“Anniversary Dinner” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Sydney
“Anniversary Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

We celebrated our 25th Wedding Anniversary on Saturday night at Lure.
EVERYTHING was amazing, the oysters, the mud crab , the wine and the staff - loved it and would go back in a hearts flutter.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“Degustation menu was fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Eating here was absolutely fabulous. Service was exceptional. We had the degustation menu and it was fantastic. We got a sour dough bread to add to it half way through as we weren't sure it would fill us enough as the portions are small but by the time we got to the petit fours at the end we were all pleasantly full, not overfull. Every meal we had was nice. The pork belly was my favorite and the white chocolate cheesecake. I would go back just to have the meal size portions of these meals. I definitely recommend dining here.
The toilets gave me a bit of a fright as its all glass doors and when you lock the door it turns frosted. I thought I was about to go to the bathroom in front of people haha

Brisbane, Australia
“Excellent Food & Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

We dined here with another couple on a quiet Wednesday night to celebrate birthdays. Service from Cameron is top notch, he really knows how to look after diners. Freshly baked bread was served, and we started with fresh and cooked coffin bay oysters, freshly peeled prawns and tempura prawns. All food was beautifully prepared. We then had bugs, salmon and line caught barra from the gulf...once again the detail and prep of these dishes was beautiful, and tasted excellent. We thought the serving size of the Barra was on the small size. Pannacotta and Rhubarb & Apple crumble were equally delicious. A new menu had just been launched on the day with a number of dishes that you really want to come back and try.

It was very quiet the night we were there, no one in the adjoining bar either, so did lack some atmosphere buzz...a very nice feel to the restaurant though. The prices are high, but the food is delicious so you don't really mind paying, especially for a special occasion.

The only problem I did have, is that when you are paying over $600 for 4 people (2 bottles of wine included) it is a bit rude that you are charged for a little extra butter that was requested for the bread, and a chopped chilli in soy sauce in a tiny bowl.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Melbourne, Australia
“Good food, excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

Dined here with my wife on a quite Tuesday night in winter on the recommendation of the concierge at the Sofitel hotel. On arriving we where immediately impressed with the waiter Cameron who was friendly, knowledgeable and a waiter in the true sense
I started with an entree of carpaccio, well presented and tasty but I thought very little for the price.

I followed that with a main of tempura prawns and this is the first non Japanese restaurant I have been to that actually knows what a tempura batter is, six beautiful fresh prawns. Delightful.
My wife chose the Barramundi that Cameron assured us were fresh and not farmed and he was right. Lovely taste and well presented.
This is a restaurant that I will definitely visit again.

• Visited July 2012
Brisbane, Australia
“As good as I had hoped.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 29, 2012

Ate here with friends on a Friday night. The food, service and prices were just as I had expected, excellent.

The only issues I had were the noise from the bar outside was slightly off-putting and not what I would have expected from such a place.

As a non-seafood eater, I would have liked to have seen 1 more non-seafood option on the entree menu. Only having 1 non-seafood option was a let down and I probably would have ordered an entree if there had have been more choice.

• Visited February 2012