“Incredibly Rude - would be nice if they answered a phone!”
Review of L’Academie Hotel - CLOSED

L’Academie Hotel
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We tried numerous times to get a booking and they seemed unable to take calls, we left three messages and had 1 returned, when we asked for an extension to an online voucher as we were unable to get in as they were overbooked we were rudely informed that that could not happen.

Apparently these guys are a training institute for hospitality students - Jason the person I spoke with should have failed dismally however I am informed he is the manager so these poor students have very little chance.

I would have loved to have tried the food and comment on that (which I have heard is pretty good)but we couldn't even get in the door!

Reviewed May 17, 2012

We purchased our deal o line - the deal was for two entrees , two mains and a botle of wine. Everything went really smoothly for us. We were given the option of changing our entree option for dessert if we wanted. The waitress even suggested we may like to order one entree to share and one dessert to share. We went for the two entree option and both were very tasty and well presented. The mains were both delicious and well cooked too. Our only complaint may gave been the bread rolls - not the freshest. Our wine was also a very nice wine. Couldn't fit in dessert so didn't get to try them but they sounded yummy. Even if you don't have a voucher it is still a fairly cheap night out - three courses for $29.50. My hubby enjoyed it so much we came home and bought another couple of vouchers to go again on our anniversary. We attended on a Wednesday night so it wasn't terribly busy - probably a lucky thing because they didn't have many staff on. I found that the main problem with the restaurant is trying to contact them. The hotel staff answer the phone in the AM but trying to contact them any later all I got was an answering machine. I needed to change my booking and had to leave a message on the answering machine, When I rang back the next day to confirm the changes (and luckily somebody answered) no one had checked the messages from the previous day and my booking had not been amended. A bit annoying.

Reviewed April 25, 2012

We purchased a deal through our deal and we were given bottle of wine, 1 entree & dessert to share and a main each.Loved the mustard pork and the Lemon meringue.The food was well presented and really enjoyable.Well done. The restaurant was great to dine in.Good atmosphere. The staff very willing to please & our meal was served quickly.Each course was a good size.I would be more than happy to enjoy another meal there again.

Reviewed February 10, 2012

First up, this is a training restaurant, staffed by the students of a local hospitality school.

Having said that, the food is excellent, prices good (even great if you get one of the frequent deals or specials), and the atmosphere chirpy but still allowing private conversation.

The staff are incredibly enthusiastic, and try very hard. As this is a training restaurant though, sometime the little things aren't quite perfect - the subtleties of wait staff knowing the right time to check for more drinks, clear plates, or just 'check in'.

Overall l'Acadamie is great value for money for a nice meal out.

Reviewed January 16, 2012

A lovely French restaurant with a beautiful chandelier and framed Renoir prints. Service was excellent and the food delicious. The portions were surprisingly large for a French Restaurant.

1  Thank BrisbaneBetty