“Worth a visit”

Ranked #281 of 4,661 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Australian, Gastropub
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: What was once a rowdy sailor's drinking den has been transformed into a civilised Gastro Pub complete with a separate and impressive function and convention facility catering for up to 200 guests. This iconic South Bank Hotel, constructed in 1864, has developed a reputation as a lamblover's paradise and boasts a classic pub style menu sitting beside our more accomplished dishes. The Ship Inn is proud to have a strong commitment to sustainability. Drop by some time and see for yourself what it is we do.
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Set back a little on the Southbank, this place has a good atmosphere, friendly staff and great food. The seafood bouillabaise is very tasty but not what you would expect - more of a soup than a stew. Desserts delicious.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

We dined here early on a Saturday evening, not having read any reviews or knowing about the place. It was a lot busier than I thought it would have been for 5pm. Wait staff were attentive and friendly, the restaurant was a good size and they didn't try and cram you in like they do in so many other restaurants at Southbank. My only complaint is that the food took a little longer to come out than we were expecting, but it was all very tasty. There were so many items on the menu that I wanted to try. Would return again and recommend to others.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We enjoyed our night at The Ship Inn so much that we came back the following night!! The best salmon pasta I have ever had!! The service was amazing - our waiter was so professional but so much fun! I am a Chardonnay drinker and had the best Chardonnay of our trip to Oz at this Cafe. Lovely to sit outside in such balmy weather and enjoy great food.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Loved the food especially the lamb, and the food arrived quickly even though it was busy. The staff were efficient and friendly.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

My wife and I decided to check out the food and service at the Ship Inn in anticipation of later booking for a group of about 16 diners, 1 month later.

Sorry, that booking will not be made.

My wife ordered the Philadelphia Chicken "stuffed with garlic, cream cheese and parsley". In fact, it was stuffed with nothing. Bland chicken. My main was the Seafood Bouillabaisse. OK, but worth $32?

We were not asked at all if we would like a second glass of wine, or a coffee; and my wife's Crème Brulee was ordinary, which was disappointing after waiting 30 minutes including a reminder.

So, if that was our experience, how would the Ship Inn cope with a group of 16. We decided not to take the chance.