“Breakfast excellent”

Ben's Alibi
Ranked #1,177 of 4,660 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Moroccan
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Fully Licenced. Amazing Menu of Moroccan/Middle Eastern style cuisine. Open Monday - Friday. Live singer/guitarist on huge open air terrace on Friday's from 4.30pm till 11pm. Strong focus on organic food. Campos Coffee.
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My husband and I spent one night in Brisbane at the Meriton which was not far away so in the morning we walked up the road and saw bens and decided to try it - there are not many places that please me for breakfast but it was one of the best I have had for ages and had two eggs with bacon which came with two dips and beautiful toasted turkish bread coffee here is excellent and I am a very hard person to please so I will definitely go back there to try their lunch or dinners when i am in Brisbane again. Found the staff to be very friendly and lovely.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Good for business lunches !Very reasonable and good service. Staff friendly and provide suggestions.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Great city cafe/restaurant on George St serving western food with middle eastern twist plus coffee and deserts. We had a falafel salad, bolognaise sauce pasta and pizza. Especially loved the salad and pasta. Nice big servings and really tasty. Lots of business types here doing lunch or coffee. Closes at 4pm so get there early.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Would recommend this place.Great location and excellent food?The staff are friendly and will come back for sure..Geoff Bensley,Byron Bay, Australia.

1  Thank Geoff123456
Reviewed February 1, 2013

What an awful experience. I was told I was unable to sit at a table as it was reserved and I had no issue sitting somewhere else. Another waitperson then told me to move to the reserved table, I explained the waiter had said I couldn't and she says to ignore him and moved me. I was then abused by the male manager for sitting on a reserved table and moved again.

Water never came. Salt and pepper were also requested and never came.

The menu had one pizza for $9 which I thought unusual as the others were $16-$20. But it was the vegetarian one so kind of made sense. I checked with the waitress to be sure and she confirmed it was correct.

On going to pay I was told it was $19. Whe I explained the menu had $9 I was told it was 'obviously' incorrect. I explained the waitress had also confirmed it. The two managers then proceeded to scream at each other and the poor waitress. The male manager demanded the full $19 and continued to abuse the female manager who said in the circumstances $9 was fine. He then proceeded to yell abuse at her.

It was awful.

I will not be returning.

4  Thank Travels_a-lot0987