“5 Minute walk to France”
Review of Bistro Arlette - CLOSED

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Bistro Arlette . This has to be one of Brisbanes best restaurants. . When I am homesick for some great French food I am fortunate enough to walk around 5 minutes from my home and when I set foot inside the door of this beautifully decorated french restaurant , I feel I am in France. The management /owners also chef are so friendly. One is warmly greeted as they do in France.
The selection of food is fantastic. I love the escargot ,They are consistently good. Another favourite is the brains. The service is always good. The tables are always nicely set ,with white tablecloths,and tablesettings. The wine glasses are so nice ,Love the tall stems .A nice selection of wine awaits. Along with the art,there are many interesting pieces to admire. Both areas are a joy to sit in. Cherie is a wonderful host and is easy to see why this restaurant is such a hit. Be sure to book,as this popular restaurant is always busy. New Farm is blessed to have this special restaurant in its suburb.

1  Thank Diana M

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Great location, in the heart of New Farm.
Fabulous traditional French menu with amazing flavours.
The service is excellent and It is very romantic too.
Indoor and outdoor and lovely cosy atmosphere.
Loved the Pork Belly, The Duck is sensational too, and for dessert you cant go past the Creme Brulee. Devine.
Plus a nice simple wine menu or BYO also!
Fabulous find! Best French in Brisbane.

2  Thank KarinnaCraig
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I booked Bistro Arlette based on promising Trip Advisor Reviews. I certainly found the quality of the meals was very good and they were reasonably priced. The wine list was good value and it is worth noting they indicated a move from BYO to licensed was pending.
I was however disappointed in the decor (uncomfortable chairs/ unpleasantly loud fan) in the outside section of the Bistro where we were seated. I suggest trying for a booking in the main room as this looked far more appealing. We also found the service inconsistent during our evening as we often waited long periods for service.
A good three stars but not more on our visit.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Nice crisp Parisian style decor. The service is very attentive. The food is good, as is the ambience. Not quite as pricey as some similar establishments in Brisbane - particularly the wine list. They have a good deal on lunch - with a menu at a fixed price - brings back memories of lunching in France. Well worth a visit!

1  Thank penelopej
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Bistro Arlette was recommended to us and we were not disappointed, staff are very pleasant and attentive. The food is excellent, my Roasted belly of Pork, potato rosti and mustard sauce was the best I have had. Fantastic French food reasonably priced. A very pleasant evening. Highly recommend.

1  Thank CPA52