“Authentic Vietnamese Food in NW Brisbane”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Vietnamese Avachat Cafe
Ranked #3,050 of 4,632 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed July 9, 2014

It's hard to find authentic Vietnamese food in Brisbane and darn near impossible in Brisbane's northern suburbs. So imagine our delight when we found this little gem in Mitchelton's Blackwood St restaurant strip just across the road from Mitchelton Train station.

S small restaurant, no more than a dozen tables but always busy. They serve two types of pho -both are good, great wrap your own rice paper rolls and the daily specials are always worth a try.

Open evenings only and Saturday lunchtime.

There are newer reviews for Vietnamese Avachat Cafe

Reviewed May 30, 2014

This is a tiny little restaurant which is very authentic Vietnamese. I can't believe they can produce so much wonderful food out of such a small kitchen.
I especially love the Sugar Cane Prawns & salad…..a bit different and just beautiful. The fried rice is particularly good as well.
Just wish they were open on a Sunday night!
Make sure you book because it is usually very busy.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

We made a reservation for 7.45pm on the 19 Feb. Arrived just before this time, was seated and given menus and that is where the service stopped. Restaurant was busy. We appreciated that fact as the menu looked great but there were two couples that walked in for takeaway and were served straightaway. After 10 minutes after being seated we asked the waitress for wine glasses as we had brought our own bottle of wine. Ten minutes later we still had not been given the wine glasses. We would have been perfectly happy to wait with a beverage! The waitress was also talking and laughing with the kitchen staff and did not appear to be in any hurry to serve us. We ended up walking out. There needs to be some sort of order for guests dining in as the customers buying takeaway would walk straight to the counter and get served straightaway.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I cant believe that more people have not made reviews on this place.
In a way im glad.

This place is amazing. Id never had Vietnamese food before and I was about to go over for 2 months. So my friends took me here. It was amazing the first time.

When I cam home I missed the food so I came back and you know what. The taste and quality is ether the same as Vietnam or (dare i say) even better.

This place is small and we hope it doesnt get to busy that we cant fit in as this is part of the charm.

Great place for dates, mates and work events.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

A simple review of an amazing small cafe run by a very nice young couple. The food is simply delicious and tasty that it makes you want to come back again and again.

If you are on the Northside of Brisbane, go for it - you wont be dissapointed.

1  Thank Noscus