“Horrible and overpriced rubbish.”
Review of Made In Africa

Made In Africa
Ranked #1,799 of 4,687 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: google made in africa brisbane
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We love trying different cuisines but if this is ethiopian then avoid the country.Food was basically stew in sour bread pancake. And service, we waited 45 mins for our meal and we were the only customers.

3  Thank caf

Reviewed August 18, 2012

We like branching out and trying new cuisines, and had never tried anything from Africa before - lucky for us, there are some Ethiopian restaurants in Moorooka! It was very quiet - although I expect not many people know about this place as it is tucked away in an arcade.
We tried some of the spicy meat dishes which is served on top of a sour bread pancake which you tear off pieces and scoop up the food with. It is definitely not like anything we had eaten before, and it was quite tasty. If you are looking for a new cuisine to try, definitely come here for something tasty and a bit different!

Reviewed June 27, 2012

This is not the first time we've dined at Made in Africa however the first for many of our guests. We had a wonderful evening and the food was once again delicious. We had the vegetarian combination as well as the Yefeseg Beya-aynetu and we were so impressed. My personal favorite was the Gomen Wot, first time I tried this one. I normally have Doro Wot and Shiro Wot. The injera was divine and our friends were totally captivated by the Ethiopian experience. Tesefey and his staff were lovely and extremely accommodating. I will definitely be returning! Our children had the Kids Tibes with rice and each child enjoyed their dish as well as eating some of our injera. We completed the night with some freshly ground and made coffee.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

The changing face of Brisbane ! Moorooka, was just another Ho Hum suburb until the Africans arrived and changed the place slowly but surely. The place has a hum, a buzz, and there is lots of colour there too.

Anzac day I was looking for something hot and spicy and found it in " Made in Africa " an Ethiopian styled restaurant in Moorooka. The site is set back off the road, in an arcade of shops, right at the back is this jewel of a place.

You will find " Made in Africa " at the end of the arcade, with posters of its food, ecellent reveiws and wonderful smells and aromas greet you as you get closer to their front door.

I entered and got a seat at a small table, picked up the menu and started to work my way through it. Mostly Beef and lamb dishes, as well as vegetarian. I was approached by a pleasant Indian lady and ordered a tasing dish of three of their best sellers.

I ended up with Keye Wot, Beef simmered in a red pepper sauce, with garlic and Cardomon. the beef was moist, tender and very tasty, There was Tibes Wot, there is a choice of lamb or Beef, I had the lamb. It was also moist and tasty, This was served with green peppers, Rosemary and Onions.

Kitfo which was the minced Beef, did not look very special, just like mince that mum makes, Oh but the flavours, I had a party in my mouth for the next half hour. The Tasting dish was also served on Ethiopian Pancakes, which were rather like a sour doughed bread, except they were tart, almost as if the batter mix had vinegar in it, According to my Indian Lady, it was Sorgum, not vinegar which transmitted the sour taste..... which I might add was the exact foil needed to counter the spicyness of the food and any of the fattyness of the meat. Delicious.

The whole dish was $ 15.00 and value for money, I finished the meal with a Flat white as is my habit, but was a little dissapointed with the froth on the top of the coffee. I then espied the traditional coffee served rather like the Turkish coffee. I re ordered one of these and was a little dissapointed with the lack of punch with the coffee, but thats my taste and after all its just a small point, relating to my personal preference.

The smells, aromas, the ambiance, and the entertainment were 10 / 10 the large screen TV showed African singers from all over and was a delight to watch as i partied with my food.

Will I go back again,,,,, yes yes yes. perhaps tomorrow or next week !

2  Thank Ashley K