“Story Bridge Climb”

33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Story Bridge Climb”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Had the best time. Well organised and great experience. Would recommend to anyone wanting a different experience

Visited November 2011

• Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Noosaville, Australia
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A Thrilling Experience”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I thorughly enjoyed the bridge climb. The staff looked after us from the minute we arrived. After changing into our climbing gear, our group was given a good safety session which outlined what we could an could not do on the bridge. The climb itself was a thrilling experience and can be managed by anyone who is fairly fit. I took my75 year old mother with me on my second climb. That climb was special because it was the final flight day of the iroquois helicopter and our group reached the top of the bridge during the fly over. I would recommend the climb to anyone who is looking for a real adventure at a great price.

Visited September 2011
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Awful, don't bother. No Camera's allowed!”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

No cameras or photography allowed on the climb. They do everything they can to hide this fact so let me be the one to tell you.

We got terrible teenaged guides who argued with us about the Gateway Bridges - they did not even know that they have been renamed.

A small point to be sure - but they were also, in addition to ignorant, boring and rude.

We paid for their services and endured their company for several hours. Ugh.

The climb was boring and too short (you only get to complete half the bridge) and slow, very slow.

Constant stops and starts. Ugh.

Give this bridge a MISS. It is a waste of time and it is a gamble regarding guides.

I would have enjoyed it more if it was the whole bridge we climbed and if we were able to go at our own pace.
I didn't need a guide - turns out I knew Brisbane better than those rude kids.

Visited September 2011
14 Thank MooooJuice
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Story Bridge climb, Brisbane”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I had been thinking of doing this climb for sometime and was given a voucher for my birthday. My husband came with me. We had a really clear day so it was fabulous for viewing. On arrival we filled out forms declaring any medical probs etc and then were given overalls to put on and told what we were and weren't allowed to wear. Basically nothing that can fall to the ground. No watches or jewellery preferably. Stud earrings okay. Everything seems to be carefully thought out. Hankies with elastic to go around the wrist are even provided as are hats and sunglasses cords (so you can't drop them.) You are breathalyzed as are the instructors and given very thorough safety instructions. The initial climb up steps is quite steep but you are given enough time to do it in and to rest at the top, overall there are lots of steps but take your time and it's well worth it. Instructors were great and plenty of photos were taken, all in all a great experience!

Visited July 2012
2 Thank Aussie_Travellers10
Essex County, New Jersey
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Nice views; not as strenuous as it sounds”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

This adventure climb begins with a safety briefing. The safety aspects of the climb are seriously stressed. There's a breathalyzer test and you can't carry anything on you that's not approved (like a camera unless it's a photographic climb). You do the climb is a full suit that's harnessed by a clip that runs along a wire that's built into the bridge. Think static line that you're clipped to and moves with you. You're also given a radio so you can more easily listen to instructions as well as tour information. The climb, in my opinion, is not very strenuous. If you can walk a mile at an easy pace and not get seriously winded you'll be alright. The tour stops a few times for picture taking (and you're offered an opportunity to purchase the pictures of you on the bridge). The guide was very knowledgeable. All in all a tour stop I would very much recommend.

Visited July 2012