“Restaurant in a pub”

Ranked #35 of 4,819 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Gastropub, Wine Bar
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Port Office Dining Room (formerly Fix Restaurant) is now open for lunch and dinner, Monday to Saturday from 11.30am till late. Under the tutelage of Executive Chef Graham Waddell the menu is a modern take on Australian gastro-pub food with subtle European and Scottish influences - a reflection of his heritage.
Reviewed July 14, 2013

From the outside it looks Ike normal restaurant entrance. Little did I know that it's a combination of a pub and restaurant. The pub nearest to the entrance was crowded when I was there that I had to ask where the restaurant was. Ambience wise the restaurant was like that of a pub - crowded and noisy. Tables were pretty close and near to one another. Don't expect a romantic and intimate surrounding. I ordered bruschetta with ox tongue as a starter. It sounded esoteric but it did not taste anything else except delicious! For the mains I had pasta with seafood in creamy sauce. It's not really outstanding. However,the service quality rendered by the wait staff was commendable.

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

How good it is to be greeted and looked after by staff who deal with you on a personal level and genuinely appear to enjoy their job. Sarting with best duck liver pate I have ever had, followed by a great steak with a salad that was so fresh it appeared to have been made minutes before it hit the plate and finally a tasty apple and rhubarb crumble. An extensive and interesting wine list that made for good reading and varied selection this restaurant made our tenth wedding anniversary a night to remember. Good go see a place that goes to a lot of trouble to get things right.

Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I visited the restaurant for our wedding anniversary dinner and we were absolutely delighted with every aspect. Service was quick, friendly and professional; food of very high quality and reasonably priced; lovely atmosphere; easy to get to if you're staying in the city.

We can highly recommend the smoked squid and pork belly entrees, and I'd step over my own mother for the Moreton Bay Bug pasta again. Steak was perfectly cooked, tender and full of flavour. We didn't have room for dessert unfortunately!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

We popped in to watch sport on the pub TV, then thought we'd try the restaurant - very glad that we did. The welcoming staff make you feel good straight away - top marks for service throughout the meal too. Our food was well prepared and delicious, the only gripe was the quality of the lamb, it wasn't quite good enough. Excellent wines available - will book here on our next trip to Brisbane.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Although attached to the Post Office Hotel, this restaurant stands alone and above what is normally a pub restaurant. We have been for lunch on a few occasions - both for business and pleasure and have always found that the service is excellent and the food great. They have a limited cellar but quite sufficient to chose a good wine. The menu is varied and enough choice so that even on repeat visits there is something new to try.