“Breakfast Favourite”

The Moray Cafe
Ranked #743 of 4,406 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Great cafe nestled under the iconic Fig Tree with a focus on delicious food, coffees and old fashioned customer service making every visit a warm and friendly experience. Saturday ,Sunday, Monday, 6:30am-3.30Pm Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 6:30am-9pm, Price range: $15-30 per main
Brisbane
“Breakfast Favourite”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Moray is a trusty New Farm favourite. The menu is a little bit different but still has the traditional stuff if you want it, and the food it consistently good. The staff are always friendly and relaxed, and I never feel rushed here, unlike at some other cafes in the area.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Yodes_M

Brisbane, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful + tasty food!”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I have been trying to keep this one to myself but it looks like the secret is out! To sum it up: awesome food, presentation and staff. They have great menus and special day offers, like Tight-a**e Tueday and Parma-rama Wednesday which definitely offer some bang for your buck. All the dishes are beautifully presented as well.

I see another reviewer mentioned The Moray Cafe is under new management and I can confirm this is true. They have made some really great changes over the last few months. Keep up the wonderful food and service Moray Cafe! :)

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Erin C
Brisbane
“Good clean eating -home style”
Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

Moray is under new management since lasy year. Each time I have visited in last few months the owners have made improvements to the premises. Food is reasonably priced and quality. Check the glass cake / pasty / tarts counter at front...all made in house. Seating inside and out. Tues night bargain dishes! They do take out coffees too.

2 Thank BrisbaneMegan
TheMorayCafe, Owner at The Moray Cafe, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at the café. As the new owners since 24th September 2013, our aim is make every visit to our café a warm and friendly experience. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Melbourne, Australia
“My New Farm Love”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I love this place. Coffee BEAUTIFUL. Only descovered 6months before I moved from New Farm/Brisbane and wish I had found sooner. Service was great every time we went and food is amazing. Tight Tuesday we only had to wait 10min for table and steak was lovely. Recommend Bircher, berry smoothie, falafel wrap, steak. All round super, if only it was in Melbs ;)

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Ilona S
Woolgoolga, Australia
“Service was rubbish”
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

I dined here last night with my partner and a friend who lives in the area. Once we sat down it look a good 10-15 minutes for anyone to come take a drinks order, and that was only after we made eye contact with the tall waitress who was too busy sipping on her own drink chatting with other staff. By that time we had decided on our food and ordered it all at once. (On a side note, the table could have done with a wipe down as it was covered in a thin layer of road dust/dirt)
While waiting for drinks I popped inside to check the wine list (as I had just stuck with water) and the waitresses were joking about how they didn't even know if the red was a Shiraz or not, as that was what they had been telling people all night. It was in the end.
When the food came out the waitress served it to us and quickly turned and walked away, no asking if we needed anything else or even a pause. If she had asked or even paused she would have heard me say "excuse me?" But she didn't and so I went in search of my own fork.
No one came to check if we were enjoying our meals and my partner had to go inside to order an extra after he had finished his meal. This is just basic service, I've worked years in hospitality and it all about going the extra mile. On that note, the food was lovely and well priced.
After our meal we sat there for 15 or so minutes and in the end decided that we would do dessert down the road, as we didn't want to bother the waitresses (the tall blonde in particular) from their conversations with the chefs. We paid, the shorter one was polite and asked the right questions but it was too late. And we wandered down the road where the service was impeccable. It might not be the same type of restaurant, but customer service should go above and beyond, wherever you work. It takes all of 15 seconds to do a round if asking the customers how everything is and if they need anything. My friend said it was usually packed on a Friday, but it wasn't at all last night; maybe the owner needs to evaluate a few things?
Will hesitate before returning.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank adeline90
Hello adeline90,
We appreciate your feedback on the Moray Café Trip Advisor page. Our reviews are very important to us. Can we invite you back? We’re the new owners who purchased The Moray in October 2013 and we’d like to invite you back to experience our new menu and refurbished café.
Kindest Regards