“Excellent Food and Wine, Great Place!”

Port Office Dining Room
Ranked #43 of 4,932 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Gastropub, Wine Bar
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: The recently refurbished Port Office Dining Room is open for lunch and dinner, Monday to Saturday from 11.30am till late. The menu showcases a refreshing modern take on Australian gastro-pub food featuring fresh seasonal produce supporting Australian farmers with subtle European and Scottish influences.
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Dined here with an old school friend for the first time, it was my last night in Brisbane before heading off to Phuket. Wasn't sure what to expect but the experience was excellent. Arrived at 7.30pm and sat at a busy, smart bar drinking and perusing the menu and wine list. Place was buzzing with atmosphere and staff were excellent, very courteous and obliging. Ordered rib eye fillet steak as a main with pate to start, my friend had Wagyu (his first time) and an unusual but delicious Bruschetta starter. Wine: we ordered a good Petaluma sauvignon blanc to start and an old vines Grenache from Pirramima, one I'd had in the UK previously but is now unavailable. Both wines were excellent, great temperature and perfect accompaniments. The food was cooked to perfection and my friends wagyu was sublime. My grass fed fillet was almost as good but still excellent. I think we finally left the restaurant around 11pm having had a fabulous night. I would say the service, given how packed the restaurant was, quite outstanding. Great effort.

1  Thank baconovich

Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

I recently had lunch here on my own and had an excellent salad. Service was quick and friendly. Being a late lunch the restaurant was quiet.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I have been visiting this restaurant for quite some time now and happy to report it is still maintaining its high standards.

On this visit I sampled their organic sourdough bread. It did come with an olive vinaigrette condiment but boy the bread itself was delicious. I really enjoyed it plain whilst savouring the full grain flavours.

Next on the course was the wagyu sirloin, and this kicked things up a notch. The sirloin had a good marble content and nicely melted in my mouth. It offered a fantastic natural meaty taste. I didn’t need the jus really as the sirloin itself was so well prepared but I tried a bit of the jus and as expected it did not fail me. It tasted like it had some port or sherry type alcohol reduced with something acidic and balanced perfectly. The goat cheese salad really complimented the sirloin well.

For desert I could not go by these generous proportioned pavlovas. Love it! I couldn’t remember the last time a quality restaurant offered an apparent in-house pavlova. It was like fireworks to my evening. The pavlova really appealed to my palette, it was not too sweet at all and the matching of the subtle sourness in the lemon curd and the ice cream… well it was delish!

Highly recommend this restaurant, for obviously the food but not to mention a dark intimate setting with good service.

1  Thank TIersHasie
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We found this restaurant from other reviews on Tripadvisor and we're not disappointed. Marco the maître de was superb and the food was also wonderful. I can highly recommend it for a friendly, easy place to enjoy. Service was good, but not silver service. Great place to go with friends or work colleagues.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

The food was delicious and the service was friendly and. Prompt without being too intrusive. It was a little bit expensive, however ($174 for two including wine and G & Ts).