“Signature dishes were mouthwatering”

Sake Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with
Sake Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 4,313 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Housed at the iconic Eagle Street Pier, Brisbane Japanese restaurant Sake is a chic designer space overlooking the buzzing Brisbane River. Served by the venue's dynamic team, let yourself be treated to the unparalleled atmosphere and innovative cuisine that has earned Sake Restaurant & Bar its reputation as the best Brisbane Japanese restaurant. Revel in the innovative menu by Head Chef Daiseke and Executive Chef Shaun Presland, who draw on traditional Japanese training and passion for unique local flavours to prepare some of Brisbane's most celebrated culinary creations. Awarded a Queensland Good Food Guide Chef's Hat every year since opening, Sake Restaurant & Bar has consistently remained the premier Brisbane Japanese restaurant. Strategically matched with an extensive sake, cocktail and wine menu, Sake Restaurant & Bar Eagle Street Pier aims to continually surprise and delight you with its dynamic, evolving menu. A variety of enticing dining options are available for you to choose from, whether entertaining, partying or simply looking to impress. With five private dining rooms, a communal banquet dining area, traditional Japanese sunken tables and a sushi bar, Sake Restaurant & Bar can cater to every intimate or elaborate dining need.
Australia
“Signature dishes were mouthwatering”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Great Japanese food using fresh and local ingredients. Staff were fantastic, very friendly and attentive but not intrusive. Views overlooking the river really topped it off. The kitchen staff shouting "irasshaimase" and the decor added something unique to the experience.

Can't recommend highly enough if you like Japanese food.

• Visited December 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
brisbane
“Perfect”
Reviewed November 27, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Beautifully cooked, fresh Japanese food, attentive service, great view. Lovely place to catch up with friends.

Visited October 2013
“Japanese at its best”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I had the same fantastic experience in Brisbane as I had in Sydney when eating at Sake.$
This is just one of the best Japanese food I ever had. Location is great and overlooking the river.

• Visited November 2013
Brisbane, Australia
“The perfect night”
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Last Monday my partner suprised me to a 'date night' at Sake and the whole night blew me away. The staff were attentive yet not obtrusive and someone always seemed to appear just when we needed something. The maitre'd recommended the tasting menu and when I said I didnt eat meat she didn't hesitate in saying they could work around that.
Our drinks were always adequately topped up at the right time and the food was beautiful.
The tasting menu was a perfect choice, every course offered something new and delicious and yet when we finished I was just comfortably satisfied. Despite numerous courses they were the perfect balance of portion and taste.
Overall the night was truly magical in itself topped off by our subsequent engagement halfway through the evening.
I would like to thank all the staff at Sake for making the night a truly memorable one that I will always hold close to my heart.

Brisbane, Australia
“Nice but if you really want good Japanese food go to Sono”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We had the $88 pp Signature dish set (below). The scallops were very nice and caviar popped in my mouth. The sashimi was nice with the samon just tipping the king fish, then the tuna, and a fourth fish ( I can't remember what it was). The wagyu dumplings were lovely and pork katsu also good. The pan seared salmon was warm and delicious but prefer raw salmon anyday. The baby spinach salad was a non-event - really, it was just a few leaves mixed with a sauce which was tasty but it should be a side dish not a main. The beef sirloin was disappointing - it was a bit tough. It really should melt in your mouth! The dessert was delicous but it was not Japanese in any way, shape or form. You are told very clearly at the start, that this is a 'modern' Japanese restaurant, and I guess this is in ine with that. The service was great although the waitress in her mad dash for the kitchen dropped a fork on my lap which I instinctively caught with my non-dominant hand. Pretty quick for an over 40 something! The atmosphere was lively with modern music playing in the background and young male tattoed waiters flexing their biceps at every opportunity and flirting with other female staff! Made me think of my younger days......mmmmm....anyway back to the review. The music made it a little bit hard to have an intimate conversation. It was hard to see value for money in what you pay for. The waitress asked me whether we wanted tea or coffee, and after subtly probing, I was told it cost extra. "No, thank you" I quickly responded with a smile on my face.

In a nutshell, a nice experience, but if you really want great Japanese food with a more authentic atmosphere, then go to Sono at Portside, Brisbane. That will blow your socks off!

*ikura scallops -fresh Queensland scallops, topped with salmon caviar
& ponzu sauce
*sashimi selection -today’s freshest sashimi, wasabi & soy
*wagyu dumplings - steamed wagyu & ginger dumplings & spicy
ponzu dipping sauce
*pork katsu - panko-fried pork belly & spring onion bites, fresh tomato
salsa & japanese barbecue sauce
*ora king - pan-seared NZ Ora King salmon, super sweet corn purée,
asparagus spears & shimeji mushroom
*baby spinach salad -fresh baby spinach topped with crispy satoimo
chips & white-sesame dressing
*beef sirloin - medium-rare grass-fed beef sirloin, served on sautéed
onions & japanese mushrooms, topped with soy & ginger sauce
chocolate garden
*dark chocolate bavaroi served with rasberry sorbet

• Visited November 2013