“What it says on the tin, with good river views”
Review of Bavarian Bier Cafe

Bavarian Bier Cafe
Ranked #35 of 4,661 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Perfectly positioned on the Brisbane waterfront, Bavarian Bier Cafe Eagle Street Pier is our very first interstate venture. By uniting the fabulous setting with a striking interior that caters to groups of all sizes, Eagle Street Pier is destined to become a local hotspot for corporate lunches, after-work drinks, celebratory events and weekend fun. You'll find all of your favourite Bavarian-style dishes on the menu, as well as an extensive range of Pure Biers, schnapps and wine. Be sure to take advantage of the All Day Menu, which runs until 10pm each night and our special brunch on the weekends from 11am
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Can’t complain, you get good Bavarian food, good German beers and a good view over the river to boot.

We went on a Saturday afternoon and there was quite a bit of atmosphere to the place and tables ordering metre-long trays of schnapps, but there is also table service so its all quite civil fun!

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Visited here post business meeting with friends and a very nice location on eagle pier.
The food however was "nice" and ok for the price, but it wasn't something I would rave about. Perhaps the thing most off-putting was trying to shout over the noise of the music to be heard. On more than one occasion I had to excuse myself to find a quieter place to give my ears a rest as they were ringing.
I can say "I've been there", but I dont think I'll be going back.

1  Thank Ben S
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We dropped in for a quick weeknight bite. The food was average, and service worse. There seemed to be more staff than customers most of the time, but I can't say they were overly attentive.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

First visit to the cafe and we were quite impressed. The menu is quite extensive and while a little pricey, the food serves are huge while also being very tasty. The schnitzels would easily feed 2 people! Good range of beers but the wine list was pretty lacking (it is a beer cafe after all).

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Just had lunch here and it was excellent. Staff were very attentive throughout our visit and Lilly our waitress was outstanding. The pork belly was beautifully crispy and the mixed sausage plate had great variety. They have a great selection of beers too, I tried a couple but the wheat beer was by far the tastiest. We sat outside on the long tables so had an amazing view of the river and bridge. A very pleasant afternoon – thank you.