“Good honest food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Marinara Cafe and Restaurant
Ranked #332 of 4,263 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Fully license
Brisbane, Australia
“Good honest food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

We went with a group of 20 the waiters catered very well for us and were accommodating. The restaurant was packed all night. Great food and really friendly service.

Downsides are the cost of corkage on BYO - $10 per bottle seemed a bit high
Some of the people I ate with commented that their food was swimming in sauce - they saw this as a downside however if you love sauce - you are in for a treat!

My dish (lasagne) was really good and full of flavour and home made!

Overall a great honest restaurant with a great friendly atmosphere.

Apparently the coffee is awesome too but I didn't fancy one!

• 4 of 5 bubbles

“Sometimes good sometimes awful”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Ive eaten here a number of times and your experience will depend on your waiter and who the cook is for the day/night. I've had some great service and lovely food. Other times I've been left waiting 50mins for a very average pizza and food so salty it's almost in edible. They charge $10 per bottle corkage, a bit rich if there's only one or two on the table drinking wine.

Brisbane, Australia
“Italy...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

This place reminded us of Italy from the tablecloths to the coffee. Great food, vibrant, engaged waiters. Took 3 generations, ate our way through 3 courses and coffee and we all loved it.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Not sure I had the best lasagne in Brisbane.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

We popped in mid week for a late lunch and were warmly welcomed even though it was 2.30pm. It's a quaint restaurant with an authentic Italian atmosphere. The service was very efficient and friendly. We ordered garlic bread which was delicious, I ordered the lasagne which the waiter informed me was the "the best in Brisbane" and my partner had chilli prawn pasta. The meal portions were generous and tasty however I was not convinced that the lasagne was that good, not bad just a bit bland. The prawn pasta was a bit lackluster as well but not bad. Currently it's BYO but I understand they have a applied for a liquor license.

Brisbane
“Great atmosphere and setting! Great food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

I've finally found a good authentic Italian restaurant! It was very busy on a Friday night we went, but this made the atmosphere more electric and fun! You feel like you're packed in a little bit, but who cares! This place is so cute, I love it! You must go! Food is absolutely amazing! Must get the garlic bread and the lasagne was the best I've ever had, even in Italy. I would recommend sitting outside.

• Visited January 2013