“Great food”

The Fishmonger's Wife
Ranked #421 of 4,294 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Fast Food, Australian, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Brisbane's Best Fish n Chips, serving both in an air conditioned cafe, and takeaways available. We have an emphasis on fresh Australian fish, prepared by chefs in a variety of original styles and marinades. We have a dedicated Gluten Free fryer!
London, United Kingdom
“Great food”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Wonderful seafood. Not the cheapest but certainly excellent both in quality and quantity. The calamari is brilliant as are the chips. Best ever in a long time. Can get there from a short walk from the city cat terminal at Mobray Park.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank JanBaR
Sue M, Owner at The Fishmonger's Wife, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thanks JanBaR for your 5 star review, we certainly aim give every diner the "brilliant" experience you described. Cheers!

Brisbane, Australia
“Cheery Fish & Chips”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We have been to Fishmonger's wife several times now & always enjoy the meals .... tasty meals at a reasonable price. Very handy parking (out the back) & the atmosphere is very casual. The only 'blip' is lack luster service but this can be forgiven for a cheery night out with tempting fishyy menu. We will definitely be back.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Gemma789
Hi Julie H Thanks so much for your warm review of our business.
kind regards
The Fishmongers Wife
Brisbane
“Gluten free dining”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Having been recently diagnosed with coeliac disease I was excited to find this cafe. Having a gluten free menu provided me with hassle free ordering options. Such a bonus as I am still learning how to follow a GF diet. The salt and pepper calamari was cooked to perfection and the fish and chips delicious. We'll definitely be back!!

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank MikiBrisbane
Hi MikiBrisbane, thanks for your lovely thoughts. We love our GF customers, its been a pleasure putting the time into establishing our strict GF cooking tecniques, and creating an interesting GF menu.
Brisbane, Australia
“No ordinary fish and chip shop”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Having grown up in South Australia, where there seemed to be a fish and chip shop in every second block of shops, we found it difficult to find really good fish and chips in Brisbane. Fishmonger's certainly changed that. We have eaten in and taken away and have been very pleased with the food on all occasions. On our latest visit my wife had the teriyaki salmon, which was moist and flavoursome. I had the whiting and we shared the salt and pepper calamari and beer battered chips which were all of a very high standard. Friends who have ordered the plain chips (which are very good) when we have ordered the beer battered chips have invariably tried to eat all of ours as the beer battered chips are exceptional.

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank dennisofbrisbane
Sue M, Owner at The Fishmonger's Wife, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thanks so much for your kind words, I have posted your review on the staff notice board! I am very partial to the beer battered chips myself.....
Devonport, Australia
“Great find....”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

My son was in the mood for seafood, so did an internet search and found this place.

He had the seafood basket, and I had Moroccan Barramundi with salad and chips. They even had a Gluten Free menu - YAY.

Very tasty food, and reasonably priced.

My only complaint would be the lack of service on arrival. There wasn't a staff member to be seen, so we grabbed menu's and sat down. When I finally spotted someone, I asked for a gluten free menu which was provided immediately. After that the service was good though.

I do have a problem with the salt and pepper being in little trays on the table so that you can take a pinch out of it. - I don't like to think about where other people's fingers have been!!!! I asked for a replacement, and it was provided without a problem.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank fairywings2507
Sue M, Owner at The Fishmonger's Wife, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughtful review, so glad you enjoyed your meal. We are very proud of our Gluten Free Menu and get some lovely feedback from our GF customers. Hope to see you again soon!