“Excellent bratwurst, great views”
Review of Bavarian Bier Cafe

Bavarian Bier Cafe
Ranked #154 of 4,896 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Perfectly positioned on the Brisbane waterfront, Bavarian Bier Cafe Eagle Street Pier is our very first interstate venture. By uniting the fabulous setting with a striking interior that caters to groups of all sizes, Eagle Street Pier is destined to become a local hotspot for corporate lunches, after-work drinks, celebratory events and weekend fun. You'll find all of your favourite Bavarian-style dishes on the menu, as well as an extensive range of Pure Biers, schnapps and wine. Be sure to take advantage of the All Day Menu, which runs until 10pm each night and our special brunch on the weekends from 11am
Reviewed March 9, 2013

This Eagle Pier eatery is reasonably priced, and has good German fare and beer. We were disappointed that they did not let us take our ample leftovers with us. The server invoked a health law, but it's odd that other eateries don't seem to observe it! I left 10 shrimp and delicious spaezle on my plate because I couldn't take them back to our apartment

Write a ReviewReviews (1,030)

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Had a great family night out. The snitzel is always a beast and tasty,lovely cold beer and atmosphere first class.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

The view is great - right on the edge of the river, and the atmosphere is good as well.
It is not the place for a quiet drink, however, and Friday evenings are downright uncomfortable as you jostle for elbow room with the young and trendy office set. I'm a 6 foot guy, and even I seem to have trouble avoiding being trampled on. Service at these busy times, is slow as expected. Although the staff are generally numerous and efficient, they can't keep up with the herculean weight of the crowd. Try evenings earlier in the week, or at lunchtimes.
Definitely has the largest and best selection of beers in Brisbane, but is also probably the most expensive in Brisbane as well. You get what you pay for I guess!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

This place has a great atmosphere, there were 7 of us and we had a booth, plenty of room and great views of the river. If you order Scnapps, they bring it to your table on a long wooden board and ringing a cow bell, a bit of fun, I recommend the chilli scnapps if you like a bit of bite.Food was pretty good, mostly Bavarian style of course, we all enjoyed our meals. I had the Bavarian style cheeseburger, very tasty.Very popular place, I suggest booking a table so you dont miss out. Will definatly go back again.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I love coming here. The goulash with thick bread is delicous. I get the mixed platter type thing which is pretty filling but I like to get a bit of everything. It can get busy even during the week so maybe make a booking. I went one time and they took my number to call me... When they did I was already eating elsewhere. Odd though because there were still plenty of tables empty. I have my doubts that they were all reserved. Great view of the river.