“Beautiful view from the bedroom”

Meriton Serviced Apartments Brisbane on Adelaide Street
Ranked #4 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“Beautiful view from the bedroom”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I loved my stay at the Meriton Brisbane, thanks to the fact that they honored my request for a nice view and all the excellent facilities.
Plus:
Great bedroom at the 32nd floor, 2 walls ceiling to floor windows and views over Brisbane.
free wireless (1 gb I believe)
excellent facilities as usual with Meriton, such as kitchen with dishwasher and laudry with washingmachine and dryer.
Close to river walk way and convenience store. 10 minute walk to Ferry, 15-20 minute walk to main shopping street.
Lengthy lap pool (20 m or so?) wide enough for 2-3 people to swim laps in.
Friendly personnel
The "ghost elevator" is a weird experience, but kind of neat (you chose your destination outside the elevator, not inside the elevator).
Very good rate (100-110 AUD)
Room for improvement, but no dealbreakers:
2% credit card charge for booking.com customers, not for customers on the meriton site according to staff.
Fixed shower in the bathroom. Did encounter these "swimming pool showers" in every Meriton.
No radio reception on stereo, but stereo could be used for ipod, cd etc
Couches very hard (in all meriton app where I stayed)

Room Tip: higher floors for views.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Meriton Adelaid... M, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments Brisbane on Adelaide Street, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Good morning Kamante,

Thank you for posting a very detailed review of your recent stay with us at Meriton on Adelaide st, we also appreciate you taking the time to also load photos as well. Its great that the front desk were able to allocate a high floor with excellent views as per your request with them. We mainly receive positive feedback regarding the apartment décor and bathroom finishes, so Im disappointed to hear you found the lounge hard and showerhead not to your liking. I will certainly pass these comments on to our architects/designers for future reference.

Thank you again for your review its very much appreciated.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (936)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel/apartment, just a short walk on the boardwalk to the downtown area. The money you save is worth the short walk and the scenery is breathtaking. The Meriton is located next to the Story Bridge and the apartments are equipped with all the amenities of home. Have children, wanna do your own laundry, like to cook for yourself, but still like maid or room service??? Then this is your place all of the above are available here in your room. Come enjoy Brisbanne!!!

• Stayed May 2013
Good morning Pwrdist,

Thank you for such a positive review of our property, we are very pleased you enjoyed the apartment and our location. Our guests certainly appreciate the value for money the apartments provide, with the full kitchen, laundry and extra space in an apartment compared with a standard hotel room. We look forward to welcoming you back when next in Brisbane.

Nashua, New Hampshire
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for three days. This place was very clean, lots of room, comfortable furnishings. Its price was better than most hotels, and certainly ones in this level of quality.

There was a slight smell of smoke back feeding the laundry room vent. Probably from another guest cheating the no smoking policy and blowing smoke in the laundry room vent. But yes, this room has its own laundry. A real plus if I were staying longer.

When I travel, I want clean, new, and comfortable. It was all of that.

Location at the other end of Adelaide street wasn't too convenient for Queen Street mall area but a good trade off. I needed the walk anyway.

• Stayed May 2013
Meriton Adelaid... M, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments Brisbane on Adelaide Street, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Good afternoon TheQueue61,

We are so pleased that you "like us a lot", thank you for posting your experience on Trip Advisor. From your comments it seems the apartment ticked all your boxes, clean, modern and well priced. All of our apartments are non-smoking so its disappointing a slight smoke smell was in the apartment. I will forward your comments to my housekeeping team for future reference.
Thank you again for the positive comments, we look forward to your return visit with us.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Upon checking into the Meriton after 10pm, we were not greeted by the after hours security man on staff, Nick as he was busy on his Facebook account.
I was travelling alone with my 8 year old son and my 10 week old baby. They were both asleep in the car as I ran into reception to get the access card into the garage.
I was concerned and panicked about my son and baby in the car and was pleading with the check in person Nick to please just give me an access card to the garage so I could get my children to a safe place.
I'd handed over my credit card and license by this stage and Nick was still slow in responding.

I repeatedly explained to Nick that I was worried about the safety of my son and baby in the car alone.
Nick's response - "stop shouting at me", " I dont need this", and the best response of all, "I don't have to check you in, I can refuse to check you in, you know".

I had to standby and accept abnoxious, rude attitude and behaviour from the after hours receptionist Nick so he could walk me through the Meriton proceedures for my $440 per night executive 2 bedroom King Suite.

I was in tears by the end. Not a great way to start my holiday.

Things improved from here-on, the room was amazing and extremely clean, the facilities fantastic and the Meriton receptionists the next morning were delightful.

The new manager of the Apartments, Matthew contacted me the following day concerned that my check-in process from a bad experience. The Meriton staff were delightful with the except of the afterhours receptionist Nick. Time to find a new vocation Nick - hospitality is not for you.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Good afternoon Lisa S,

Thank you for providing a Trip Advisor review of the recent stay with us at Meriton on Adelaide st. Lisa S we are obviously disappointed by your check-in experience at the property, we take all feedback seriously and your comments have been forwarded to our night security officer. It is really pleasing that you loved the apartment and dealings with the Meriton staff while at the property!!
We look forward to you visiting us again in the future.

Queensland, Australia
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We booked into this apartment style hotel as a change from our regular accommodation. The location is good with an easy stroll along the boardwalk to the Restaurants of the Eagle Street Pier and a comfortable walk to the Queen St Mall.

The room is immaculate and modern, with all the appliances required as well as good quality cookware and crockery etc even though we did not use them. The problem with the room is really just it's size. It is small, very small. We had a room overlooking Adelaide St on the 7th floor, so it was a bit noisy. If I stayed here again, I would ask for a higher room on the river side of the building. I gave it 4 stars because the rate was very reasonable at $155 per night for a one bed apartment but the parking, as stated by many others here is really exorbitant at $35 per day. This does push the price up and if the apartment was more spacious it would make it seem less of a bad deal.

All in all, if you need a night or two, have no car and don't plan to hang out much in your room, it's not bad for the money. Just try to get a room on the higher levels.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high level on the river side of the building.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Aussiemum70
Meriton Adelaid... M, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments Brisbane on Adelaide Street, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Good morning Aussiemum70,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay on Trip Advisor. It is pleasing you found the apartment to be modern and immaculately clean- i will foward these comments to my housekeeping department. We are always happy to try to assist with allocating high floors- please make a note in your future bookings and the front desk will do their best for you.
Im glad you enjoyed the stay and we look forward to your return.

kind regards,

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Just stayed one night, good location, good apartments. Usually with high rises, elevators can be a problem as wait time is high sometimes, but this building has planned it well and there was never a wait on elevators. Enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Prasad S
Meriton Adelaid... M, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments Brisbane on Adelaide Street, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Good morning Prasad S,

Thank you for your review!! Im pleased you enjoyed the apartment and our location, its seems like it suited your needs perfectly.
We look forward to your return visit when next in Brisbane.

Meriton Serviced Apartment Management
melbourne
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The whole experience with the hotel manager and the staff was appalling. I don't know if they were all having an off week and we got the brunt of it, but what started out as a fun experience to book the hotel for a birthday experience, receiving family from overseas also, ended up being a diabolical time. We felt like we were under interrogation instead of the hotel staff finding solutions for us, to very easy problems, that are ALWAYS easily negotiated by other hotels etc. The whole experience was really disappointing. I am sure that the hotel itself was great, but unless you are the one booking in, in person, and paying for it, forget trying to organise anything fun here on behalf of anyone else. Their red tape and lack of customer service around this was very disappointing to say the least. We were told that that is just the way it is. So of course we cancelled, and received our money back to book somewhere else. This place was actually really amazing and the service outstanding. Maybe they did us a favour in the end? Nice one Meriton!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank goddessglobally
Good morning goddessglobally,

Thank you for taking the time to write some feedback regarding your experience at the property and with reservations regarding your bookings. Its disappointing that is seems we were unable to meet certain requests you had on the day of arrival. I would like to look into this more closely for you, please email reservation details to tripadvisor@meriton.net.au and i will make it my priority to investigate and get back to you.

Meriton Serviced Apartment Management