“Pleasant enough”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We went on a Sunday morning with Cudo vouchers. For what we paid it was excellent value but service was extremely slow - people who came after us were served well before us. I'm not sure if they intentionally leave people with vouchers waiting or if it was an oversight. I had the so-called 'Big Breakfast' and it was the smallest cooked breakfast I have ever seen. In fact it was fine for me but it was half the size of a cooked breakfast anywhere else and if I had paid $18 for that I would have felt cheated. And the poached eggs were cold. Again, I don't know if the small serves were for people with vouchers but all the tables around were getting the same small plates so either that's the normal serving size or everyone had vouchers. A nice touch is that many of the serving staff are Italian. It was okay but I won't be rushing back there.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

We used the lunchtime scoopon deal and we were delighted with both the service and food, sometimes being on a deal things are a little more relaxed or only offered basics. Had 2 choices for entrée - we chose the Bruschetta and we were served 2 extra large pieces which were scrumptious. We then shared a seafood linguine and a Salmon, Spinach and Goats cheese pizza, we asked for pancetta to be added to the pizza and even though it said $2 extra we were not charged. I have been to Italy a couple of times and the pizza base was to rival the best I've had there, so light and crispy. The seafood pasta had plenty in it and was not overly oily and again serving size was quite large. Presentation and serving plates were a delight on the eyes. Our deal came with a glass of wine and when we asked for the menu noted that we were given an upmarket glass rather than the most basic which l thought was a wonderful little extra, we then chose that again. The restaurant was not overly busy which meant the staff (numerous) were very attentive, professional and well mannered. Lovely décor with plenty of beautiful pictures and scenery on show so all seats are either looking out onto the street or the wonderful artwork. Can't wait to return and try some of the other menu items - the Arcana balls and other pasta dishes that we seen being served looked absolutely stunning. Thanks - we will be back.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

We went here for dinner with a party of 10 (+1 child). Our Bartender (or Barista) was Silvio and I must say that he looked after us all night and went over and above for our party. The little girl that was with us was given things to colour in, and Silvio made her a special strawberry drink. She loved it. The service was outstanding from all the staff, most of whom are Italian. It is really refreshing to see an Italian restaurant with Italian staff and many Italian customers. We knew we were onto a good thing here.
The food was absolutely awesome. I had scallops with pancetta for entree and the lobster tail risotto for mains and they were some of the best meals I've eaten. My phone battery was dead or I would have taken a photo of the food, it was so well presented.
When Silvio found out that we had no cake for the Birthday Girl, he quickly organised a delicious chocolate cake with cream and a candle, and sang "Happy Birthday". What a treat!
This is a restaurant that I will travel from the Northside of Brisbane to come to Bulimba again for the fantastic food and service. Highly recommended.

2  Thank monniemonster1964
Reviewed May 19, 2014

This was about my tenth visit to this restaurant: sometimes the food is very good, other times quite average, so I've concluded, correctly or otherwise, it depends on the chef, attentiveness and care of the kitchen staff to detail on that particular day..... and, of course, the restaurant manager.
Overall, staff is attentive and the menu is extensive. I've been here for breakfast and lunch. This time is was breakfast. There is quite a reasonable range of dishes and, it seemed, this time, the menu had additional items. Other friends have been there and given quite good reports. I've experienced soggy risotto, which leads me to believe the food standard could be given closer attention. At other times, the risotto has been absolutely superb.
The fact that I'm going to Oxford St itself is for other activities later in the day. Choosing this restaurant and what keeps me coming back is, in part, due to the politeness and attentiveness of staff, the reasonable price and range of menu offerings. . The restaurant does not skimp on the quantity: I have never left there hungry.
The atmosphere has a buzz of patrons happy to be there. I have never had to sit around waiting for a lengthy period for orders to be taken, or a polite query if all is satisfactory with the meal. Nor have I had to wait for an inordinate time to be asked if further coffee/tea is required. I consider these big plusses and the coffee is good. Of course, I like Italian food.
No surprise that I will return... Three and a half stars....

1  Thank caran275
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Had some scoopons for the breakfast deal which we used on a Saturday morning. Seated straight away and service was prompt. Choice of Eggs Benedict or the Big Breakfast. I had the eggs benny and my partner had the big breakfast. Decent size portions on both, definitely not hungry when we left. Half decent coffee too.

1  Thank LilithMorgan13