“Exceptional Food”

Cruisers Cafe Bar and Grill
Ranked #395 of 4,731 Restaurants in Brisbane
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Family-owned and run, we're committed to upholding our reputation for great food, excellent value and genuinely friendly service. Offering casual dining in a relaxed alfresco setting, our diverse, modern, Australian menu caters for all tastes. Try a succulent char-grilled steak, a Mediterranean-inspired pasta and risotto dish, or sample one of our colourful salads. We offer a selection of light meals for the lighter appetite, plus a truly divine dessert assortment hand-made on the premises, including gluten-free options. We are fully licenced, with a great-value wine list and selection of wines by the glass. Whether it's a relaxing breakfast in the sun, casual midday meal, a special occasion or business meeting, or you just want to catch up with friends for coffee, Cruisers Café Bar and Grill is the perfect venue.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My partner and i and a friend from the UK decided to look for a nice restaurant for dinner and came across Cruisers, having read the reviews on this restaurant i too was a bit apprehensive BUT like all reviews i look at i take 90% of it as personal taste as unless you happen to be the worlds greatest food critic i find most people who do critics are either ordinary people or some one who thinks they know how to cook.

I decided to take a chance and well i can't fathom what a lot of the bad reviews were about i ordered the battered Prawns as an entrée and a the chicken bernaise my partner had the Duck pate and so did my friend and they ordered the fettuccine and the pork belly.
the staff were attentive to our needs and after taking orders the starters arrived in a timely fashion, to my surprise not only was it relatively quick but also it was HOT not like some restaurants where u go to and i have been to a few 5* restaurants in Brisbane and they could learn a thing about HOT food not warm.

The Manager Michael asked me if i liked Calamari and i said i am not a fan of it as it is usually like eating a rubber band, so he said i have cooked a little piece for you to try and see what you think well with a little trepidation i bit into this rubber band and to my shock and surprise it melted in my mouth there was no toughness in it at all, i bit into my battered Prawns expecting the usual toughness you get even in 5* places it has been a bit tough again this melted in my mouth they were succulent and were a delight to eat.

I asked my dining partners as to the quality of their starters and each one was very impressed with the pate saying it was one of the better pate's that they have eaten. The mains again arrived in a timely fashion, the chicken was succulent not tough dry the pork belly according to my partner melted in her mouth the crackling was even better than my Fathers and he was a Qualified Chef not a cook but a Chef who was Fellow of the Catering Institute of Australia, the friends fettuccine was excellent.

As for the position I have never been to this Portside precinct before but we did have a look around there were a Eagle boys pizza shop and numerous other Takeaways and a cinema and a IGA supermarket, it is a nice looking area yes there is the view of a car park and a road, but are you there to admire the view or enjoy the company of your friends or partner.
I have never reviewed a restaurant before purely because to me online reviews can and will be taken as granted, even Hotel reviews i really take with a grain of salt if i get there and yes it is as bad then that's my bad luck but from my experience 99% of bad reviews are from people who set their expectations far to high instead of going in an being honest and say wow that was ok it was not the best but hey we enjoyed ourselves, as for the reviewer who said they were asked to leave as other patrons were waiting and i am sure if they had said we are here for some breakfast as well then the Manager would not have been hovering as you said, I HAVE been asked in a 5* hotel to leave the breakfast as there were other Patrons waiting to be served, its a business not a charity so be considerate of your fellow Patrons as well it is called GOOD MANNERS. I asked if it was advisable to come for breakfast on a Saturday morning and the Manager suggested i come on a Sunday as Saturdays are known as cruise ship days and it would be very hectic or come for dinner Saturday night.

Would we come back Yes would we recommend it Yes that's why this review is here, and i am always available to be contacted and asked any question re this establishment

1  Thank slavetothis

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Hadn't been to this restaurant since it changed hands, but it was worth the wait. Close to the airport, so a great place to stop off after a long day on planes. We started with a battered prawn entree and the presentation was lovely. Very nice chilli plum sauce accompaniment. For mains I had the pork belly and hubby had salmon, both were well presented quality meals. We finished with a dessert to share! Reasonable price for good quality food and excellent service - only gripe I had was that the water could have been colder, but good to have our glasses topped often.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Location is one of the best and the food and service is superb. We have been frequenting this establishment and the Hosts certainly know their job! Do give it a try. Situated at Portside Wharf, where the Cruise Ships dock.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

This was our first visit to Cruisers and we loved it. It was chilly this morning but we had a sunny table and it was lovely. Our breakfasts were both very good and the coffee was the best we have had in a long time. The hostess was cheerful and friendly without being intrusive, and she made us feel like nothing was too much trouble. This will definitely be our new breakfast spot.

1  Thank Bill M
Reviewed May 19, 2012

Today we three visited this establishment for breakfast and coffee. My mother and auntie ordered our coffees whilst I parked the car. The coffees were delivered and were not luke warm but cold but we didn't complain and drank these. I finished my cold coffee within minutes and my cup was removed without a word. No excuse me or are you finished your coffee or would you like another coffee or anything else, he just reached in front of my chest and grabbed my cup. My companions then finished their last mouthful and again experienced the same grabbing by the man hovering over us, whom then proceeded to tell us that they would probably need our table so we would have to leave. I was gobsmacked as we had only been there for 10 minutes and we hadn't as yet ordered our breakfast. I advised the surly faced man that we had only been there 10 minutes and we hadn't had our breakfast as yet and that I felt he was exceptionally rude. He took exception to my feedback and told me that he was the "MANAGER" and it was his restaurant and that we had to leave his restaurant immediately.
We did leave and even though this cafe is one of our local cafes we will NEVER be back as there are sooooooo many great cafes around this area, so as "customers" we can CHOOSE whom to support with our patronage and whom not to.

4  Thank Doug T
Diana M, Owner at Cruisers Cafe Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

We are very sorry that we did not look after you very well on this morning. Cruise ship mornings are extremely busy and chaotic and we try to look after as many people as possible. We work very hard to achieve a very delicate balance - between looking after our customers sitting at our tables, and making sure tables are available for the next customers who would like to come in and sit down.
Most of the time we get it right but clearly we failed on this morning, and for that we are genuinely sorry. We hope you will come back and give us another chance - please bring your mum and auntie in, have a coffee on us and we will show you how well we usually look after our customers.
Kind Regards