“Fab food, fun staff, moderate prices”
Review of Ole

Ole
Ranked #44 of 4,635 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This restaurant, located at Brisbane's Southbank presinct is a great way to spend an afternoon or evening. The Sangria is yummy, albeit not particularly cheap but the food...it is particularly good from the tapas to the paella. The scallops on the pork and paprika sausage is seriously good and the calamari and whitebait with aioli is one I continue to have even though there are heaps of other delicious tapas. Try Ole if you are on the vicinity. It is well worth it.

There are newer reviews for Ole

Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

I visited this restaurant on a Sunday afternoon. I was early (5 p.m,) and the restaurant was empty, but by 5.30 the place had filled up nicely. Food is Spanish but with an Australian twist - tapas of local scallops with sobrasada. The menu has a good selection of tapas and raciones - I also tried beef cheek cooked slowly in Pedro Ximinez. It was good. The restaurant also serves a number of wines and sherries by the glass. On the evening that I ate in the restaurant there was live music - 2 guys playing Spanish Guitar. A very relaxing experience overall - until the thunderstorm came, but that is another story

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Been here a couple of times when in Brissie and always had a good experience.
This tim it was the afternoon of riverfire and we ended up sat here for a good few hours grazing the menu and enjoying the company. You take a chance of who will get sat by you if you sit at the benches but always had a good chat so far.
Food is generally good and the staff always cheerful and efficient, even when the place is packed.
I am told that they do not take bookings so at weekends be prepared to queue.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I went to Ol this week with a group of work mates in town for a conference. The setting is great with an outlook over parklands and it has a very chilled out atmosphere. We found it odd you couldn't book a table as we had a few customers with us so it would have been a bit of a disaster if we turned up later or on a friday/saturday night. Luckily we were early but you take your chances ( personally I hate places that don't allow bookings...it's too much of a lottery and a trend that suits the restaurant not the customer).
The tapas were average but the paella ( we had the seafood ) was up there with some of the best I have had...and I have travelled to spain a few times.
The service is a bit flakey but go..have a paella to share and a bottle of victorian pinot noir and you will have a good night....

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We decided to continue channelling Spain after visiting the Prado Exhibition and have a leisurely Saturday afternoon lunch here.
This place is always busy but the service is prompt and dishes come out in good time. We kicked off with a jug of Sangria ($32) which was very refreshing and plenty for two people. I know tapas is meant for sharing but but I cannot share the white anchovies on toast with blue cheese and fresh mint leaves. This is divine, a personal favourite and we had one each. We shared tortilla and an octopus/chorizo dish; these were good but not as substantial as my favourite. (all around $9 each). On previous visits we have had the beef cheeks in Pedro Ximenez - this is very succulent.
To wrap we had a dessert each, creme catalan and Pedro Ximenez ice cream on figs with toffeed pistachios. The latter was very sweet and would be better for sharing.
Its not cheap but the food is tasty, service good and the outdoor setting overlooking the park is perfect on a warm day.