“terrible follow up service, average room”

Airport International Motel Brisbane
Ranked #104 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed October 8, 2012

the room was average with a smelly bin. Reception does not open until 7am which works badly with early flights. I was told to lock my room and leave the key inside. Once I had shut my door I realised I had left my work iphone inside. I tried to recover it by talking to the kitchen staff that had started - they told me that they could not access my room and I should wait until 7am - which clearly didn't work with my flight! I left my details and asked them to courier to me at my expense. I ahve contacted them four times and they have refused to send it and require me to send a courier to them. Completely unhelpful service bordering on rude after an average stay for the price. I have never bothered writing a review before but would suggest that this may not be the place to stay if you are on an early flight!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Anne M
Management response:Responded November 11, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. I have read your review and have to say that I am sorry you had such a bad experience but I would also like to say I do not agree with all your comments.

Reception opening hours are Monday-Friday 6.30am and 7.00am on Saturday and Sunday. We have signs at our front entrance, reception and in the room compendiums that on-site managers are available out of hours by dialling 9 on the front entrance or foyer telephones or by dialling the out of hours phone number. I am not sure how you ended up in the kitchen but if you had of come to the front entrance our on-site managers would have attended to your problem immediately.

Our reception staff at no time refused to courier your mobile phone. They actually tried three companies to organise a courier for you. None of them would accept your NZ credit card details. They advised that you would need to contact a NZ courier and delivery time would be within 24 hours. These details were all conveyed to you on our return emails to your requests.

Having a "smelly bin" is definately not good enough. I only wish you had of mentioned it during your stay so the problem could have been fixed straight away, both in terms of deodorising it and following it up with the housekeeper concerned.

Thank you again for your feedback.
Safe travels in the future.
Kind Regards

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Had an overnight stay here recently for business in and around Brisbane and the Gold Coast. The hotel is in a great location for this purpose allowing easy access to the city and motorways north and south. This stay here i was given a 2 bedroom apartment behind the main hotel building which was a huge room with a full kitchen, overkill (and a bit overpriced) for an overnight business stay but would be good for a family of 4. The room was ok and clean but the kitchen and bathroom were in need of a renovation and were quite tired. The bed was pretty good and the room quiet apart from noisy echoing doors closing in the stairwell outside. Flat screens in the lounge and main bed (quite small tv in bedroom). Had room service dinner which was very nice and the hotel is very close to many restaurants in Ascot and on the river. Nicer rooms around the area but OK for overnight.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main building not an apartment. I have had a room in the main hotel previously...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank HorseLoverBDM
Reviewed August 30, 2012

First class hotel in a great spot, so close to the cruise terminal.
Friendly, helpful staff. Spacious modern clean rooms.
I could have taken the the chef home with me, the food was delicious!
Will definately stay again on our next cruise or airport stopover.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded November 20, 2012

Thanks so much for your positive comments which we appreciate you sharing with fellow travellers. It is also wonderful for our hard working staff to receive such feedback. Thanks again!

Reviewed August 22, 2012

I recently spent a night at this rundown establishment. In fact if it was any longer, I would have moved out. The rooms are tired, rundown and in bad need of maintenance. I was in room 7. My aircon was blowing room temp air, not hot, nor cold. My TV in the bedroom was not working, the toilet kept running when flushed, and the couch and bedspreads were stained. This location isnt too bad but thats the only positive. When I checked out, I heard a guest telling his colleague how when he returned to his room the previous night, someone had been in to the room and taken a bottle of wine from the mini-bar and then left the door open. This is hearsay but all in all, it was a terrible experience

Room Tip: Dont stay here!!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank howards2010
Management response:Responded November 12, 2012

Dear Howard
Thank you for your review as it gives me the opportunity to clear up a few of your greviences.
A room maintenance form is left in all rooms so we can keep on top of repairs. I notice in our maintenance log you did not lodge one or inform reception what repairs were needed in your room.

Stained furniture is not acceptable and the couch has been shampooed. We couldn't sight stains on the bedspread but we had it drycleaned for good measure.
All of our LCD TV's are under 12 months old but we do understand some guests find it difficult to navigate through channels but our friendly staff are ready and informed to lend a hand. The same applies for your air conditioner. Previous guests often set appliances to their own needs. Once again, if it's difficult to program your desired room temperature our staff are only too happy to help. I do apologise for the running toilet, they sometimes stick and need a tap on the flusher to stop the water but it is still no excuse. Once we are notified of these problems, maintenence repairs them ASAP.

You must be careful when eavesdropping on other people's conversations that you get the correct information. The missing bottle of wine was actually taken by a work colleague sharing the room with the guest.

From your history it seems you are quite an extensive traveller. I'm sure you would understand all hotels have housekeeping or maintenance problems but we need to be informed and given the opportunity to rectify these issues.

Thank you for your review and we wish you many happy and safe travels.
Kind Regards

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Stayed overnight at this property whilst catching an early morning flight out of Brisbane. The rooms were clean, spacious and well maintained. The room had all mod cons. The room service was fast and the food was excellent value for money. The location is very close to the airport and easy to find. Highly recommend this property.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Handy spot if you have an early flight out of Brisbane. Service was pleasant.The room (#32) was a good size and reasonable value at $179. There is an inhouse restaurant but the Hamilton Hotel and a number of other restaurants on Racecourse Road are only a couple of minutes walk away. We dined at one of my favourite spots, Gino's on Kingsford Smith Drive. Fantastic italian food just like mama used to make!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2012

We stayed here after reccommendations from a friend when we needed a place to stay close to the airport overnight.
The location is fantastic but that is the only good thing I can say about the place! The bathroom was seriously outdated and VERY mouldy. The room itself was located on the third floor and having to lug several suitcases up three flights of stairs with children in tow was not a pleasant surprise! The dining chairs in our room were fabric and extremely stained- looked like they hadn't been cleaned in a very long time.
Yes its close to the airport but for the price I'm sure you could find somewhere that may be a bit more expensive or further away but it would be worth the effort to do so.

Room Tip: ask for ground floor!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family