“Easy fixes would push it to excellent”
Review of Hilton Brisbane

Hilton Brisbane
Ranked #20 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed January 15, 2012

I spent a pleasant 24hrs at Hilton Brisbane.

Upon arrival, I saw a ramp into a parking garage, so attempted to enter, but the valet stopped me and directed me to give him the keys. I was pretty tired after 33hrs in transit, so I just complied. Only at check-out was I told that the parking was $55.

The lobby area was under renovation.
Reception staff were very friendly and helpful.

My room was on the same floor as the executive lounge.
In the elevator, I noticed a security key swipe - however for the several times I used various elevators I never used the swipe and was always able to get to my floor.

My room was just about perfect
Comfy bed with good linens, nice view, great work desk, spacious clean.

Lounge staff were particularly friendly, taking time to chat if you cared to.

The gym was very big and well equipped.

Morning breakfast was excellent. There was a large selection of healthy foods, including glasses with different types of fruit salads, some with museli yoghurt with the fruit salad. Cappucino delivered to my table....nice!

What I like about Hilton Brisbane
- Location excellent right on the pedestrian mall
- Excellent room setup
- Clean
- Room ventilation good
- Room air con good
- Room seemed very sound proof
- Breakfast - one of the best I've ever had
- Gym is very large and well equipped
- Staff were all friendly and helpful

To improve
- $55 parking charge - Add signage outside or make up a pamphlet that the valets could give to each client that arrives by car....so that the costs are not revealed at check-out.
- I had problems to connect to the internet, (normally I don't)
- Investigate why the security card swipes don't work in the elevators.

Conclusion
- I will return if I'm on business in the area

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
HHA3004, General Manager at Hilton Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2012

Dear deathracer

Thank you for taking the time to place a comprehensive review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and in particular the quality of our breakfast. As well that you were well looked after by our team here at the hotel.

In terms of the lift security we have only recently installed this after our lift refurbishment and are working thru the commissioning process which should be completed very soon.

Thank you for your support of the Hilton when staying in Brisbane and we look forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion.

Martin Kendall

Write a ReviewReviews (2,486)

Reviewed January 15, 2012

We are Brisbanites and were looking forward to a great sleep over being spoilt!! as a rare treat without our kids! We arrived late (at about 4pm) and were informed that it would be $50 to have our car valet parked or $50 to self park!! As we were to check out at 11am, $50 to park the car was certainly exorbitant:( I really think parking should be included in the room rate. The staff at reception were very helpful and extremely friendly but I must admit that the renos were a bit of an eyesore and really detracted from the 5 star experience. We were upgraded to an executive room (yes of course at a price) but were really pleased with the drinks/canapes pre dinner and the delicious breakfast buffet in the morning. I found the gym great.....I was able to work off my delicious dinner at the Lab Bar and Restaurant (treasury casino just down the road). Overall, I had a thoroughly enjoyable time at the Hilton Brisbane. The staff are very efficient. Have to admit, the Sofitel has the BEST breakfast buffet EVER and was just overall that little bit classier!!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
HHA3004, General Manager at Hilton Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2012

Dear crissy69

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip advisor.

I was pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and appreciate your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time you have an opportunity for a night away in Brisbane.

Reviewed January 14, 2012

Friendly staff, great room and good central location. Be careful though, the parking charge is $50, which with being a stereotypical Scottish woman haha, i thought was a bit steep!

Still a great hotel, would definately recommend.

Dear Krista227

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. In particular our central location and the team at the hotel looked after you.

We appreciate your support of our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back at some time in the future.

Reviewed January 12, 2012

I had to over night in Brisbane on my way from the Pacific to Asia. The hotel had been under renovations and i thought it would be finished, but not yet, they are still doing work in the main lobby/reception area. The rooms are clean, functional although the bed seems to lack any support (if you like very soft beds you'll be happy) Some areas still look tired (like the pool area) and the gym tries hard, but is still some machinary in an unused space (no windows, views etc) Room service was quick and value for money. Sunday breakfast in the restaurant was good, although they keen to offer OJ, but forget to replenish tea or coffee..... It was an OK experience but would rate the hotel a good 4 star..

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo

Dear experiencedir

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor.

Your feedback is appreciated as it helps us to review the service and products we offer our guests.

We hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton on a future visit to Brisbane.

Reviewed January 11, 2012

Despite the hotel being under renovations we found it to be a great hotel. We stayed at the Sofitel in Brisbane and found that we missed the little things at the Hilton. Everything about it was much better. The staff were genuinely friendly and helpful. The location was excellent!

The room was just right for us. I am not sure if it is a Brisbane hotel thing but why are there no shower curtains or doors - that is the only annoying aspect of the room (same issue at Sofitel)

Will be staying there regularly in the future for work.

Dear WenShan

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular our central location and the team here looked after you.

We appreciate your support and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Brisbane.

Reviewed January 11, 2012

I hate it when hotels are renovating and there is no information on the website or when you book. I booked through Platinum American Express and sure it was a good rate but just let me know that the whole lobby area is a bomb site. Also car parking was $50/night which was a third of the cost of the hotel room. The location is fantastic, very convenient and the staff were exceptionally friendly considering the conditions they were working under.

2  Thank Aceprchick

Dear airlienewz

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the benefits of our central location and the service from our team in the hotel. The renovations of our bar area I can advise are on schedule to be completed by Mid February and in the mean time a full bar service is being provided in our Vintaged Restaurant.

We hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton on your next visit to Brisbane.

Reviewed January 11, 2012

We stayed here on our trip throughout Australia. I'd have to say that overall, it was an alright hotel.

It is located in a good spot within the city center with an average walking distance to everything that matters. The service staff was extremely professional and genuinely nice. The room was adequate - albeit smelled funny and the shower pressure was a joke (also what's up with no shower curtains??).

This hotel also seems to nickel and dime you. They had wifi available in the rooms but at a hell of a cost. With so many other hotels offering free wifi in rooms as a standard nowadays, I don't see why this hotel should charge so much. $0.55 AUD per MINUTE with a day cap of $29 AUD. Insanely high priced.

We also rented a car for a day to drive around. Even though we planned on returning the car to the rental place that same day, we inquired with the hotel how much it would be to park it overnight if we didn't make it (since Avis closed at 6pm). They told us it was $50 to park it overnight - and we were already STAYING there!

If I had the chance to stay here again, I would only if another better hotel was unavailable.

• Stayed: January 2012

Dear gdegoros

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor.

We appreciate your feedback which is important to us as we review the product and service we provide our guests.

I hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton at some time in the future.