“great location”

Hotel Jen Brisbane By Shangri-La
Ranked #33 of 159 Hotels in Brisbane
“great location”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

shares the same complex with roma street station , we booked through a website and they did not bother to tell us that the name had changed ! i spent 30 minutes looking for it whilst it was under my very nose so as to speak , this was a pain as we were knackered after our long haul flight , they did not have a baby bottle sterilizer nor did they offer to help despite my requests , perhaps not a baby friendly hotel , for my business needs it was perfect , the staff were polite , concierge service excellent and the rooms were nice , clean and spacious, the cost of making phone calls withing australia was atrocious, , I wouldnt mind returning though but wouldnt touch the phone or bring the baby along

2 Thank Mustangviper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Newcastle, UK
Reviewed August 29, 2012

This hotel was to serve as our base for our stay in Brisbane. We picked this hotel as it was centrally located and was practically joined to the Brisbane Transit Centre in Roma Street which houses a train station and bus terminal, both of which we were planning on using during our stay, as such, the location proved extremely useful! (Train station - we would use to get us back to Brisbane Airport and the bus terminal - we used for a couple of tours) the location proved extremely useful! As well as being our gateway to Australia, we chose Brisbane as we really wanted to visit Australia Zoo, which isnt that far from here and we used a tour that departed from the bus station next door.

This hotel was still the Holiday Inn Brisbane at the time of our visit, and our room was the usual standard type, as was the bathroom, it was quite large, clean, with a big comfortable bed and good views out over Brisbane. We checked in quite late but the reception staff were very friendly and got us sorted and to our room quickly. The breakfast was nice with lots to choose from (our first taste of vegemite) and we also ate in the hotel bar at night, that offered a decent selection of meals which we enjoyed.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wigler
Dee Why, Australia
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Being an "older" lone traveller and this being my first visit to Brisbane for many years I was very impressed by the help and friendliness of all staff including the check-in clerk who helped me with the use of the key card, the cleaner of my room who showed me how to use the various features, the girl in charge of the breakfast room who greeted me like an old friend although there must have been dozens of guests there at the time and the concierge who spent quite some time reconfirming my flight to Sydney. Having such a helpful staff makes all the difference to a comfortable stay.

My only disappointment was that, being a single traveller, I had to pay for a double room and would have liked to obtain a smaller less expensive one. If I had been able to get a cheaper room I could have stayed longer in Brisbane.

Room Tip: If obtaining a room on the north side make sure it is high enough to avoid the noise of trains. I h...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank marcelle n
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 26, 2012

stayed here for 3 nights recently, the room is of average size, certainly big enough for me with 2 twin beds. the toilet is also clean and nice. the location is strategic, next to the roma st station.
only gripe is that the ironing board in my room is faulty. a straightforward choice for most travellers who want to stay in a reasonably priced hotel in a good location and full amenities.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I have checked in the Hoilday Inn Brisbane, and come out Traders Hotel Brisbane, The new management gave the hotel a refreshing look. More flowers arrangements in the public areas. The staffs seemed to be more lively. A bonus point to note, they are offering FREE internet, which is something that most Australian Hotels is not offering. I will definitely go there to stay again on my next business trip there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Atticus75
San Jose, California
Reviewed August 18, 2012

[Weird - I went to review this as Holiday Inn and TripAdvisor didn't make it obvious the hotel had just changed its name. I hope people can find it who look it up via Holiday Inn.]
Nice, comfortable rooms - bright and cheerful, comfortable beds, bath and shower in bathrooms, great location to public transit, quick 10-15 minute walks to city Botanic Gardens, Queen St Mall, and QUT, as well as Queensland Police Service if your meetings take you there. Great breakfast buffet. Pretty limited menu for remainder of meals, and particularly so for vegetarians like myself. That was disappointing especially since I had to be there over a weekend and this part of the CBT is pretty quiet.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 16, 2012

- Perfectly located just minutes from the train station, cheaper and fastest way to reach the hotel from the airport
- When we arrive it was Holiday Inn and the next day it's Traders Hotel, wow!!!
- When we arrive the lobby looks dead but the following day, voila...nice flowers arrangement and also the new Management also re-dress the dead plants at the entrance of the hotel, good job guys
- In short, it's more lively now and enjoy my stay and nice room
- Also to mention, the shampoo in the toilet they change also to a better one than the Holiday Inn one, my hair smells GOOD.....I like it....
- Great assistance from the front office staff, when I ask my way around Brisbane
- They also tell me to buy the train ticket to airport from the hotel, it's cheaper than buying it from the train station itself, thank guys