“Best coffee in Brisbane!”
Review of Foxy Bean

Foxy Bean
Ranked #134 of 4,892 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Cafe, Restaurant & Bar close to Brisbane city. Seating for 100+. The covered courtyard area is ideal for functions. Live music at weekends. Located meters from The Gabba Cricket Ground makes Foxy Bean a great place to meet before and after a match. Fully licensed with a great wine list, craft beer on tap and cocktails. We offer fresh food in a welcoming and comfortable environment, with a great atmosphere. Allow our friendly staff to look after you.
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

I've been going for coffee at Foxy Bean for the last 3 years or so. I come here at least 3 times a week for coffee and brekky. I have never been disappointed with anything except that my favorite barista, Nancy has been working less in the last few months. She makes the best coffee with the cutest smile and fantastic service all together. I will continue to appreciate this sensational hidden gem in the heart if east Brisbane. My favorite thing to get is Nancy's double shot Piccolo to go. I would encourage everyone to try this place out. :-)

1  Thank DonRobinson

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Having driven past this place daily on my way to work, I was surprised when a colleague suggested it as a venue for a night out. It looks like a small cafe from the outside, but is always popular. I was amazed when I ventured in, its almost like an Aladdin's cave, as it is much bigger than you would think, and even has a large courtyard out the back. At night it is filled with fairy lights and looks great.
Now onto the food and drinks- pretty good wine list, fairly pricey for bottles (around $45) but had cider (Montieths) on tap, which made me happy! We had lots of the tapas plates to share, and all 20 of us were impressed by the selection and tastes. In particular, the potatas bravas, ribs, croquettes were all delicious. There was live music too, so it made for a memorable night and I would definitely recommend.

1  Thank GayleJP
Reviewed May 31, 2013

My partner had told me about Foxy Bean Cafe, saying that he had been there a few times to grab a quick bite and a coffee during the day and he had said that he liked it. A few months later, our friends suggested that we go there for a tapas-style dinner. Initially I didn't think dinner would be very good as I had the preconceived notion that it was "just a cafe". However, I was pleasantly surprised by the friendly service and frankly, amazing food! So full after dinner and delightfully so!

We had the cheese platter which was awesome - it just had the right balance and I couldn't help going back for more! We also had the scallops, king prawns, mussels, hot ribs (AMAZING), lamb empanadas (OK) and hot chips. We got seconds of the king prawns and the hot ribs, they were so good! I didn't order any dessert because nothing really grabbed my fancy. My friend ordered the Foxy Mess which I tried and didn't like.. Don't know about the other 2 desserts but maybe this is the only area where I would suggest an improvement.

Overall, was super happy and enjoyed the night and the food, just writing this makes me want to go back there again! The ambience was also very cosy and there was a live band in the other room, really funky. I haven't been there during the day for lunch or breakfast so I can't comment on that but if dinner was anything to go by, I'm sure it will be great!

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Went for wine and tapas on a Thursday night. Its a very cool little bar, excellent for a date! Loved the decor and the tapas were really really good. We didn't arrive till just after 9pm so very happy to see a kitchen still open, quite a rarity in Brisabane! Definitely looking forward to going back for a Friday or Saturday night when they have live music.

Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Amazing atmosphere,nice quirky decor, friendly attentive staff, nice food, great coffee! Annoys me that its taken us so long to visit Foxy Bean. Parking may be a bit tricky when traffic is heavy but there is side street parking. Do yourself a huge favour & go enjoy this wonderful establishment.