“Pure Comfort”

Ranked #35 of 159 Hotels in Brisbane
Karratha, Australia
“Pure Comfort”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Perfect for our business trip. Proximity to city & transit centre is excellent - easy connection to airport. Spacious room, tastefully decorated. Superb bedding - most comfortable pillows we have ever slept on. Gymnasium & spa were an extra bonus - love the balcony seating.

1 Thank Carole W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Dallas, Texas, Usa
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My sister and I visited and to our utter dismay found bed bugs in our room. Reported them to the front desk and were moved to a new room immediately but be wary, they were hiding in the headboard and hard to find. You are also located right next to the train station. I knew this when booking but the trains do seem to run at all hours so if this would bother your sleep probably not the best hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

2 Thank E S
TradersBrisbane, General Manager at Hotel Jen Brisbane By Shangri-La, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear E.S,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Traders Hotel Brisbane. I would like to extend my apologies for any disappointments you may have experienced during your stay. I wish to confirm all control measures are in place, and the current situation has been rectified.

I hope we can welcome you back to Traders Hotel in the future.

Kind regards

Bruno Cristol
Tin Can Bay, Australia
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Wonderful service from a modern, yet affordable luxurious hotel right in the centre of the city. Fantastic location that allowed us to get to where we needed quickly. Would totally recommend it and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Overall great hotel with free wifi short walk to the mall, casino and citycat.
The Mall is a good place to go for lunch and dinner. We went to Jojo's a few times as they had a good variety of different foods.

Sydney
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Staff and Rooms were nice upon entry. Overnight parking seemed expensive at $27 but worst of all is their location being right next the main train station. Cargo trains were still running until 1am and it felt like i was sleeping on the train. Not good if you've had a long day at work and an early start the next day.

2 Thank Van T
TradersBrisbane, General Manager at Hotel Jen Brisbane By Shangri-La, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear Van T,

Thank you for selecting Traders Hotel for your stay while in Brisbane, and we appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback.
Unfortunately the timings of the trains are out of our control, I would, however, like to confirm that we are currently in the process of upgrading the window seals and improving acoustics in the bedrooms which should reduce the noise caused by some train traffic. All the bedrooms have double glazing, as do most hotels.

CBD Parking Prices can range from $30 -$70 overnight, with some additional costs for valet parking. As the parking at Traders Hotel is outsourced to Secure Parking we have managed to agree on a generous discounted rate of $27 per night, with a very small increase to $29 as from September 2013, which is still a competitive rate.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Traders Hotel in the future.

Kind regards
Bruno Cristol
Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I needed convenience to Airtrain; Traders hotel is right next door to station. Pleasant reception, and I was allowed an early check-in. Also got help at reception with directions to restaurant area, which led to a wonderful afternoon with relatives on the river. Beautiful, tasteful room. Airtrain tickets can be bought at hotel. Good hotel value for the high quality.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

2 Thank Brisbanefan
Australia
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights and prior to arrival, I actually regretted booking here. I like the Shangri-la brand in Asia and think Traders is the step down from their premium hotels, so I really wasn't expecting the excellent service that you get with SL, and being refurbished and rebranded from Holiday Inn, I was expecting this experience to be poor. I was very wrong on all accounts and once we checked in, which was very efficient and pleasant, I was extremely happy with my stay.

Location is good and very convenient being in the Transit Centre. You can either go to the ground floor of the railway station, exit and walk a very short distance on the footpath to the hotel reception or, take the lift or escalator up to the 2nd floor, walk to the hotel lift, then go down to reception. Either way is ok depending whether you want to stay inside the transit centre or not.

All staff we encountered were extremely pleasant and efficient and all went that extra mile which is unusual. The concierge approached us and offered a lot of information on Brisbane itself, which we didn't actually need as we are very familiar with the city, however it was very professional and we certainly would have appreciated it if we had been first time visitors.

Location wise, I think it is good. Close to Queen Street Mall, a short walk over the river takes you to Southbank entertainment and restaurants and if you don't want to walk anywhere, you are located right in the transit centre for trains. Taxi rank also outside reception. Very convenient indeed.

We stayed in a standard room which had river views and our daughter was upgraded to an Executive suite which was huge.

We ate out each night at southbank so didn't try the hotel restaurant but the food looked good and reasonably priced. Try Ahmets Turkish restaurant at Southbank...great food and entertainment but I think you must prebook a table as it is always busy. We walked to and from southbank but you could catch the train or bus if you didn't want the exercise.

I would definitely return to Traders again. We are going to Brisbane again in a few weeks and now regrettably, I had prebooked another hotel which I like to frequent, and the tables are turned and I wish we were going to Traders instead.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family