4,354 results
All reviews the river story bridge one bedroom apartment great apartment convenience store fortitude valley these apartments serviced apartment high floor eagle st pier per night short walk full kitchen car park washing machine great facilities reception staff
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I read the reviews on trip advisor and decided to book a 1 bedroom apartment for the Friday night before flying out. Location was just perfect to explore all the sights of Brisbane. Check in was very efficient and staff helpful. The apartment was spacious for a 1 bedroom and had everything I needed for a self contained apartment. Loved having a TV in the bedroom, as well as the lounge area. Bed quite comfortable and the view from the 17th floor was just great, even though on the opposite side of the river. Windows huge and had curtains and blinds to ensure nice and dark when the sun came up. Will definately stay again when back in Brisbane.

Room tip: Request apartment on higher floors for view and less noise.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MSABrisOnAdelai... B, Manager at Meriton Suites Adelaide Street, Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Hello Tani27114,

Thank you for posting your comments, and letting the TripAdvisor community know about your recent stay with us. We think that great feedback from guests like yourself is the best possible recommendation we could receive. We're glad you enjoyed the space and comfort of your apartment, including the great views through the floor-to-ceiling windows, and our handy proximity to the CBD. Would love to have the chance to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed February 25, 2014

We chose to stay at the Meriton Serviced Apartments for its proximity to a meeting I needed to attend to.
We were surprised upon arrival at the Adelaide Street Meriton for the warm welcome and professionalism of the Receptionist (Trainee), She was brilliant in her approach to our late check-in and special requests whilst staying. Nothing was too hard or too much.
The accommodation was first class, we stayed on the 16th floor overlooking Chinatown. The room was spacious and methodically clean, the bed was comfortable and the bathroom very well appointed.
The Meriton has two very nice Cafes near by where my wife and I shared breakfast and had a wonderful coffee before going to my meeting.
Overall I definitely recommend the apartments for a short stay

Room tip: Choose rooms in the upper floors for the fantastic views of either Story Bridge or a bird eye view of Chinatown and surroundings
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Good morning Salvo130768,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to our city. I'm happy that we were able to make you feel welcome, and do a few little extras for you to make things that little bit more pleasant. Your comments about our "amazing staff" will certainly be passed on to them, and are very much appreciated.

As you discovered we're close to everything the city offers, with an almost endless array of choices for just about anything you'd want to do during your time here. We hope you get the chance to come back and let us extend that warm welcome again soon!

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Working for a client driven company, communication is key! Lack of communication between staff is what let me down. At check in I advised the woman at the counter that I would be checking out later that evening she advised that I would need to call the counter let them know so they can come up and ensure everything is fine, I did exactly that, the woman who answered advised that all is fine to head down to check out, spoke with a man who then advised someone would need to check out the room first, he was unable to do so as he was the only person at the counter, this I understand why but as to the woman who answered when I called I believe she should have sent someone up, having to stand around and wait annoyed me as it delayed me. Everything else was perfect.

Hello sauesera,

Thank you for your 5-star review – it seems that almost everything was very much to your liking. I apologise that an obvious misunderstanding/mix-up in communications meant that you were delayed on check-out. I hope it didn't spoil an otherwise pleasant stay, and that you will consider staying with us again the next time you're in the city.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

The accommodations and staff were excellent. The location was good and within walking distance to everything. We only stayed one night and the apartment would be excellent for a longer term stay with the clothes washer, dryer and kitchen facilities. The only thing we missed was having a restaurant in the building. The parking in the building is a little expensive, but it is to be expected in the downtown area of Brisbane and well worth the price if you are not familiar with the parking situation and parking enforcement rules in the city.

Room tip: Room we had was high up and had no problems with it.
Date of stay: January 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MSABrisOnAdelai... B, Manager at Meriton Suites Adelaide Street, Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Good afternoon MikeES333WI,

Thank you for such positive comments on the Trip Advisor review, the whole Meriton team is so pleased you enjoyed the apartment and our location here on Adelaide St. The apartments as you mentioned are perfect for your overnight stay, but also very comfortable for an extended stay being able to cook or do laundry if required.
Yes we don't have a restaurant in the property, we have however done our best to supply each apartment with many food delivery options for the guests in each compendium. Its also fantastic to have numerous coffee shops and restaurants within walking distance of the front doors as well.
Hope to see you again soon when in Brisbane CBD.

Mathew L
Hotel Manager

Reviewed February 23, 2014

I needed to book two rooms for a short stay in Brisbane with a young friend and this didn't disappoint. We were upgraded to a river view apartment which had stunning views of the Story Bridge and Kangaroo Point. The facilities were excellent with comfortable beds, lots of wardrobe space, full kitchen and laundry facilities, as well as separate air conditioning units for each bedroom and the main living area. The location was good for bus and river (City Cat) transport but is a fair walk to Central rail station - about 10 minutes which is okay unless it's very hot (which it was when we were there) and you have lots of luggage (which my friend did).

There are lots of bars and restaurants within short walking distance and the Food Works store next door is well stocked and reasonably priced. Reception staff were friendly, polite and efficient.

So, my only quibble is that the corridors are not air conditioned which is a minor thing unless it's 38 degrees and you have to wait for ages for the lift to get to the 74th floor. Talk about first world problems!

Seriously, I visit Brisbane frequently for business and pleasure and will stay again and will recommend to others.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank LynE62

Good afternoon LynE62,

Thank you for writing a Trip Advisor review of our property, we are so pleased you enjoyed the stay with us from the river view apartments. It seems that you really enjoyed our location with so many of Brisbane's best restaurants at our door step, along with supermarkets and convenience stores as well.
I will be more than pleased to pass on your positive feedback to the front desk and housekeeping teams, they all work very hard here to make our guests experience as enjoyable as possible.
See you again soon.