“Disappointed would be an understatement!”
Review of Frankies Cafe - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Frankies Cafe
Cuisines: German
Description: This New Cafe is a German Owned Cafe that does some of the best Pancakes that I have eaten and does a Full Buffe Breakfust for around $19.00 Saturday and Sunday. Small place but worth the visit.
Brisbane, Australia
“Disappointed would be an understatement!”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

We have eaten here several times and have always recommended it to all our family and friends but today was THE worst customer service experience of my 50years. After abusing us because we had booked for one time and he had written down a different time the chef then came back out a second time as I was ordering to point his finger at me again and tell me to make sure if I am booking to get the time right next time. I should have walked out there and then. Then after our friends and other patrons who hadn't ordered the buffet started to complain about no food after over 1 hr - he then started to argue with people and tell them that if they didn't order buffet they had to wait. One lady who complained about the service after finally getting her food 1hr 20mins later was then told by the chef to get out of his restaurant and he then flung her baby's pram out the way and told her she had to line up to get her refund. When she finally got to top of queue to get her refund, he came back again to argue with her. Unbelievable - no such thing here as the customer is always right. He was so aggressive we were worried for the lady and her friends and child. Never again!! Such a shame as the food was good but don't go to dine to be abused by the chef/owner.

• Visited April 2012
3 Thank Elcee63

Brisbane, Australia
“Best German Breakfast that you can have this side of town!”
Reviewed December 12, 2011

Frankies is open for all comers for Breakfast on Saturday or Sunday and you can either have a normal cooked breaky or you can opt for the Full Buffet Breakfast that has all the great German fare that you could want.

Having been a few times in the morning to take up the buffet deal, we have always left feeling like we are all about to explode. Don't attempt the Breakfast if your calories are under review, you have high Cholesterol or can't stop once you get going.

I am not German by any means but the Man who runs Frankie's, and his wife do great meals. They do amazing German styled breakfasts, especially the Strawberry Pancakes - there so filling that you will not eat another thing until 2:00pm that afternoon. The Pancakes are delicious, plus there are all the normal items like Eggs, German Sausages, and other german treats! This place has one of the best breakfasts we have ever had - cant recommend it highly enough...

Haven't been for a few weeks, but at this time of year,

• Visited November 2011