“Better than previous reviews”
Review of Garnish Bistro - CLOSED

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Already registered with urbanspoon
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We went to Garnish with some apprehension due to previous reviews but it was very good... good food and service and quite good value. I would certainly recommend it.

4  Thank Orgdevsa

Reviewed June 30, 2012

For a table of 15, two of the meals were forgotten, which the staff did not notice. When asked when the last two meals would arrive we were told they were forgotten and would arrive within 15 minutes- there was no real apology made. When we pointed out that the others would be finished their meal before the final two arrived, the host merely remarked "do you want to meal or not?". The situation could have easily been fixed by offering a salad or something to snack on while we waited. The food was unremarkable.
I would not go back.

1  Thank Jellyinmybelly
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Looking at the other reviews on here, I don't know if I just got it on a bad lunch or what, but this was an awful experience. I can understand why this place is empty most of the time on weekends. I won't go into boring detail - just that I would not recommend this place to anyone.

1  Thank Mike W
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I have been here a few times to celebrate New Year's Eve, a farewell and colleagues farewell. It is always consistence with their service and quality of food. The ambiance is fantastic and a very romantic place for a date! It's BYO which is fab to go with your steak which is always cooked perfectly.

4  Thank foodielover88
Reviewed April 29, 2012

We ate at this delightful restaurant, twice, on our most recent trip to Brisbane, & we can't praise it enough! The food is very good,even though the menu is quite small, what they do, they do with style & flair, & on our second visit, after a most torrid day(&,even though it was quite late when we arrived,) & in need of just something plain (as I'm a celiac vegetarian) the chef made me a wonderful risotto, which wasn't on the menu. On our first night, there was a band playing, which just added to the wonderful atmosphere. We also took our own wine, which wasn't a problem at all. The setting, is one of the best I've been to. Very beautiful gardens, & both inside & out, blend perfectly into each other, so it really doesn't matter where you sit, you are surrounded by garden, which is lit up & just completes the magic, of this place. We will definitely return, on our next trip to Brisbane, apart from the great food, to be welcomed as these people do

4  Thank budemby