“Don't sit Down!”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 29, 2012

There is a reason this place was empty l, rubbish menus and food though good service minus the coffee ariving after the meal

1  Thank Manuel_vega182002
There are newer reviews for DM Restaurant and Jazz Club

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We went to the restaurant on Saturday night with 14 people (we had reserved a table in advance). The food took a very long time (more than an hour) to arrive and the place wasn't overly busy. We had to walk up to the bar and ask several times when our food would arrive. The food that we got in the end was terrible and most of us sent it back. The pizza was less than average and the pasta with just disgusting.
When we went to complain the owner of the restaurant was very dismissive and seemed not interested at all. Only after some more complaining and arguing with the owner did we manage to only pay 50% of the bill. It was a very disappointing experience and I would not recommend going there at all.

1  Thank Katrin P
Reviewed September 6, 2012

The $10 'lunchtime deal' advertised outside the restaurant was not available (which is one of the reasons we sat down in the first place) so we had to order something more expensive, the food took a very long time to arrive although they were not busy and we had to ask for the salad and chips that was listed in the menu as coming with the burger. The waitress just couldn't be bothered or maybe she had been instructed to hold back on these things. The scavenging Ibis was the highlight of the meal, it's the first time we have come across one. After many good experionecs whilst visiting Australia this one was very dissappointing.

1  Thank petemain
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Everytime I have eaten here I have thought the food was average but my partner and I always get well looked after by an older gentleman by the name of Vittorio? We have always gone back just for him, but haven't seen him lately.

Anyways this time when we went the food was absolutely delicious! We started off with a mix selection of oysters and the the DM oyster special was amazing!!!! It was fresh oysters garnished with sour cream and caviar, it was so tasty with fresh lemon. The oysters kilpatrick were very good to. For main my partner had the fettucine bolognaise and I had the fettucine bug special. It was the most delcious white sauce pasta dish I have EVER had!!!! I could of eaten 2 serves. My partner ordered the fettucine bolognaise which we have had there before but this time it was the best yet!!!!. We're not sure what has changed there but quality of food has definitely gone better, as for service without Vittorio it was ok, felt ignored at times but the tasty food made up for that.

Reviewed February 18, 2012

Hot sunny Sunday in February. It wasn't very busy. We sat down and waited. The waiter walked past our table looked at us and ignored us. We walked out. Not recommended.

1  Thank robkielty