“A short stay at Traders Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Jen Brisbane

Hotel Jen Brisbane
Ranked #33 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane
Helsinki, Finland
“A short stay at Traders Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

Since our train left as early as 4.55 AM, we chose Traders, to be as close as possible to the station. Our goal was very well met, since we had only a five minute walk to the platforms. (We actually test-walked it in the evening.)

We were a bit sad because our stay was really so short and the hotel seemed to offer good conditions even for a longer stay close to down-town.

Our room was a corner room on the 11th floor, facing Roma Street. It was lately renovated, very spacious and you could hardly hear any sounds of trains.

We did not have a chance to test the breakfast, but in the evening we visited the restaurant and just had a Cesar salad, which was quite good.

The service was very good all the time. One of our suitcases was damaged during the day, causing a hole on its upper surface. When we mentioned this, the young lady at the reception, without any specific wish, immediately picked black tape and covered the hole.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Queensland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

Had a one night stay in corner room on 8th floor looking over Roma St station- due to good double glazing, the room was very quiet, so I would not be put off by being able to see the trains. Beds very comfortable. Only a few mins walk into Queen St mall and the city centre. Bathroom could have been a bit cleaner- mirror was streaky, but the room was very clean. Hotel is a fantastic option if you are in transit, as you are directly above the bus and train stations and can get straight to the airport. Didn't use the restaurant or bar. There is no swimming pool which I would expect for a hotel of this standard.

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

Looks recently renovated was clean and comfortable. All regular amenities, 42in Flat Sceen TV with Foxtel
Is on the outer of the Brisbane CBD but it's only a 5-10 min walk to the mall.
Is right at Roma St. Train station so was convenient for the Airlink from the airport which takes about 25 mins. I had a city side room, my friends looked west and said they got train noise but I didn't get any on my side of the building so you might want to ask for a city side room.
Great for the cricket as bus pulls up at the train station and takes you straight to the Gabba.
About 10min walk to Caxton St and the Barracks precinct.

Room Tip: Ask for a city facing room to avoid train noise.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in Traders for the first time for 2 nights and won't return again. The room was not made up although the pack of nuts I consumed the previous day was replenished. Didn't feel safe as there was no ledge on the door. People smoked at the main entrance although there was a prohibit sign. The pick up and drop off area was small and congested on both mornings when two pick up vans took up the whole entrance waiting for their passengers. Being a 4 star hotel, absolutely not value for money although it was on corporate rate. A 5-star corporate hotel in the city charged the same rate too.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Eunicessy
TradersBrisbane, General Manager at Hotel Jen Brisbane, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Eunicessy,

I would like to confirm the hotel was at full capacity with groups during that time, therefore the driveway was busy, sorry for any convenience this caused.
I would like to extend my apologies for any disappointments you may have experienced during your stay and sincerely hope you consider staying with us again.

Kind regards

Bruno Cristol
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

I visit Australia around 4-5 times a year for business and would stay in the major cities such as Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. Have been doing it for 5-6 years so I am accustomed to the good and professional hotel management style in this corner of the world.

I don't want to complain too much on this review as the front desk staff was helpful and pleasant. The reason for this is that I expect a bit more polished performance as it's a Shangri-la owned hotel and while I don't expect the bells and whistles, i certainly expected a polished service.

Check in was smooth but upon entering my room, I was shocked to see that it was STILL occupied. I profusely apologized to an old couple, showed them my room key just to show them I wasn't an intruder.

Back to front desk and was told that the computer says the room is empty hmm....So, I was given another key but this time it didn't work in the elevator.

Back to the front desk and finally got a room (3rd time lucky I guess).

...but it wasn't the end of my ordeal as a room attendant knocked on the door and insisted that she checked my mini bar. She said it was in case something was consumed by previous guest. I said why couldn't she check when the previous guest checked out or before I checked in?

Anyway, just think that a Shangri-la hotel should be better than what I experienced.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank weezkid
Dear Weezkid,

Thank you for selecting Traders Hotel for your stay while in Brisbane, and we appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback, your feedback assists in ensuring we can continue to improve and meet the high expectations of our guests. Traders Hotel is a 4 star hotel, and Shangri-La is a five star hotel therefore the service standards will be different.

Your feedback has been discussed with the appropriate Managers and further training will take place. I would like to confirm we are upgrading the key system in the hotel in the New Year.

Kind regards

Bruno Cristol
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

Stayed here for a Saturday night. The staff were efficient and helpful. The room and bathroom were a good size (better than some more expensive hotels we have stayed at in Brisbane). The room was clean and the domestic staff helpful and polite. Check in and out was painless and the staff were professional. It is centrally located, only a short walk to King George Square and Queen Street Mall. We were on the 17th floor and could hear the trains at night (but we did book a hotel above the transit center, so go figure :) ), but this did not detract from a pleasant stay.
No complaints, a good basic hotel.

Noumea, New Caledonia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Spent 6 days at the Traders BSB - QLD to attend a convention wich took place at the conference room located on 5th floor.

The rooms are cosy, modern and comfortable.
Free WIFI internet.
Good buffet breakfast

Very central location, a short stroll to the mall and walks along the riverbanks.

Trains and buses at the basement.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business