“Great location”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 2, 2013

The tapas idea is interesting for Italian food but makes things a little awkward when dining with an uneven number of people. However, each extra serve can be ordered at a price of course.

We were told the dishes would be served in stages which would have been ideal but they all arrived at once and immediately (i.e. within 5 minutes of ordering). But since they arrived together, it meant some dishes became cold and were unappealing (veal, for example). As well, with the veal, one of the pieces included a large bone with little meat and should not have been served.

The wait staff were ok and quite helpful but we got the feeling we weren't meant to linger but I have noticed this at other restaurants in this area - eat quick and be out in an hour. Not quite what you want when dining out - more of a canteen mentality. But the view was great - what we got to see of it in the short time we were there.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We ate here around dusk, and had booked tables right on the edge, so that we could face out and watch everyone walk past. There was a great view of the river and a grassy area, and the city. The tapas was nice, very filling!! The portion sides were good, though we ordered enough for at least two people. The service was a little slow, but not too bad.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

12 of our friends organised a wine luncheon. We were told $110 each for courses and matching wines. We got NO PASTA, NO PIZZA, HELLO ITALIAN! ALL tapas and NO dessert or wine!
I went up and asked for the group where is our dessert and matching wine? To be told we don't get dessert. We were given one type of Red wine the whole meal and limited white for a group of 12.
Then the Lady came up and said she wanted me to Leave! I did not swear or anything! The whole group was shocked. She then said she would call the police! I said what for ? Because I asked where was our dessert and matching wine. I said call the police, Did I swear or be verbally abusive? NO !!! I said call the police I have done nothing wrong and I told her I have One thousand friends on facebook and I will post never to come here.

I gave her my $110 dollars and walked out.

6  Thank Craig B
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We've visited the restaurant tonight and while the staff has been very attentive, and the starters were nice, the pizzas were not what we were expecting. We live in Europe and have travelled to Italy, so we know what pizza should taste like. It was like they had used low cost ingredients and my pizza was salty, salty, salty! dough wasn't great either, and as it was cooling down it became harder. Won't be visiting again unfortunately.

1  Thank Elenalikestravelling
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Went here with a group of friends on a Friday evening. We had the orechiette with rabbit; spaghetti with clams; beetrood salad; risotto and gnocchi. My rabbit was delicious, although somewhat on the heavy side. Great atmosphere on the river and service was prompt. A bit pricey too, but pretty much the same as what you'd pay at the other restaurants on that stretch. Good stuff for special occassions.