“Very enjoyable stay”

Meriton Serviced Apartments Brisbane on Adelaide Street
Ranked #5 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane
“Very enjoyable stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Stayed in a sky view apartment in July 2013 and had a very enjoyable time. Firstly let me just say the views from the 69th floor where we were staying were breathtaking! We watched the sun set from the comfort of our sofa! Perfect location for heading out to fortitude valley and only a stroll to the river where you can catch the city cat boat to anywhere else you fancy. Rooms were lovely and modern, would say the cleaning let things down a little with LOTS of dead insects in the glass lights and a used soap and shower cap left in our bathroom. Beds were fantastic and the linen covers were sooooo comfy! Facilities were fab and would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank chezzabelle87
MSABrisOnAdelai... B, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments Brisbane on Adelaide Street, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Good afternoon chezzabelle87,

Thank you for your "enjoyable stay" review of the property, those views from level 69 are amazing with the floor to ceiling glass in each apartment. Thanks for describing the location for other readers considering a booking here at the property, we are very close to many of Brisbane's major attractions.
On the negative its disappointing that Housekeeping have not reached their usual high standards. I would like to personally apologise for the initial housekeeping issues, and pleased it hasn't dampened your opinion of the property. I will speak with the team regarding the issues you have raised to make sure we improve for the future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (930)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

The facility is dependable with great comfort. The service is also very helpful to meet my requirement of a higher room with better view. The bedroom and living space offers great opening space for rest and work. Very comfort.

Just one thing is the light ambience could be little too white in the bedroom and the lamp in the living room for my personal preference. If the light ambience could be improved which will level the entire meriton apartment standard up to the first class experience.

Overall best of the choice

Room Tip: the Riverside view room has a excellent view with the cityscape.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

1 Thank JAKEzhai
Good afternoon JAKEzhai,

Thank you for such a positive review of our property, its very pleasing you enjoyed out product and were comfortable during the stay. The front desk team are always happy to try to meet guest requests of higher floors, or lower floors depending on preference. I would advise to put a note in your reservation and we will do our best to accommodate the request.
I have forwarded your light comments to the Meriton interior designer for consideration. We are always happy to receive comments of this nature as it may be something we can improve on in the future.
Thank you again for the review (with additional photo's) and we hope to see you soon.

Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

We booked this hotel after a friend told us about it. When we got there and saw the size of it, we decided to upgrade to a skyview room. Best. Decision. Ever. It was during the EKKA period, so we were lucky enough to see the fireworks every night.

The room was amazing and could comfortably fit 2 couples. The view is the real winner though. We stayed on the 70th floor and there are no other buildings even close to that height, so nothing impedes the scenery.

Although they dont have room service, lots of local restaurants will deliver straight to your room.

The staff were great and we will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a skyview room. The view is amazing.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EnterTheFoo
Good afternoon EnterTheFoo,

Its great that you found us!! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us, those views are spectacular from the high floors looking over Brisbane CBD. I will be happy to forward your comments to my team regarding their wonderful customer service you received.
We do have a few menu's in the apartments for our guests regarding local restaurants that deliver to our property. In the coming weeks I will be updating this information and have a few more delivery options that guests will be able to choose from.
Thank you so much for the review and we hope to see you soon.

Surfers Paradise, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Was so much nicer than I expected, we got an awesome room on a high floor with an amazing view over the river and bridge. The room was not super huge but the bathroom was great and views from the bedroom were amazing, great value for money, would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

1 Thank kel4d
Good Afternoon kel4d,

Thank you for your comments, its great we were able to impress you with our apartments and views over the city. We certainly appreciate your feedback and that you have taken the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor.
We look forward to welcoming you back next time you visit Brisbane CBD.

Kind Regards,

Hotel manager
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Overall experience is pleasant, we enjoyed the central location and the beautiful view from the apartment. It seems to be quite recent. It is modern, nicely renovated and has sounds bar in the living room which we can plug our iphone for music. However, it was disturbing when the pipe problem starts to horn during the night and anytime during the day in the floor we stayed. We highlighted few times to the reception. On the first night, we thought it was from outside the premises, but we discovered after it was not. I think they need to fix the pipe problem asap. Also the housekeeping is abit forgetful, did not replace toilet paper, floor mat for shower room and shower gels day after. It is still a nice property, but have room for improvement.

Room Tip: Check with the hotel which floor has pipe problem.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank SingaporeGirl58
Good afternoon Moo08,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review of your recent stay. It seems overall you were satisfied with the apartment and location of the property. It was disappointing that housekeeping servicing didn't reach its usual high standards in regards to apartment servicing. I have forwarded your comments on to my housekeeping department to make sure we improve in this area.
Thank you for also advising regarding the pipe noise in your corridor. I would like to also advise that from your comments we have had technicians onsite rectifying this issue. It seems we had a couple of faulty water valves which have since been replaced. I would like to apologise for this noise during your stay, and thank you for letting us know about the issue.

We look forward to you returning to our property in the future.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have to say that historically I have not had much luck with serviced apartments and generally would steer clear of them, however the week that I was in Brisbane for work the Meriton was the most affordable option and so reluctantly I booked it. Originally the plan was to spend two nights in Surfers Paradise to see family and then come to Brisbane, well the hotel in Surfers Paradise was so awful I refused to go back and called the Meriton who without a fuss happily added an additional night on to my 5 night booking. So in the end i stayed 6 nights.

The room that I was initially given was facing over the Ann Street-Turbot Street intersection which I found to be terribly noisy on the saturday night, so on Sunday morning I went and spoke to the staff on reception who could not have been more helpful. Phia (spelling?) went out of her way to try and find me a room that was away from the main intersection and on as high a floor as possible. She really went above and beyond I thought, and the room that I did end up in (which I think was 2406 or something similar) was brilliant for my stay. It had amazing views out across Brisbane. The staff were lovely and should be highly commended.

The location itself is fine, its a short walk to most things in the Brisbane CBD and a short walk from the train station which was useful to get to and from the airport.

It was perfect for working as I could set my laptop up on a table and the internet worked mostly without a problem. I had a couple of issues (more my fault!) but a quick call to reception had it all sorted. Having the extra space was a real bonus and the washing machine and dryer came in very handy.

All in all an excellent stay and when I am back in Brisbane I'll happily stay at a Meriton again.

Room Tip: Higher floors and those facing away from the main intersection are better for light sleepers like me...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank MisslisOz
MSABrisOnAdelai... B, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments Brisbane on Adelaide Street, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Dear MisslisOz,

Thank you for a detailed and a 5 STAR review on our tripadvisor page. Also thank you for choosing Meriton Serviced Apartment during your week in Brisbane.

We are delighted to hear about the fantastic serviced your received, especially from Phia, who went out of her way to assist you with the room relocation. We are indeed very lucky to have Phia working with us and she will be recogonised for her great service in our staff incentive reward program.

We hope to see you again soon here in Brisbane but if you plan to visit your family again in the Gold Coast, we also have two other properties located in Broadbeach and Southport. Thank you again for a great review.

David M.
Senior Manager on Duty
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Me and my husband are staying here as of this writing and will be here for a few more weeks. There are a lot of positives on this serviced apartment and just a few negatives.
Starting with the positives, the hotel is conveniently located in between the cbd and chinatown. So shopping and dining are easy access. The room is spacious and clean with all the essentials needed for those who prefer to cook. They provide a welcome basket containing soaps, coffee, sugar, etc...for those guests staying longer. Internet is free but of limited access.
A few negatives.....some of the glass windows are hard to close once you leave them open, its one of those push and click type windows. Another would be the garbage room. On the floor we are in (3rd flr), walking on the hallway to the lift, we get to pass the garbage room and we can smell it even if its closed. The smell is worst once you get inside the garbage room to throw your rubbish! I can't take it so I let my husband do it. There's no ventilation in that room so the foul smell is contained.
Overall we are enjoying our stay here and would recommend to others too.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Veneez
Dear Veneez,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review on our Tripadvisor page.

We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us so far and found our rooms to be spacious and clean. We hope the welcome basket have helped you and your husband feel more comfortable and at home during your first few weeks until you are familiarised with the local area.

I very sorry to hear that the smell of the garbage chute have caused a slight discomfort when you are walking to and from the lift in the hallway. Our routine garbage chute cleaning have been scheduled for this coming Thursday, this should help eliminate the odor coming from the garbage room.

Veneez, please do not at all hesitate to contact reception if you require assistance with anything. Whether you are having difficulties closing the windows, require extra amenities or would like to move to another apartment due to the smell. We are here ready to assist you when you needed.

David M.