“Convenient & value for money”

Hotel Jen Brisbane By Shangri-La
Ranked #36 of 168 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Room was very clean, and location of the hotel is very convenient, right at the Brisbane Transit Centre.

Nearby there's convenience stores, lots of places to eat, and walking distance to many places of interest and shopping area within Brisbane CBD.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 2, 2014

This hotel is located right next to the train line. 1km or less from the city centre. The room on the 10th floor we stayed in was very comfortable. Breakfast was very nice. The carpark is easily accessible.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We booked a "Mystery Getaway" with Virgin and found out on Thursday we were going to Brisbane and staying at Traders, so the first thing both my husband and I do is to check Trip Advisor. We read all the reviews, lots of varying opinions but it was our 10th Wedding anniversary, no kids or Grandkids, time away, we'd go in with an open mind.

My husband requested a room "high up on the city side" so we got room 1206 and wow! I did not hear a single train, we commented more on the fact that the ambulances were making all the noise.

Staff were all friendly, smiling and helpful, we were able to check in early and go up to our room before the allotted time, or we could leave our bags in the lockable storage area (we did that today at the 11am check out and went to the shops while we waited for our 1.30pm bus pick up)

Room was fresh, bathroom spotless, soap replenished. The toilet seat was broken on one hinge, and we probably needed another pillow, but if thats all we can complain about, thats nothing.

Location is great, we were able to walk everywhere and racked up quite a few kilometres.

Buffet breakfast was hot, fresh and lots of choice, several types of eggs, I didn't like the scrambled eggs, so I ate the rest and left them. Bacon, hash browns, mushrooms, baked beans, chicken sausages, lots of breads for toasting, croissants, muffins sweet and savoury, coffee machine, or boiled water to make coffee, pancake machine, juicer to make your own freshly squeezed juice and also orange and apple juice already made, lots of cereals to choose from, and fresh fruits and yoghurts. Plus a little steamer area with asian dim sum and other bits n pieces. Newspaper daily to read with breakfast, staff whisked away used plates before you knew it.

MJ's Restaurant- had dinner there on our second night,
Entree- meatballs with chilli dipping sauce and pork steamed buns
Main- I had the turkey club sandwich with chips and my husband had the hamburger (bar meals) we were the only ones there for a while, watched the sun set and the bats fly over. The food was quickly delivered and steaming hot, I loved all the choices we had, we shared both entree and mains. The only complaint my husband had was beer choice, they had run out of Carlton Draught and VB on tap. He just tried a different brand.

Bottom line is, you can make a molehill into a mountain if you choose to, or you can make the most of your time away. We had a great weekend, thank you to Traders Staff and Virgin mystery tours.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I wasn't expecting such an unexpectedly pleasant experience. Modern interior design, fresh and clean. Well appointed room. Although it was a very short stay and I didn't get an opportunity to experience the restaurant, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 28, 2014

The hotel is located next to a train station and railway lines with the noise of trains all night and view over looking train yard. You cannot open the windows for fresh air and an alarm went off at 2.30am that we did not set.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Karen P
TradersBrisbane, General Manager at Hotel Jen Brisbane By Shangri-La, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Dear Karen P,

Thank you for selecting Traders Hotel for your stay while in Brisbane, and we appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. I would like to extend my apologies for any disappointments you may have experienced.

We are in the process of improving acoustics in the bedrooms with new innovative soundproofing curtains, which will decrease external noise.

I must sincerely apologise for the alarm disturbing you during the night, this has been addressed and thank you for bringing it to our attention.

I do hope we can welcome you back to Traders Hotel Brisbane in the future so we can restore your confidence in Traders Hotel Brisbane.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly on claire.huang@tradershotels.com

Yours Sincerely

Claire Huang

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Stay here frequently during business trips to Brisbane.
Comfortable and ideal location for my office.
Railway station next door can be annoying if you are on lower floors adjacent to it.
allows easy access to airtrain which is a bonus.

Room Tip: try to avoid lower floors on station side.