“Spacious, modern and convenient”

Meriton Suites Adelaide Street, Brisbane
Ranked #4 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed August 30, 2012

The Meriton Serviced Apartments are conveniently located, an easy walk from the Eagle Street Wharf business area. My accommodation was spacious and modern with European-style kitchen featuring new appliances. Bed had a high quality matresses for a comfortable sleep, although the doona cover was too warm and just a sheet was not warm enough. (A lighter alternative blanket would be a good idea.) Front office staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Meriton Adelaid... M, Manager at Meriton Suites Adelaide Street, Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Dear Chesspoint,

We do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back, next time you are visiting Brisbane.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Brand new Apartments, clean and spacious with all the facilities you will need including fox tel. Would recommend staying here as its also close to the riverside where you can catch the river cat to other destinations along the river and the central shopping area is within walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear gillyf15,

Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

Good, not great. Clean, well presented and has all u need. Found the prices high, but that is Brisbane. Parking extra $30 per day (everywhere in Brisbane charges for parking!).

Only negatives, tv has hundreds of Chanel's, but only a few have been enabled, no easy way to see what Chanel's u have access to. Airconditioning made a irregular humm during the night but it wasn't too noisy.

Overall, I would stay again, if the price was right.

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear AustraliaMaxie ,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Meriton Serviced Apartments Adelaide Street. I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed your experience with us. If i can assist with the small issues you experienced please do not hesitate to contact me on tripadvisor@meriton.net.au.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

I was really excited that I found such a great deal with Meriton Serviced Apartments through wotif.com. I booked 4 months in advance and did put a polite request to be on the highest floor possible and if there was a room with a view available we would like it. When we checked in we found that we had been put on the lowest floor possible and had a view of the busy and noisy Adelaide street, which was very close below. I do appreciate that the only floors with the studio rooms are 2-4 and may not have the best views available, but with advance booking (4months) and with a specific request, I hoped that we may have perhaps been placed on the 3rd or 4th floor. This was disappointing as we were staying for 5 nights. I called reception to inquire about a room closer to our requests and were advised that studio rooms are low rise, and nothing else was available unless we spent $90 - $400 a night more for a 1 bedroom room (weekend rates were VERY expensive apparently). The receptionist was polite enough but not very sympathetic and didn't seem to care that we had put in a specific request on booking.
So trying to get on with what we had, we found it was a very neat, clean, modern and well fitted out suite. Everything we needed was available for the kitchen and bathroom. The couches were much too firm for our tastes and I found that it had an overall business feel, and not very homely. The bed was comfortable to sleep in, yet the pillows were so large, they seemed like display pillows rather than something to rest on. I did inquire about something a little flatter but they only had what was in the room (again the service was very polite). If you like a more flat or soft pillow I would suggest bringing your own. We both ended up using a couch cushion each. This was disappointing. Although I wasn't expecting a pillow menu, an option for flat or what we were supplied would have been appreciated.
The pool was a good size, clean and pleasantly presented with bamboo and other plants around. There was also a spa, which you had to get out of to press a button to activate the air jets (as you would expect). I found they turned off after a very short time which was annoying because we had to get out of the spa 4 times before we were ready to leave. Perhaps a button close by to the user would be better, rather than forcing them to get in and out to turn it back on. It was also heavily chlorinated, which is to be expected of a public spa, yet it was so bad after 2 machine washes my bathers still smell of chlorine. The sauna was lovely.
I went for a bike ride and left my room card and ID in my car, and on approaching reception they were extremely helpful and allowed me to provide several personal details then provided me with a key to access my room and the pool area. They also allowed us to store our bike in the storage room at reception. I was very impressed by their helpfulness, and willingness to fix my self inflicted issue.

Overall our stay was satisfactory. There were several things that made it less than what I expected, but the service provided was mostly excellent. I think if we had our requests met or booked a 1 bedroom suite or bigger our experience would have been close to outstanding.

Room Tip: Pick a 1 bedroom apartment or bigger for good views and call to confirm views and floor number. St...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank twisty06
Reviewed August 22, 2012

The apartment was modern and clean. Kitchen was well equipped and bedding very comfortable. Unfortunately the room had a limited view (looking at other buildings) but the location by the river made the river board walk and ferry service very accessible. Finding the car park was very difficult and better signage would help.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Canberra_Chic,

Reviewed August 22, 2012

First issue was finding where to park. If you are coming from the city you can't see where to park to check in. Reception service was both good and bad (bad: they charged me an incorrect amount - approx $100 extra - which i needed to chase up and be reimbursed a week after the stay). The good - they made some copies of files i needed and were quite helpful with this.

The room itself was ok. It was a 1 bedroom with a lounge area - reasonable size. The quality was fairly average. Price was pretty reasonable except for the cost of car parking.

Location not the best - a 10-15 min to walk to city.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Dear Scott_Fiona_Anjali,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Meriton Serviced Apartments Adelaide Street. I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed your experience with us. We will certainly review the points raised in your post, if you would like to discuss them further please feel free to contact me on tripadvisor@meriton.net.au

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We booked 2 x 2 bedroom apartments at The Meriton Serviced Apartments. Ideal location in between the Valley and Brisbane CBD. Apartments were modern, spacious, clean with fantastic city and river views.Rooms were serviced daily, open plan living ideal for cooking and eating in one night. The only down side to these apartments are the lifts which tend to take a long time and are prone to computer glitches.
Would stay again and definitely recommend for any type of traveler.

Room Tip: 72nd floor was fantastic, if wanting a river view try not to get a corner room as the kitchen area i...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
MSA-MGT, Manager at Meriton Suites Adelaide Street, Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Dear PrincessFisky,

Thank you for your fabulous review and recommendation. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found our location suitable for all of your needs.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to Meriton Serviced Apartments Adelaide Street, next time you are visiting Brisbane.