“Hidden away”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Siam South Bank

Siam South Bank
Reserve with
Siam South Bank is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #75 of 4,299 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Dining on a budget, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Hidden away”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Everyone heads to the crowded parts of South Bank and so they miss out on this hidden gem which is bit tucked away. However, it is one of the very few outdoor area restaurants that doesn't back on to a road.
The food was very tasty, reasonable sized serves and a big vegetarian selection. Reasonable service and a relatively low price leave for a great night out!

• Visited September 2013

“Great Food & Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

We both have wonderful meals. Roti bread was the freshest we've ever had anywhere. Chicken spring rolls were very nice for entree. We got a free dessert to sample that they are bringing out soon - do try the white chocolate mousse with coconut dessert when it's available!

• Visited September 2013
“Thai with a twist”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

Enjoyed an amazing lunch in this little gem recently. It was a perfect winter's day so we opted for an outside table on the terrace overlooking the beautiful Southbank parklands and it was perfect.
We were greeted as soon as we arrived and the faultless service continued for our entire visit. The most difficult choice was what to eat as everything on the menu appealed. However we decided to share a roti with peanut sauce as an entree. The sauce was the perfect texture with a definite chilli kick...perhaps too hot for those who are sensitive to chilli. This was followed by a Papaya Salad with pork, perfectly balanced fresh flavours. TheTamarind Duck was equally delicious with just enough tamarind flavour so as not to overpower the delicate duck flavour. The presentation of all the dishes was outstanding. I will definitely be returning soon.

• Visited August 2013
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Friendly Service, Average Flavor”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stumbled upon Siam while walking around South Bank with a mate. And given my constant craving for a delicious and spicy tom yum while in Brisbane, I dragged my mate there so that I could sample their soup to see if it's any good.

Since it was lunch time, we were given the lunch specials menu but I enquired if I could still order from their a la carte menu and was told yes nicely by the lady (I think she's the owner) :)

I ordered a prawn tom yum while my mate ordered the chicken satay. My prawn tom yum was alright but lack of flavor. When asked about the chicken satay he's having, my mate told me he had better.

Whilst the restaurant has a nice setting and provides friendly service, the two items we tried could be improved further.

This restaurant is close to a small playground. It will probably come in handy if you're bringing kids along :)

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank ohsillymNg
Brisbane, Australia
“This restaurant make me love Thai food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

The presentation of the food, the service and taste - complete pakage. I keep on going back for more.
I would definetely recomend this to anyone with a taste for good food

• Visited June 2013