“Best Japanese”

Ranked #9 of 4,659 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Closed for Renovation Sono Brisbane City is temporarily closed while we build our exciting new high-end CBD restaurant, due to open mid-2018.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Absolutely fabulous food,but a little pricey.service, food,wine,nothing could be faulted at this classy restaurant

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Food was nice. Not the best Japanese food I've ever had but it was nice and the restaurant had a very Japanese feel to it. I would recommend it for a nice dinner out with friends. The location is central and the menu is extensive.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

3rd time at sono this time.. the food is always great! had a sake (sarki) tasting of 3 different sake's.. omg never again im sure that is how they are supposed to taste but jesus i dont know how they drink that stuff.. atmosphere is always great also, pricing is always going to be up there which is a bit of a bummer that i cant justify going there more often. recommend the soft shell crab, barramundi, and the gyoza are great

Reviewed October 28, 2012

My partner and I came here with another couple because it was a birthday and the birthday girl wanted japanese!! The food was amazing, the service was fantastic ... Absolutely loved the seating. The problem was that the portion sizes were tiny for the price that we were paying. The bill for 4 of us was just under $300 and we left feeling like we could eat more.

Loved it the place but probably won't go back because of the price tag!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I have always been a fan of Teppanyaki so when my small town mum came to visit I knew she would be impressed.
We got the second smallest banquet and the show they put on was great. Also by the end we were so full we were glad we didnt go for one of the bigger ones which we were considering.
It isnt cheap but well worth the money.

1  Thank ezza444