very much.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
HHA3004, General Manager at Hilton Brisbane, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear cosmocat12

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you had such a relaxing stay with us and managed to make good use of our Executive Lounge.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you feel the need for a break.

General Manager.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed on the 19th Dec for 2 nights. Our flight didn't land until 1.30am so it was 2.30am by the time we arrived at the hotel. Check-in was very quick which was appreciated as we were tired after a long flight. We were upgraded to an Executive Room as we are a Hilton Gold Member - the room was spacious, modern and very clean. We went for breakfast in the Executive lounge the next morning which was adequate, coffee/hot chocolate was delicious and there was an array of breads, jams, croissants, yoghurts, fruit etc. The staff in the lounge were so helpful providing us with weather information and generally made polite friendly conversation.
The location of the hotel was perfect as well as you can leave the hotel and you are right in the main shopping street. We had a car, and we found the only negative point about the hotel is the cost of the car parking - $55 is expensive for 24hours parking! But thankfully we were only staying 2 nights, so it didn't break the bank!
Overall, if we were in Brisbane again we would definitely return as we had a very enjoyable stay.

1 Thank LaurenD1701
Dear LaurenD1701

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay after a long flight and made use of our Executive Lounge.

Your feedback is appreciated.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed January 8, 2013

This was a good choice and was centrally located right in the centre of the City. The main entrance was on Elisabeth Street but then you had easy access to the mall which really is the beating heart of this City. The hotel room was fairly standard but in good condition. The room was very clean and bed comfortable. The facilities were good, the staff very pleasant, and service excellent. We only had the buffet breakfast at the hotel but this was very good.

Some parts of the Hotel were a bit dated such as the pool but this wasn't a problem for us. However the Hotel is expensive and I wonder if some of the newer apartment hotels we saw in the streets nearby might be a better option next time, particularly with the extra space.

The hotel was very helpful in suggesting tours and things to do in Brisbane. Southbank, Casino, shopping, were all close by. We did a number of tours around Brisbane and found that there were plenty of things to do and places to go. The Concierge did seem to want to push one particular company that we found to be expensive and really not very good.

1 Thank indiajimmy
Dear Indiajimmy

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor.

It was pleasing to read that you enjoyed your stay and in particular our central location adjacent to Queen street mall.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Brisbane.

Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed January 8, 2013

The hotel is beautifully designed and furnished. The location is great, close to everything. The room was spacious.

Why such a poor rating, you would ask? Well, the king bed was just awfully uncomfortable: really old mattress with indentations on both sides, where people were sleeping for many years. It was like sleeping in a pit! The pillows were firm like little bricks! I woke up not rested.

Hotels are in the business of providing quality sleep. In this respect, Hilton Brisbane did not deliver.

Also, we did not appreciate a $55 parking fee.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tor2008_8
Dear Tor2008_8

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay. We note your comment about the mattress you experienced and we will investigate further, thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times over the last four years and every time I stay there it gets better. I had prearranged an upgrade to an executive floor room with my online booking , a new feature that was a big surprise, it was great value. I was a bit concerned when they told me the Executive floor lounge was closed for renovations however service that we received in the Vintaged lounge was just as good. Buffet breakfast (included) was very good.

Room Tip: Book online and pre arrange an upgrade
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear James H

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and managed to prearrange an upgrade to our Executive Floor. I am glad you enjoyed our Vintaged Bar and can confirm our Executive Lounge is now reopened after maintenance work.

Your loyalty to Hilton when visiting Brisbane is appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Can't complain about anything. Very efficient stay in a very clean professional hotel at a very good deal price from last minute.com
Parking at $55 is a steep extra though and I'm sure better value must surely be available nearby if you are prepared to carry suitcases a little bit!!
Good central location. Enjoyed it

Room Tip: Ask for upgrade nicely
1 Thank Ferdinand
Dear Ferdinand

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed you stay and we look forward to welcoming you back next time your travels bring you back to Brisbane.