“Expected more”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 22, 2017 via mobile

I liked the server, she was adorable and full of fun energy. Food was decent but I found this restaurant when I was in the US and I set my hope really high & maybe that was the issue. I enjoyed my visit but wasn't blown away. I would go back but wouldn't give it a 5.

HiroGyoza, Manager at Harajuku Gyoza Fortitude Valley, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2017

Hello! Thank you for your honest review. It is great to know that our staff were energetic and fun. We are sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations but will take your feedback on board to do better in the future. Finally, when you mentioned that you found us in the US, do you mean America? We do not have any Harajuku Gyoza's outside of Australia you see :).

Reviewed May 19, 2017 via mobile

My son and I had lunch at Harajuku Gyoza recently.
We really liked the busy atmosphere, the wait staff were friendly, service was efficient and the food was very tasty. Good portion sizes too.
Besides the Pork Gyoza and Chicken Karaage,, I am really pleased we tried the Pork Belly Open Gyoza. Delicious!
You will need to ask for entrees/starters to be brought out first, before the mains, otherwise all dishes are brought out at the same time.
The restaurant is licensed.
We will certainly return. Thank you.

HiroGyoza, Manager at Harajuku Gyoza Fortitude Valley, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2017

Arigatou gozaimasu Laurie san. We love to make our customer happy with yum and fun food. We will see your happy face again soon :).

Reviewed May 17, 2017

Thank goodness the crazy long queues have now disappeared, and it's much easier to get a table. We were a walk-in table of 8 for a mid-week dinner, and enjoyed quick and efficient service, delicious food, and will definitely be back for more.

Arigatou Gozaimasu Deanne san! Happy belly = happy customer :). Thank you for your awesome and honest review! We hope to see your happy face again soon.

Reviewed April 1, 2017 via mobile

The food is a 5 bit it is so noisy that I dropped the rating. We could barely hear each other speak.
We had pork gyoza, lemongrass chicken gyoza, and bacon and cheese gyoza. They were all very good although I could not taste the cheese. The kaarage chicken was delicious. I wish I was able to try a dessert gyoza ....... maybe next time.

HiroGyoza, Manager at Harajuku Gyoza Fortitude Valley, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2017

Hello hello Christine san. We are happy our yum food got an awesome five stars. This makes us happy. Thank you for the feedback on the noise we will look into this. We would also recommend you try the Nutella gyoza next time. It is very popular and yum.

Reviewed March 23, 2017

Harajuku Gyoza in Brisbane is such a great concept restaurant!

The gyozas were delicious and the atmosphere very lively and fun.

It felt very authentic - the staff are all Japanese and the food is cooked in front of customers giving a street food experience.

The decor of the restaurant is funky but stylish. The staff extremely efficient and they entertain the diners by shouting Japanese exclamations around the restaurant.

Very cool place!

HiroGyoza, Manager at Harajuku Gyoza Fortitude Valley, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2017

WOW! Five stars. This gives us our happy face.