“Great Value”

The Sebel South Brisbane
Ranked #111 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Close to city, great value for money, friendly and helpful staff are the main reasons why I will stay here again. Loved close proximity to the South Bank restaurant precinct and 5 mins to city by cab.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Scott W
AtSudimaSuitesWeCare, Guest Relations Manager at The Sebel South Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Dear Scott W

Thank you for your recent stay at our property.

If we can be of any assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us at 07 3007 8988 or bookings@sudimasuites.com

Thanking You
Kind Regards
Team Best Western Plus Sudima Suites
Brisbane

Reviewed September 13, 2012

The new hotel is perfectly located near the bus station and some great little cafes and restaurants. The hotel was so great with a mini-fridge, washer and dryer, new appliances, and the most immense and beautiful balcony I have ever had in a hotel room. I will stay at this hotel when I return to Brisbane without a doubt. When I thought it couldn't get any better it did...the staff were some of the NICEST people, and were so incredibly helpful, I actually kind of missed them when I left because I spent so much time with them; asking them questions, directions, restaurant ideas, if my dad could stay in my room when he arrived, and about 23 other questions they all answered with a smile. I have done a fair amount of traveling abroad, and this hotel hand downs get the award for the most excellent staff and hotel EVER!! Thank you from your appreciative Navy girl:) YOU GUYS ROCK!!

Room Tip: I am not sure if they all have balconies, but if there is one available its definitely worth the vie...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear Danielle G - Navy Girl :)

Thank you for your recent stay at our property.

Your generous compliments are much appreciated indeed. Guest like yourself "Rock" & continue to inspire us in our sinciere efforts in providing superior hospitality service for all our much valued guest's.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback.
We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

If we can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us at 07 3007 8988 or at bookings@sudimasuites.com

Thanking You
Kind Regards
Team Best Western Plus Sudima Suites.
Brisbane.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

I travelld form Singapore for a conference at the Brisbane Convention centre ( close by ) ...Boutique type property , .front offfice staff were very freindly & helpful ... my travel agent had made an error in my ETA ...even thouh they were virtually full , they manged to get me a room. Really 'wow" for their big size clean bright self contained room with BIG balconies & vistas are really nice.
Nice restaurants ( top aussie steaks at the next door Morrisons...huge Tbone was so filling with chilli sauce & cafes ( book cafe for breakfast was quirky with good coffee) near by 2 mint walk . Lap pool ( too cold ) but Gym was just what I needed ... loved the rowing machine ....Will be back (famous words ) & recommed for sure .

Room Tip: Ask for the east side one bedroom suites - deluxe I think .. the views are good ..
1  Thank Peter N
Reviewed September 6, 2012

The thrill of our stay on the 7th floor of the Sudima Suites was seeing the helicopter land on the roof of the Mater hospital opposite the hotel. Amazing! Life saving in action.

We very much enjoyed our stay at Sudima Suites. We found the bed and lounge area to be very comfortable. Our balcony didn't have a city view, but it was wonderful to be able to open the doors and windows for fresh air. We frequently went to the Skydeck on the roof to enjoy the view. The bathroom was lovely and clean as was the kitchen and everything felt new and fresh.

The location was perfect for us, with a short stroll to Southbank each night for dinner, and easy access to the bus system and South Bank station to catch the Airtrain all the way to the airport. We also enjoyed nightly walks along the river front.

We didn't find the traffic noise to be an issue at all. It was a gentle hum of noise and to be expected given the location of the hotel.

The staff at reception were always helpful and very friendly.

We found the only downside was that there weren't many options for breakfast in the area close to the hotel. We tried the Coffee Club next to the bus station - mediocre and expensive. A hipster coffee joint nearby, Little Prince Espresso, looked good but didn't have any seats free. Next time we might BYO a loaf of bread & some condiments since there are kitchen facilities in the apartment.

We will definitely stay at Sudima Suites again when we visit Brisbane for a few days and want an apartment.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

I normally book my hotels in the Brisbane Cbd when traveling to the city. However I decided to have a change of routine and booked at a hotel on the other side of the river for small get away.  So I booked a room at the sudima suites - best western and discovered a whole new part of Brisbane.  I found the Morrison pub or the chalk hotel was a great place for lunch and a couple of beers.  A 10 minute walk had me at south bank where I was able to catch up with some old friends at a cafe and a movie at the I-Max theater. This was a great little spot to get away from the usual routine.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Riverrunning
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I had a one bedroom suite with a HUGE balcony - the suite is bigger than most and really nicely furnished. It does overlook the carparks of the hospitals so not a great view but the 12th floor has a 360d view which would be pleasant to look at the city lights/ bridges etc.
This accom would be perfect for those visiting patients in the mater hospitals - I think there's 5 hospitals all within easy walk - as well as being very close to the Stanley st Bus terminal, so very close to southbank, gabba etc. there's very good restaurants in nearby Stanley Street

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds
1  Thank TrixieBrisbaneSouth
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Rooms are compact but have everything you need. Price was reasonable. We arrived at 9pm and the doors were locked. There was no phone to call to get instructions for the key - you were instructed to use tour mobile or find a public phone - lucky my mobile had a tiny bit of charge left or would have been a big problem - could not see a public phone anywhere nearby. The housekeeping was very average and one day they missed our room altogether.
The desk staff were lovely and very helpful during the day. Bus station closeby so very handy, but no restaurants closeby.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
sbm1, Guest Relations Manager at The Sebel South Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2012

Dear Angle K

Thank-you for your valued stay & feedback. Your kind compliments for our front desk staff being "lovely & really helpful...." are sincerely appreciated.

We would like to clarify below , some points you have made in your feedback

• It is unfortunate you arrived late on Brisbane's annual Ekka show day Public Holiday, when our reception closed earlier then usual, as per notices displayed around the property including the front entrance. We do have an efficient & professional after hours check- in process in place as many other serviced apartments in Brisbane. We are happy to inform you that we are currently in the process of installing a direct dial type intercom/telephone for the convenience of our late arriving guest's in our New Property.
• Complimentary daily mini housekeeping service is included in the room rate of our quality self catered suits. Additional service is also available upon request for a nominal fee.Upon investigating with our HK contractor , it is noted in their report that your room had a DND sign on the door on the 18.08.2012, when you probably felt the service was missed out ... we apologise for any inconvenience .
• As mentioned in our compendium & on our website http://www.sudimasuites.com/blog/great-places-to-eat-on-stanley-street/12, a short 2 minutes walk to Stanley St provides a wide range of restaurant dinning options. We also receive great feedback on the " Gourmet Deliveries' to the room's of various local restaurants as per menu's in the room . We gladly note in another posting that you enjoyed your dinning experience at near by South bank .
Once again, we Thank you very much for staying with us , we look forward to Welcoming you soon again on your next visit to Brisbane.

Guest Relations Manager