“Delicious Food, brilliant service, great prices”
Review of French Martini

French Martini
Ranked #165 of 5,116 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 20, 2012

A group of 9 celebrating a birthday. The restauarant itself is small and intimate with cosy French decor. Waiters were young and enthusiastic. Menu had a good range of entree and classic french mains. Cocktails were the go. Prices were very reasonable and the food was simply delicious and portions were just right - even for the men of the group. The lemon pie was too die for and served elegantly in champagne glasses. It was such a refreshing change from the new breed of restaurants that present you with a list of do's, don'ts forgetting who is the paying customer!! You can't go wrong for a casual lunch or a sophisticated night out.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

My first try at French Martini was very short. The staff saw us waiting but would not come to us so we decided to seat and soon after received a cold "It's booked. You can eat here but it's booked." Instead of finding two seats for us, they did it with another couple. Good bye then.
To give them a chance I went back another day at lunchtime, but again found the service quite cold. Last time for me.
Good mussels, bigger than in France so less mussels in the bowl. One extra piece of bread would be good to finish the sauce.

Reviewed May 6, 2012

We just happened upon the place on Saturday evening before theatre and what a wonderful surprise !! I lived in France for a few years and French Martini made me feel as if I were back in France. The food was good and I was pleased that the portion sizes were French rather than American. However, it was the servers who really made the evening delightful. They were friendly, helpful and funny. It was a pleasure to eat there.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

The waiting staff were very good but the food was a let down. The menu is far too small; just a couple more additions would be fine.
I decided on the "Express lunch" menu which was anything but express.
I chose the gazpacho soup (a Spanish dish I might add) but they had none available so I skipped having an entree.
For main course chicken chasseur. It is most definitely is not what I would call chicken chasseur although it tasted ok(ish). Grilled pieces of filleted chicken on a bed of aubergines & potatoes amongst other things, topped with a tiny amount of gluggy cream based mushroom sauce is just not how it should be done. Dessert was creme brûlée; a bit old and dry with a strong sweet sugar taste. Not very nice at all. It needed a good lift with a bit of vanilla pod (or essence if you want to make it cheaply) flavouring.
This place needs a chef that actually understands food and especially traditional French cuisine. It looked to me like it was made up as they went along. Not recommended.

Reviewed March 24, 2012

We had a bowl of mussels for 2 - half of them unopened and uncleaned - sea grass bears left on them an gunk on the shells.

We returned the meal and the waitress came back saying - .." It is normal not to clean mussels before cooking and that chef will recook the meal."
Unhappy with her reply we approached chef who snapped .. " what do you expect me to do, to clean mussels all day.."
When we asked to speak with the owner - we were not provided with any details. So hopefully owner may read these comments.
Not to mention that Passaladiere was a tiny piece on a crumbed bisuit base - nothing even close to an authentic recipe we expected to get.

We left with empty stomachs, and bitterly disappointed - DO NOT GO THERE!!!

1  Thank v1v1rld