“Excellent !”

Port Office Dining Room
Ranked #38 of 4,314 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Wine Bar, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Port Office Dining Room (formerly Fix Restaurant) is now open for lunch and dinner, Monday to Saturday from 11.30am till late. Under the tutelage of Executive Chef Graham Waddell the menu is a modern take on Australian gastro-pub food with subtle European and Scottish influences - a reflection of his heritage.
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Excellent !”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

The food was excellent. I had the special of the day (a snapper with vegies) and that was fantastic. I asked them to match the wine with the fish and their choice was great. So yes the service is excellent, and fast. At least you won't wait for ages to get your meal, as it is usually the case in Australia. Good wine list as well. The banana fritters at the end are simply yummy. I reckon you should try the desert wine to go with.
You also eat for your money.
The only cons is that the kitchen is closing at 9pm on weekdays.... but that's it.

• Visited July 2012

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great food, nice atmosphere, wonderful service”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

This was the best dinner I had in Brisbane, on my last visit. I was looking for a steak place and I found it. Restaurant was busy, but they I got a table really quick. Despite the prices (normal for Australia, but pricey for others), the steak was good and the service was excellent. I even caught the waiter in a geography quiz where he got 12 out of 10 :) I greatly reccomend the place for a nice meal and a good glass of wine. And if you get the same waiter - he was born in the only portughese speaking country in South America ;) - enjoy your time there.

“Superb "Pub" grub”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Fix Restaurant is at the Port Office Hotel. The restaurant is separated from the bar by a glass wall - so great for people watching. The food was superb - some of the best I have had in a long time and I eat out a LOT! The service was impecable by our french waiter. We were actually on a voucher but not once treated like a "voucher customer". We had a limited menu to chose from, with three choices for entree, main and desert and were not disappointed. The pork belly entree is the best I have eaten and I could have had twice as much. For main my husband had the 400g T-Bone and could barely finish it - his only complaint he would have liked a few hand cut french fries with it, as it only had a few vegetables. I had the moreton bay bug fettucine and it was divine - full of bug meat (I was surprised how much) and simply perfect. Desert was chocolate fondant for him (delish) and Creme Brulee for me - again the best I have ever eated. So I left a very full and very happy girl.
We loved it so much we will return and indeed plan to take our international business visitors there as it was so good. Highly recommended!

Visited May 2012
“Awesome”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

We ate here for an anniversary, and the food was spectacular. My wife had the Moreton Bay Bug Pasta which was bursting with bugmeat and flavour, and I have their signature steak, whcih was cooked to absolute perfection, with a sauce to die for.

Visited April 2012
“Great food”
Reviewed April 13, 2012 via mobile

Used a voucher for a set menu so we weren't expecting a lot, boy were we wrong! The food was wonderful, and service was great. A little noisy but well worth the visit. We will be back. YUM