“Great place to stop”

Airport International Motel Brisbane
Ranked #96 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I had a weeks business in the airport area so chose this hotel as having easy access to the airport as well as to the city and motorways north and south. This hotel does all that. the room I had was unusually spacious, tastefully decorated, warm and comfortable. I found the staff friendly and helpful, particularly when they enabled a very early checkin due to my flight arrival. This of course not always possible, but they took the trouble to make it happen. I was there to work, but I would have no hesitation in suggesting this hotel as a base for a holiday in the Brisbane area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank David L
Linda P, General Manager at Airport International Motel Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel.
Your comments regarding our spacious and comfortable rooms are much appreciated as it's always great to hear that our guests requests and expectations are met.
We have a fantastic team here at the Quality Hotel Airport International and I will ensure your comments are passed onto them.
We all look forward to welcoming you back next time your in Brisbane. Maybe next time it will be for a well earned holiday.
Linda

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Well I don't know how you could give this place a bad review, I had the pleasure of stay here every couple weeks for the last 3 months as I fly in fly out to work in Nauru from NZ, along with all the other workers. The service was friendly, helpful and at times humorous. The restaurant has the best food I have ever eaten and the service there is just GREAT!! Thanks Alex and the guys in the kitchen. We had no issues with early morning check outs, breakfast boxes were put in our rooms the night before, Internet was free and the shuttle service was always on time.
The only bad thing is our bosses are flying us direct now so no more stop overs at this great place but I will be back with my family to share my great experience with them.
Thanks so much to you and your team.
Manuel Edwards
OTOC crew.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Linda P, General Manager at Airport International Motel Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear Manuel & crew
Thank you so much for your wonderful review.
We loved meeting all of the OTOC crew and our great team are always delighted to see familiar faces returning the Quality Hotel Airport International. We think of our regular guest's as family.
I have passed your compliments on to the staff who do such a great job.
Your smiling faces will be missed but you are all more than welcome to come and visit on holidays to Australia.
See you then!

Reviewed May 4, 2013

We had a stop over in Brisbane and instead of heading into the city we decided to give the Quest International ago. We have stayed in several along Kingsford Smith road but were left disappointed. We chose here so we could walk to Racecourse rd and get a feed. On arrival the reception staff were great, smiled and greet us, check in was a breeze, good explanation on restaurant times and local eateries. We got room 69 and I never realized how big the joint is, down the long corridor to our room. Tip: if you don't have heavy luggage use the stairs, the lift is so slow. On entering our room we found a distinct foul drainage smell, we said we were going straight out lets see if it goes when we get back, and it did so all ok. The room was large, comfortable bed, clean and has a mini bar stocked with the usual. Bathroom had the toiletries you would need if travelling and plenty of towels. The cold water tap produced a hammering of the pipes and later we found 68 did the same!!! I was reading some reviews and noted there was a courtesy bus, so we booked it, we took the one earlier than we needed, even with a guarantee of arrival time at airport, and I am glad I did, it did not make it, we would have been rushing around if we took the later one, another annoying thing about the courtesy bus was the overwhelming smell of smoking, I felt I smelled when I got out!!  Overall this hotel is good, I will return, happy with staff and room.

Room Tip: Taxi fares from airport can be up to 35 dollars ! Lift very slow. Limited car parking.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at the Quality Hotel Airport International. It's great to see you enjoyed the location at the hotel, the cleanliness and the service you received from reception.
I'd like to apologise for the inconvenience caused by the hammering pipes. This was an isolated incident and we have installed accumulators to the taps in the rooms affected to alleviate the water hammer.
Your feedback regarding the courtesy shuttle has also been noted and we have contacted the company we use with your concerns.
Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back on your return to Brisbane.
Kind Regards

Reviewed April 6, 2013

We spent a night after cruising on the Sun Princess, and before flying back to USA. The hotel is very convenient to both the ship (a couple of blocks) and the airport (free shuttle). Also to busses and the CAT into the city.
The people at the front desk bent over backwards to be helpful to us, and the room was very spacious, modern and spotlessly clean. I cannot think of a single thing which wasn't top-notch. I would very definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Brisbane.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LorraineM209
Management response:Responded May 30, 2013

Thanks so much for your positive comments which we appreciate you sharing with fellow travellers. It is also wonderful for our hardworking staff to receive such feedback. Your comments truly inspired our team and drives us to continue our service.
We look forward to welcoming you on any return trips to Brisbane.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We recently stayed here for 3 nights. Exceptional standard of customer service, the room was clean and tidy. Hinklers restauraunt had a good menu and the chef Mark was great! Location is brilliant and Linda and Clint only too happy to help with any queries.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank chez528958
Management response:Responded May 30, 2013

I was so pleased to learn you enjoyed your recent stay during your visit to Brisbane.
I noted your comments regarding our restaurant and I'm sure the Chef will be delighted to read your feedback. It's always rewarding for management and staff to receive positive feedback and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.
Thanks again

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I recently spent a night at this hotel when in Brisbane for a weekend break. I had a 1 bedroom apartment, which was great. Room was clean & tidy with everything you'd need. Mini bar, tea/coffee facilities & toiletries. Bed was comfy & I had a peaceful night. Lovely quiet location, yet on the main road into the city or the airport. Only a few minutes into the city by bus or ferry. It's also across the road from the Cruise line port. Wonderful location. Great restaurants all within a 10 min walk. Had breakfast in the dining room the next morning. Great selection. Hot & cold food on offer. Staff were very friendly & helpful. In all, a hotel I would recommend for singles/business or families. I noticed a large conference room. Managers Linda & Clint were happy to answer any queries.

Room Tip: Breakfast is worth the extra money
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Lovelystopover
Management response:Responded May 30, 2013

Thank you for your lovely comments. It was really nice to have you stay with us.
We love sharing our property and are so glad you enjoyed our location and our teams hospitality.
Thank you for your time and for sharing your experience with fellow travellers. We value your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Brisbane.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I had an event at Portside so had a room through work to get ready after setup of the event. Overall it was a good stay for what I required it for, the shower and parts of the bathroom were looking very tired but you can see they have made small continual improvements (eg. Flat screen wall mounted TV, light fittings). Super close to Portside and their staff are their best asset, they really did a good job at making you feel welcome and accommodated.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Katiekatie119
Management response:Responded March 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
It does help other visitors make their choice of hotel when visiting Brisbane and it is always pleasing to receive positive feedback. We enjoy a great location being so close to Portside, the airport and the CBD and we are always delighted to hear that our staff are upholding our exceptional service standards. They make every effort to make our guests feel welcome. We are continually adding improvements to the property and appreciate that the majority of your expectations were met.
Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Brisbane.