Hilton Brisbane
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Oaks Felix(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
Agoda.com
$65
$62
  • Restaurant
Mantra South Bank, Brisbane(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$124
$138
$133
Travelocity
2,592 results
All reviewsthe executive loungequeen street malldiamond memberelizabeth streetlobby bardirect accessconcierge staffbreakfast buffetexcellent locationthe heart of the citycentral locationbusiness tripvalet parkingthe riversouth bankatriumwintergarden
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 27, 2012

The standout for this hotel is the location and lounge staff (previous review), however on this occasion this hotel fell well short of expectations, to the level that I will be unlikely to return.

They seem to be very hit and miss with their service levels, the front desk seems particularly bad, last month they managed to misplace my bag for a period.

Positives - I was impressed that I got a call checking if I wanted a booking for the restaurant (I was staying Christmas Day as they were busy and the restaurant well booked - I didn't need one but did appreciate they were thinking of their guests). Received the diamond benefit of a room upgrade from that booked.

Negatives - virtually all other aspects........ On check in wasn't advised that the bar was closing at 10pm (checked in around 9:45). No welcome or anything else in the room, seems to be pretty standard for Hilton now. We went back down stairs to the bar, sat down to look at the wine list, ( I noticed there were 2 barman watching us do this, when I went over the bar to order a drink they told me they had just closed at 10, it was now around 10:03. We would have been sitting down for 5 minutes before that, I would have expected them to have come over and let us know they were closing in a couple of minutes, given they has seen us come over and sit down. I then went and spoke to the front desk about it, they told me it was Christmas Day there was nothing they could do about it - when I asked why they didn't mention this to me I was told that the staff member wasn't aware - really!
Breakfast the next morning downstairs was very poor, we had waited so long for an egg that by time we had returned to our table the coffee and water had been cleared, it then seemed far to hard for anyone to then bring coffee and water back to the table - 3 of the items in the hot area were all out and didn't appear that they were going to be replenished (mushrooms, tomatoes and potato), even after I asked.......

When I checked out I was asked the customary question of how was the stay, when I mentioned that it was terrible, the staff member was so fast to say she would pass it on that I had to ask what she was passing on as she had not inquired what the issue was, nor seemed to be interested in any of the actual details - hence the feedback on here.

The night manager did attempt to rectify by sending something up to the room - I didn't accept it, he seemed to completed miss the point of my concern.

Given the hit and miss nature of this hotel and this particular experience I will be unlikely to return as there are other hotels in Brisbane that do seem to want guests to return.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Qld4101
HHA3004, General Manager at Hilton Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Dear QLD4101

Thank you for placing a review on Trip Advisor.

I am very sorry to read that your stay was so disapppointing this time around. Please be assured your comments will be discussed with my managment team to ensure we improve certain areas.

Your feedback is appreciated and I hope you give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Recently stayed at Hilton Brisbane - and WOW what a great hotel this was. Exceptional people, great rooms - no over the bath shower ! The executive lounge for the business traveller is a great respite to get those emails done in peace and quiet. Great facilties all round for both the business traveller and families on holiday.

Room Tip: If you can upgrade to the executive floors - a real bonus
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear Trudi0

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay and made use of our Executive Lounge facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

I have no problem reccomending this hotel for lunch and coffee, I didn't get to stay the night but the service I had a lunch and what I observed makes me want to stay the night when next in Brisbane. The restraunt staff and front of house were very friendly and professional.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Jenny J

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your lunch in our award winning Vintaged restaurant , I know the team will be very pleased to read your comments.

I look forward to welcoming you back at some time in the future.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

we checked in late into the hilton brisbane, the room rate was expensive, the hotel empty. as a diamond member, got our upgrade to executive level, only to find the lounge was closed for renovations. when this happens you should compensate by making mini bar complimentary or something! and $55 for parking is a joke, only to have to wait 20 mins for the valet to bring it to us. the only good thing was the bathroom and beds were hilton standard and comfortable. the rest of it........... MEH!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ritchie G

Dear 808surf

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor.

I was sorry to read that your stay was not as enjoyable as it might have been. There is never a good time to carry out maintenance work in our Executive lounge and while we offered another location for our lounge guests I appreciate it was not the same. I am please to say our lounge is now open as normal.

Regards

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Did an overnight business stay last week,used to be a member of the chain so after a revamp gave or a shot.Booked a great executive room ,lounge was above average great food and wine really no need for dinner!!! Room was so good ,all mod cons and 4 big fluffy pillows ,Wollstonecraft stay again with my wife ,she would be very pleased lol

Room Tip: Go the exec room all inclusive, inc breakfast
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear Welltravelled10

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip advisor.

I was delighted to read that you had a really good stay and hope we can welcome you back again some time in the future.