“The view is awesome”

George's Paragon Seafood Restaurant Brisbane
Ranked #14 of 4,297 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Seafood, Mediterranean, Greek, Australian, Soups
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wiltshire
“The view is awesome”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

We hadn't booked but were found a table by the window overlooking the river and towards to Storey Bridge. We had an excellent lunch and were looked after by the friendly staff. Great ambience with the fantastic views would recommend.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
“Not even for half price”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

We went for lunch and we were impressed with the river and bridge views but that's pretty much where being impressed stopped. We were shown to our table by a waiter with the worst body odour I have smelled in a long time and I work in a factory. There were no where near enough staff as we waited for our drinks, and waited and waited and waited for our food. 45 minutes to get our entrees and then another 50 after we finished them to get our mains. No where near good enough for the prices they charge. They big note themselves saying that lunches are half price but that would mean that their nouvelle cuisine dishes are usually priced at $60 upwards.

I had the barrimundi and the seafood topping was very nice. The barrimundi itself was very small and way overcooked, dry and rubbery. They got one of the meals wrong and I was supposed to have veges with mine but that didn't happen either. I didn't miss much as the others only got limp baby broccoli as their entire vegetable serving. Those of us who had chips got nice chips, but only a few in a bowl on the plate so it looked like a bigger serving than it was. Food is nice, table service is polite, just not enough of either. There are much better restaurants on Eagle St Pier.

• Visited December 2013
Brisbane, Australia
“Wont go again”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

My 2nd visit didn't change my mind.
If you want a decent feed and value for money then go somewhere else.
The "half price" menu is a joke. We paid $18 for a piece of snapper the size of my palm, with a few chips and veges. there is NO way it was worth that I cant imagine paying $36 for it.!!!
Paying the bill is another issue if there is a group of you. they will only accept 2 x card payments and the rest cash. So remember to take CASH.
Even if the food is nice I wont be going again. I don't mind paying money if I get good value for it but to me that is not the case at George's

Victoria, Australia
“Best Barramundi!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

We had a great meal, the best whole baby Barramundi I've ever eaten and our friends loved their Crème Caramel.
The service was fantastic, nearly as efficient as being in Asia as we were looked after so well and so quickly.
Great ambiance and fantastic view of the river and Storey Bridge.
Value for money too.....

Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
“Melbourne Cup Winner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

Visited on 5th Nov from a cruise ship and fortunately had booked as it was my birthday. They gave us a fabulous table outside overlooking the story bridge. After a comp glass champagne I ordered the seafood platter ( unbelievable presentation and taste sublime) and my partner the whole sole on the bone.
Service impeccable and made us feel part of the Melbourne Cup Celebration that was going on. Third visit and gets better each time.